• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Official Dash Diagram Thread

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone ever see the factory optional two hooks, tachometer or fire extinguisher?
I wonder where they were mounted?

I'm thinking the tachometer was a wishful thinking by the marketing department. Never have I seen what would have been an optional tach for a Bronco. But hey, plenty of rarities out there still to be discovered I'm sure!

Paul

Ovalis

Contributor
Loc.
Los Angeles
For 1966, there's also the Pull For Defrost as part of the fan switch and Pull For Heat being on a separate control by itself, but also according to the 66 owners manual, the control locations are in a different position as compared to the later years.

Attachments

• 66 knob.JPG
    66 knob.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 43

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Anyone got a pic of a 72 dash? Mine does not look like Mars Chariot’s late 72/73 dash. Thanks - Jeff

I'm thinking the tachometer was a wishful thinking by the marketing department. Never have I seen what would have been an optional tach for a Bronco. But hey, plenty of rarities out there still to be discovered I'm sure!

Paul
PS Paul here’s a pic from 1965 with a tach (and Falcon horn ring!)

Attachments

• 556ACD92-E53E-42EE-84DE-484DE963C8F6.jpg
    556ACD92-E53E-42EE-84DE-484DE963C8F6.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 63
  • E54FBE14-8148-4371-8BA7-7ED9089B7F4D.jpeg
    E54FBE14-8148-4371-8BA7-7ED9089B7F4D.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 68

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very cool pic. Was that taken in some early testing on a proving ground maybe? Or by an end-user after a sale?
Not a production, or even dealer installed item I wouldn't think. Judging by the electrical tape holding the wires to the dash and the Dymo labels on the dash over the toggle switch and below the other dealy-bobs.

Where did you dig that one up? Very cool indeed.

Thanks

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Cool pic. Falcon button even lol. No dash pad either. Can't read what the knob label is at the bottom. Something "Selector"

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
It is a pic from Motor Trend September 1965, I saw it in a Bloomberg article from Jan 2017 talking about EB value doubling since 2012, let me find the link

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
I believe it is the Fuel Tank Selector.
I need to get my pic server back. Argh...

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
It is a pic from Motor Trend September 1965, I saw it in a Bloomberg article from Jan 2017 talking about EB value doubling since 2012, let me find the link

It was taken during Motor Trend's initial testing of the Bronco in June '65 for their September issue. Obviously a pre-production prototype rig.

I just paid dearly for that photo :).

Todd Z.

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Back to my original question :) here’s a pic of what I have, so after some research here is my question, should the rows be (left to right)

TOP: Lights-Ignition OR Lights-Hazard
BOTTOM: Hazard-Brake Wng-Wiper OR Ignition-Brake Wng-Wiper

Thanks -Jeff

Attachments

• 05570AFC-C494-4F9D-954F-2C8F3BAD5533.jpg
    05570AFC-C494-4F9D-954F-2C8F3BAD5533.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 35

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Back to my original question :) here’s a pic of what I have, so after some research here is my question, should the rows be (left to right)

TOP: Lights-Ignition OR Lights-Hazard
BOTTOM: Hazard-Brake Wng-Wiper OR Ignition-Brake Wng-Wiper

Thanks -Jeff

It looks like you have '71 dash. Maybe an early '72 model, attached is a layout pic. You appear to have a radio delete dash and the cigar lighter option was not purchased.

A '71 would be Left to Right:

Top: Headlight-Ignition
Bottom: Hazard-Brake Warning-Wiper/Washer

Attachments

• Dash layout.jpg
    Dash layout.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 60

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Thanks guys, now I get what you were saying in the other thread Slowleak, about no lighter, that's why only 2 holes on top. -Jeff

I guess I was assuming that all dashes were stamped the same and options could be added or not added...didn't think they would stamp a dash differently to not include a lighter! figured they'd plug the hole like they do with today's dashes

Last edited:

jamesroney

Loc.
Fremont, CA
1967 Dash Layout question

Help...
I am working on a 1967 Bronco, built in March of 67. With two gas tanks. Based on the diagram, the holes are filled as follows:
LT -Headlight Switch
LM. Washer Switch
LB. Choke cabler

MT. Emergency flasher
MM. Brake warning Lamp
MB. Throttle

RT. Cigar
RM. blank
RB. Ignition Switch

Where does the fuel tank selector switch go?

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Wow, what happened to the pic in my first post?
Sorry guys I will try to get that fixed!
The gauge selector switch goes on the lower edge of the dash,
below the hand throttle and ignition.

66Uncut

Contributor
Thanks for the pics too. Love #2 with the floor pan rain gutter showing. ;)

Doing some dash/wiring research and I noticed that, too. What really stood out to me, is that, like mine, the gutter appears to be spot welded rather than screwed.

I wonder what the production month on that one is? @eaglenest66 ?

rain_gutter_spot_welded.png