• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

No Radiator Fan, just dual Electric fans.???

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
Is anybody running these, if so, how many cfm's and which ones are you using, ie, do they just drop in? Thanks in advance.

I am just trying to cool this beast down without doing too much.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I run the 17" Derale fan that WH sells. While I have not put any miles on it, it moves 2400 CFM which will pull a sheet of paper flat against the radiator from a surprising distance away. I have heard good things about this fan and its pretty low profile so mounting is pretty easy. It mounts directly to the radiator and they supply a few different ways to do it. If you have the room, the Taurus fans that everybody on this site talks about move even more air. They usually require low profile accessories and maybe a modified core support.

jpalmer

Loc.
Boise, ID
I'm running an ultra thin 14" fan from Ebay that pushes 1840 CFM and was only about $50. My radiator is shot so I can't tell for sure, but it seems to do wonders over my stock fan...

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Electric fans are hit or miss some people have good results while others get worse than before. If your having cooling problems I would look first at your radiator how old is it? more than 10 years and it could be clogged up. 4 row? I dont think you can get enough airflow through most 4 rows. There are a lot of possibilities. But I still run a mechanical fan and have no cooling issues even when crawling in 100+ degree heat.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Do you have the shroud around your mechanical fan? If not, that makes a significant difference.

OP
OP
Bronco69Sport

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
I do currently have the shroud around it, but it appears my radiator needs replacement, and while I was at it I figured the fan might get switched too.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
I've got a stocker radiator (at least I think it's a stocker) that's brand new in my garage. Doesn't seem like coolant has ever been in it. (It came with the pile of parts that were bolted onto my non-running truck when I bought it.)

If you're interested, throw me a PM with an offer.

theshadow

im running two smaller flexalite fans on an aluminum radiator, it does overheat sometimes if im rolling real slow in four wheel drive. I need to make a shroud for them