• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

push button start

Bigbird

I was thinking on using a steering column that had the high beam on the column. Then I was going to replace the floor high beam switch with a push and hold for my starter.

dirwin

Loc.
Tyler, Texas
I'm installing the Flaming River keyless ignition with push button start now on my 74 (that is if the dash ever comes in). I got the one with the key fob docking station.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I was thinking on using a steering column that had the high beam on the column. Then I was going to replace the floor high beam switch with a push and hold for my starter.

Sounds good until some old guy tries to switch to high beams while the engine is running. Step starts are normally to the right of the gas pedal.

Bigbird

Sounds good until some old guy tries to switch to high beams while the engine is running. Step starts are normally to the right of the gas pedal.

I want to do it as a "Secret" way to start my bronco. Who would think that they needed to hit the "high beam" to start it? This way my kids friends won't take it out for a joy ride when I'm out of town for work!