• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NORRA Mexican 1000

BroncoDawg

Loc.
Bishop, CA
Go to the HP Ranch party, you won't regret it and only a few minutes out of town. They know how to do it up.

Love your race number plaque! Now it's a racer. Have a blast down there and wish i were going too. Second year now missing it and it sucks...haha!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Go to the HP Ranch party, you won't regret it and only a few minutes out of town. They know how to do it up.

Love your race number plaque! Now it's a racer. Have a blast down there and wish i were going too. Second year now missing it and it sucks...haha!

Thanks BD. I'm going to paint the number plaque yellow to match the rig. Thanks for the HP ranch input also. I hope we end up there. I've heard it rocks!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Well, we made it Ensenada and met Randy (Bukin 67) today. Super nice guy and a gorgeous truck!

Tomorrow morning we leave on our adventure!

Todd Z.

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Day 2 and it looks like all 5 Early Broncos are still heading South! That's great news!!! You can track them at www.racetheworld.net

I'm pretty sure that these are all of our Vintage Bronco guys...

8 Andrew Norton
26 Boyd Jaynes
66 Don Hatch
49 Randy Ludwig
332 Chris Sullivan

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
We are currently in Loreto with some lousy wifi. We just fixed a leaking rear axle seal and removed a rear shock with a broken upper mount. We had to replace a bad fuel pump yesterday. Otherwise no issues - having a blast and enjoying ourselves immensely!

Todd Z.

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
There have been some unfortunate rollovers for vintage iron across the classes.

EB team 66 (don hatch white unicorn racing?) has been drivin the wheels off it and at one point got some vw contact and later was on its side but got righted and frankly didn't look that affected.

Randy (CB - Buckin #49) had some axel issues and not sure if they are sorted but wow the rig looks fantastic and the fab work on it is absolute top notch.

Boyd Jayes #26 caballo diablo is always fast as all get out and yesterday he had a tire issue as well but fixed and kept charging forward. Boyd is a funny guy at contingency he had a HUGE fig newtons windshield sticker "Ala Talladega Nights" not sure everyone "got it" but those that did had a good laugh.

Chris Sullivan in #332 is a solid NORRA veteran and remains consisitently quick.

Yesterday Norton/Sullivan/Jaynes were all talking at a checkpoint n seems everyone is enjoying themselves.

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Great updates! Thanks! Looked to me like #49 was trailered to Loreto last night, but I could be mistaken. The good news is that they are all showing to be in Loreto ready for their Day 3 quest for Cabo! Good luck fellas! Keep heading South!

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Looks like 4 outta 5 made it to LaPaz....seems like Bukin (49) returned to Loreto and is now trailering (just my assumption based on IRC) down to LaPaz so he might have had more problems today. Short run into Cabo tomorrow! Keep the rubber down fellas! Quite an accomplishment to get these old trucks all the way down the penninsula! Really proud of you guys!

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
here's a pic of Todd and Andrew from yesterday --

Attachments

• ZuercherNORRAMex1000-5-13-14.jpg
    ZuercherNORRAMex1000-5-13-14.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 90

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Randy (#49) is an official DNF. That's tough news, but I'm sure he had a blast! #'s 8, 26 and 66 are all at the finish in Cabo. #332 is about 50 miles from finish and moving. Overall, a really really good showing for our little Broncos in a very long race!! Can't wait to hear the stories.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Awesome stuff. It's really cool to see the broncos in Baja. Might just have to build one just for Baja.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hi guys, TZ, enesset, our friend Sam, and I are sleeping in Loreto tonight on our way north. I've been without Internet til now and am looking forward to posting pics and telling the stories from the race. Quick version - a rougher course than previous years. More breakage and carnage for many, including us. Overall, still the best fun to be had IMO!!! 2nd in our class.