• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

QJet questions

ChiefDan

Loc.
Columbia, SC
I've had it with this Holley, so I am giving the QJet some serious thought.<br>First question, will the QJet fit an Edlebrok performer intake with the adapter that BCBroncos sells?<br>With the spacer and all, will there be any clearance considerations under the hood?<br>Will the QJet be a good performer for street use to, I don't mean drag racing of course, just the normal daily driver routine.<br>What is the CFM of the QJet BCBroncos sell?<br><br>Thanks for any feedback.<br>Dan

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
I have an Edelbrock Perfromer 289 manifold, 302. I used the adapter to mount the Q jet. As far as clearance, I could not fit it with a 3" air cleaner. I also used a drop base air cleaner and I still needed more room. So, I cut the hood. That's fun. I put a nice hood scoop on top, painted it black, cut some vent holes in it for air and it looks good.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
From the top of the manifold to the surface that the air cleaner sets on is 4" including the adapter.<br>The carbs are 750 CFM<br>You will need the adapter unless you have one of the old Holley manifolds.<br>They work fine on the street also.

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Hey chuck,<br><br>Can you explain what ports do what on the Q Jet?<br><br>I am specifically trying to hook up brake booster, vacuum advance for my MSD distributor, and possibly a PCV Valve connection. Thanks<br><br>I just ordered one from you a few weeks back. Thanks

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I used a stock 60's mustang cast iromn 4-barrel manifold and a drop base air cleaner and it all fits under the stock hood and nothing rubs. Any high rise wont clear a uncut hood unless you have a body lift.