• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OCBR 2015 hotel update

bubba

Loc.
Conway
Talked to Christine today and she asked if I would share this. Some of us had some issues with Knights inn this past weekend. Noticed some people still living there. Mold in the bathroom. And rooms not ready for check in at 7:00 at night. And no signs of upgrades. A few of us have changed hotels. Some have moved to Red Roof Inn. We are at the Roadway Inn. Rooms are nice and clean. Pillow top mattress,tile floors and bigger continental breakfast. It's not as cheap as knights. But to me it's worth it. The more rooms we rent the better discount we get. There's enough parking for trucks and some broncos. We'll be leaving our trailer at the park but there is a lot there at the hotel if you want to keep it with you. As of now they still had 40+ rooms available. We need to see how many people would be interested in the change to see what the rates would be. If you call Roadway Inn tell them your with OCBR.
P. S. There is a dog show that same weekend so hotels will fill up fast.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just add a little info, from what I can tell, RI is the third hotel from the park. At a quick glance a two-double room is 85 avg for Thursday thru Sunday. With 20% discount that Nyles said we could get if we booked 20 rooms, that's $68. Info for your thoughts... In my pics the white spot near the compass is the parking lot at the park, and red roof and rode way inns are in the bottom left corner.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 64

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Has anyone looked into Red Roof? Looks like they have a lot more parking that might fit a trailer.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
we stayed at the red roof ... in back of it is a huge parking lot !

attachment.php

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
We stayed at the Red Roof year before last. Plenty of room for the trailer. Stayed on the south side of Hot Springs last year, we didn't mind the drive through town though.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
we stayed at the red roof ... in back of it is a huge parking lot !

attachment.php

Would you recommend staying at the Red Roof?
I can't find any reviews for the Roadway Inn and the Red Roof reviews are a mixed lot.
We have always stayed at the Best Western but wouldn't mind being around more Bronco folks and saving some cash.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
pic is from 2013 !!

its not a 5 star .... but its clean, ok cont. breakfast, great pool and allow pets !

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I would go where Niles goes because he is half the party.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Aw Bax you know the deal! Hey yall Im gonna put it like this the KI has turned into a dump like the red roof once was! they have people living there and a lot of construction workers....Give ya one guess where they put em? Yeap on the back right in the middle of the party pad was even a camper trailer being lived in there. the grass hasn't been cut this year its knee high, mildew in the bathrooms, yea they have a breakfast..... um might need to bring your own bowl! If you like breakfast Roadway's the place to stay.....all I need to say. yes their parking is a lil tight for trailers however Has a dang nice set of security cameras and the drug dealers hookers and what not cant just drive in and out like they did the KI and red roof. As far as location to the park they are next door to each other, 1 block from the shell station 2 from Dodges convience store. The KI is closer to the park but you still gotta drive past the roadway and redroof on those mornings you need gas, smokes, beer, in what not so as far as it being closest to the park its a wash.

Roadway has microwaves in the room fridge nice laundry room that's not locked half the night cause your key opens the door. The rooms are freaking nice!

IM GONNA SAY IS THE ROADWAY WILL BE WELL WORTH THE DIFFERANCE IN PRICE VS THE KI! NO QUESTION ABOUT IT, THE ONLY ADVANTAGE I SEE WITH THE RED ROOF IS TRAILER PARKING OTHER THAN THAT ROADWAY HANDS DOWN....HOPE TO SEE YA'LL THERE!

N BTW WE WILL BE BRINGING A GRILL!!! IF YOU'VE SEEN MY FB DINNERS WELL ITS ON!

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
^^^ how about pets @ the roadway ?? bringing the bunny and the dog !

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You tell em Nyles. I bet that wasn't fun staying at KI during the pre run

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I am no expert in broncos ....
but if your vision is fading make an apointment in J. office she can hook you up w. bifocals or assisted in situ keratomileusis.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Don't know what to do... Sucks that the party is getting split up. KI hasn't treated me bad in the past, and a $100 difference for a week stay is still $100.