• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "Lethal White" (2.5 years and back on the road at last)

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I'll answer for him.......YES!!! haha

Got a new overall pic of the bronco?

I will take some tonight. So far I have all of the marker lights, tail lights, turn signals, headlight bezels, trans tunnel cover, fuel tank, gas charged hood struts installed. I also installed the gas pedal and the emergency brake pedal. Tonight I was going to install the brake and clutch pedals.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I have to ask, is that sweet for the Bronco, sweet for the fish, or sweet for the boat? ;D

DUDE, ALL of it... Come this time next week, I hope to be out on the water somewhere... Not the Ocean, but probably the Ross Barnett Reservoir there in MS.... ;D

How'd that fish taste...?

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
DUDE, ALL of it... Come this time next week, I hope to be out on the water somewhere... Not the Ocean, but probably the Ross Barnett Reservoir there in MS.... ;D

How'd that fish taste...?

Dolphin (Mahi Mahi) is my favorite, so that was spectacular! The Wahoo was awsome as well.

The only problem with catching fish like this and eating it the same day is that you will never enjoy fish at a restaurant again. There is something about 5 hours from ocean to plate that can not be matched at even the finest restaurants. I order fish whenever I can and I am dissapointed 95% of the time.

The biggest secret of all is never rinse salt water fish with fresh water ever. It ruins the flesh and the taste. I always bring back a clean bucket of salt water so I can rinse the fish after I clean it before sealing it in plastic bags. It makes all the difference in the world. (There is my one fishing tip for the year!)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Cool brother... last time I had mahi mahi was in St Thomas.. Great stuff... :)

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I have been working on the truck just a little here and there. I just got so discouraged. Every little project turned into a 6 hour total custom fabrication project.

The radiator should have just been a straight bolt in project. When the new radiator and the new mounts did just bolt in, but then the distance from the radiator to the Water pump pulley was less than 2". So after 8 hours of custom fabricating new mounts I now have about 3.5" of space which still will not allow me to mount my new Black Magic S fan. So now I am going to have to go find a thinner fan that can still pull enough air to cool a 330 HP small block.

Then I was hooking up the new brake lines from the master to proportioning valve and that turned into a two hour project because I had to rebend the lines to get them to fit properly. Fill the mater with fluid and begin bleeding. After a minute or so I hear fluid pouring on the ground. The brand new proportioning valve was missing a bottom plug and the fluid was running down inside the frame rail, filled up the frame and starting running out a hole some 3 feet aft of the valve. So after cleaning up, running to the store to get a new plug installing it what should have taken an hour and a 1/2 takes all day!

Anyway I will post some more pictures with an update in a day or so.

I just need to get out this every little thing turns into hours of work.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
For sure, HANG IN THERE.... Kick back, have some beverages & think don't do.. ;)

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Shiftercover.jpg

Here is the transmission tunnel cover I made. It should be more quiet than a metal cover. The material is 1/4" Starboard. It is a high density plastic. It is primarely used in the marine industry.

StainlessBL.jpg

Here is the pain in the butt stainless brake lines. They were not shaped even close to where they needed to be. With a little finesse, they are in.

Radmounts.jpg

Here is the radiator mounted. What a pain in the A$$!!!!! I had to cut the original mounting locations off, modify the new stainless top mounts and completly fabricate from scratch new lower mounts. I wish someone had warned me about using thicker than stock radiators and how they leave little to no room for a fan.

Hoodstruts.jpg

I installed new hydraulic pressurized hood struts. This is one of the few projects that went well and did not turn into a many hour pain project. I would recommend these to anyone. The were easy to install and they work great.

Heater.jpg

Here is the newly rebuilt original heater assembly installed. This also went well until I snapped one of the 4 studs off the back when mounting it. The good thing is 3 should hold it just fine. 30 year old studs are weaker than they appear!

That is it for now. I might start on the wiring this weekend. I hope the Ford electrical engineer across the street meant it when he said he would like to help.

Chris B.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You like them big pics don't ya... LOL... PM me your email address would ya..?

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
It is so much easier to see things. The little pics work, but you gotta click on them and even then it is a pain to see detail.

If it is irritating, I will stop it.

sprdv1 - PM'd ya.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Well my streak of little projects turning into day long marathons has not ended. This weekend I decided to tackle the Windshield Wiper Motor, linkage, cover and sun visors. I snapped two bolts off. I broke a screw extractor. Many trips to the hardware store, a new drill bit and a new tap I am amost done. I still have to make one more trip to the store. What should have been a couple of hours turned into a two day project.

I will post pics tomorrow.

This weekend I hope to get on the interior.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I managed to get the windshield wipers, cover and visors in! I also managed t get the carpet in and I mounted the new Courbea Highback Racing Seats. Man are they sweet! I only had a few seconds to take pictures this morning, so here they are.

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Looking good bro... What's the chances of getting that to OCBR 2009..?

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
If this economy does not pick up the answer is nil! I may have to sell my 2008 Mustang P-51A if things don't pick up soon. I may be daily driving the Bronco if that happens.

I hope to have the Bronco running no later than Christmas.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Totally understand man... I'm jealous of the seats... can't afford to put that much $$$ into seats.. LOL ;)

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I bought all of the parts for this Bronco about 2 years ago when I had the money. If I had not done that likely I would be stopped on this project. I have everthing to get this truck running except exhaust, so I am in good shape.