• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Push button start, keyless entry and power locks

mduenas

Loc.
Los Angeles
I am looking for a way to inexpensive to add push button start (to help prevent my keyes from swinging and scratching my newly painted dash) and then keyless entry to make it easier for entering with my kid. If I'm doing all that remote start would be nice to have to get a/c flowing for hot days before entering. Does anyone have recommendations for an inexpensive way to do this? I see the BC broncos one, but at that price it is out of reach for me. I'm looking for something cheap, and easy to install. But I know nothing about this. I know I need actuators as well, but don't even know where to start or what will work with this truck. I'm installing FiTech, so I don't foresee issues with remote start. Thank you so much!

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Cheap is not reliable. Save up and get ine kit that does all you want and research it well. Get ine with a good rep. Check streetrod shops and sites. They do this alot more than we do

KBUCK1

Just put a piece of the zagg screen protector for a cell phone under your ignition switch. I think one of the vendors have something similar available

aisawalsh

Painless wiring sells a push button start and LMC sells a cheap power door lock kit but I have not ever found a chaep remote starter.

chriskent85

it does have remote start, But I probably wont use that on mine. Ill probably upgrade to EFI in the future

OP
OP
M

mduenas

Loc.
Los Angeles
The painless one is in no way cheap! Ha you're right. I'm terrified to go the cheap cheap route, since it could give out. But also don't want to fork out $700, so it seems I may be at a loss. I've been looking at the viper systems, but not sure, if they are actually good.

chriskent85

Viper is a really great brand, I didn't see any push button starts in their products though

Last edited:

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Check Watson Street Works. They carry all kinds of products like that, good quality.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just keep the manual door handles...I'll never forget an acquaintance who shaved his door handles on his 50's Ford pickup hot rod, converted to remote door locks and then had his battery die at a car show. Since he had also relocated his hood release into the cab, there was no way to access his battery without breaking the glass to get in and release the hood.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Just keep the manual door handles...I'll never forget an acquaintance who shaved his door handles on his 50's Ford pickup hot rod, converted to remote door locks and then had his battery die at a car show. Since he had also relocated his hood release into the cab, there was no way to access his battery without breaking the glass to get in and release the hood.

Wow! That's pretty funny! I'm sure he wasn't a happy camper that day! :eek:

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I'm using the Advanced keys system. It's getting installed with all the wiring this month so no real time feedback yet. I called and spoke with them prior to purchase and they were very knowledgeable overall. Hopefully it works as described.