• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NORRA Mexican 1000

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Not sure what I'm going to do, but leaning toward replacing worn out body bushings with new poly that includes a 1" lift. PITA, but I think that will solve the problem. The guys are coming over this weekend and we will make the decision.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Does anyone know these guys from 2010? I think a buddy of mine, Ken raced with them that year:

Attachments

• NORRA 2010.jpg
    NORRA 2010.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I'm officially all in. My crew is a mess, but I'm in. Head first!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thats the attitude!!! I may get ours back together for testing tomorrow....

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
testing today - stopped at the top for a look around.

Attachments

• torchup3.jpg
    torchup3.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 60

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
Perhaps the feeling of "stopping at the top" will translate to the top of the podium in Cabo!

Bring on the sunscreen....Pemex....fish tacos....and cold Tecate!!!

22 days to go!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
You just gave the fever a shot, be it tequila or...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So excited over here, they are calling me Ruth, Anita, or that other Pointer sister.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Testing this weekend then off to paint next week! :cool:
I'm still in a pickle with my chase crew though. The perfect storm of events for both friends has forced them to cancel. I have another crew that will chase for me, but it's gonna cost another 1~1.5k in expences that the 1st crew were going to pick up themselves. The 1st are guys I've known for as long as 35 years and are veteran mechanics and mcguyvers as well as seasoned Baja guys. At least my co-driver is still with me. He loves vintage stuff and is looking forward to this as much as me.
I've got another good friend and neighbor who's a member of the Manx club and would really like to see Bruce there at the start. I guess the club is doing a pavement run to the tip that week as well for a 50th anniversary of the Manx buggy. I used to have one. They're fun, but can be tempermental as hell.

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Testing this weekend then off to paint next week! :cool:
I'm still in a pickle with my chase crew though. The perfect storm of events for both friends has forced them to cancel. I have another crew that will chase for me, but it's gonna cost another 1~1.5k in expences that the 1st crew were going to pick up themselves. The 1st are guys I've known for as long as 35 years and are veteran mechanics and mcguyvers as well as seasoned Baja guys. At least my co-driver is still with me. He loves vintage stuff and is looking forward to this as much as me.
I've got another good friend and neighbor who's a member of the Manx club and would really like to see Bruce there at the start. I guess the club is doing a pavement run to the tip that week as well for a 50th anniversary of the Manx buggy. I used to have one. They're fun, but can be tempermental as hell.
Good luck with your chase team. My fun factor racing in Baja has had a direct correlation with the guys that were part of the team. D-bags and drama = very little fun. Good dudes, no drama = a whole lot of fun!

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
EB's and Manx

#1 Bukin 67 it would be cool if you would post some photos of your rig

#2) you are right on the Manx Club....in addition to being a Bronco owner/enthusiast and baja fever sufferer I am also a Manx Club Member (#4260). They are having a screening of The Baja Social Club Friday night at a club event at the Horsepower Ranch and then a handful of Manx's are going the whole distance following the event going down and back.

Here is a link to the club bulletin and what they all have going on as it pertains to chasing NORRA.

http://manxclub.yuku.com/topic/1108/2014-NORRA-1000-Rally-With-Manx-Club-BAJA-Tour#.U1aY8VejL9U

Really looking forward to Ensenada and wish I could get down to LA for FFF this weekend.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
#1 Bukin 67 it would be cool if you would post some photos of your rig

I'll post pics when she's all doll'd up for the race. :D

#2) you are right on the Manx Club....in addition to being a Bronco owner/enthusiast and baja fever sufferer I am also a Manx Club Member (#4260). They are having a screening of The Baja Social Club Friday night at a club event at the Horsepower Ranch and then a handful of Manx's are going the whole distance following the event going down and back.

Here is a link to the club bulletin and what they all have going on as it pertains to chasing NORRA.

http://manxclub.yuku.com/topic/1108/2014-NORRA-1000-Rally-With-Manx-Club-BAJA-Tour#.U1aY8VejL9U

Wow! No wonder there's no more rooms left! That's gonna be a party ;D

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
Norra

It is going to be a rolling car guy event that is just super cool.

I REALLY cannot wait.

Andrew, TZ and the extended chase-crew that makes up Team Baja Broncos and also Kaysinger Racing are all super great people and I so look forward to seeing everyone.

Last 2 years have been great and I'm sure this year will be the same.

I personally was chasing the Manx boards/Samba/etc trying to find a Manx similar to the one my Grandpa had as one of my younger brothers is very interested in "going the distance" for the event and I thought a Manx would be even more fun than my Stroppe Replica.

The more Bronco (and Manx people for that matter) the better. Going to be a great event week. My only problem is I wish I had the time and money to do this more than once a year!