• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

77broncoguy

Loc.
Grand Rapids, MI
I have an older james duff catalog. In it, it has an old picture of him and his wife near a brown bronco with rounded rear wheel openings (looks factory nice). It's the nicest looking rear panels I've ever seen. I'll have to dig it up and post a pic. Anyone else hold on to this old catatlog?

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I have an older james duff catalog. In it, it has an old picture of him and his wife near a brown bronco with rounded rear wheel openings (looks factory nice). It's the nicest looking rear panels I've ever seen. I'll have to dig it up and post a pic. Anyone else hold on to this old catatlog?

That same picture is in the latest book as well

Flintknapper

Loc.
Deep East Texas
I didn't notice 16" rims on the build sheet? According to my Marti report the 16" rims I have, not mounted on truck, were an option. Were the 16" rims only offered for a # of years? Mine's a 68.

My '70 model Half Cab came with 16" wheels and had a PTO winch. I kept the wheels on it, but gave the winch to my brother (put an 8274 on mine). I still have the PTO drive that fits on the transfer case.

mjstef

For rare options, how about the attachment on the passenger side upper fender that allows the spare to be mounted on the side?

Or the jump seat that mounts between the buckets?

Anyone have a pic of the roadster radio cover? I've never seen one.

So that is what the 2 bolts are for above my right rear wheel are for??? Anyone got pics???????

Last edited:

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So that is what the 2 bolts are for above my right rear wheel are for??? Anyone got pics???????

Actually that would have 4 bolts holding it on. I have one available with hardware in original, non-rusty condition if you need it.

Lime73sport

Loc.
Starke, Florida
I had a 70 sport that had what appeared to be the factory roofrack option although some of it was missing not sure if it was pointy or straight across I'll have to see if I have any old pics of it.

I got a top yesterday that had a roof rack on it but the guy i bought it from took it off to put on his camper but it was really uniform and I'll try to get pics of it also the top i bought is alot lighter than the top on my 73 and is different

Itsa67

Not one to dig up an old thread but my 67 U15 (wagon) came with fender mounted "roadster" mirrors on both driver and passenger sides from the factory. It also had the rear seat delete so it has a bulkhead. My grandfather bought it new so I know these came on the vehicle when originally purchased.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Not one to dig up an old thread but my 67 U15 (wagon) came with fender mounted "roadster" mirrors on both driver and passenger sides from the factory. It also had the rear seat delete so it has a bulkhead. My grandfather bought it new so I know these came on the vehicle when originally purchased.

I have also had 67 with the roadster mirrors but no bulk head, as it had a rear seat. It had a GE spotlight too.

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa

That's cool. What month is your '67? Are the mirrors round or rectangle? I've heard of bulkheads in U15s, does yours have a bench front or buckets? Got any pics of this truck?

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
For those of you asking about the spare tire mounted on the inside of the tailgate. It is my understanding that the swing away spare tire carrier was actually the option. If you didn't spring for that option, they mounted the spare tire on the inside.

Last edited:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I've come across the map light and a dash mounted throttle control, both of which I used in my rigs. I also have a front factory swaybar on a 77.

On that same 77 it had no aux tank and the aux door was clipped shut....

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here is one on a '67...

DSC00577.JPG

If anyone is looking for one of these I can get my hands on one in good shape, came off a 68.

Itsa67

Seabiscuit, its got the round mirrors and a bench seat. I'll have to figure out the build date and try to get some pics up later on.
Tony

zenzone

Has anyone ever seen factory cruise control on a EB. My 76 has a Dana/Perfect Circle unit on it. Looks to be factory by the way it is mounted. Have never seen one or heard anyone talk about one.

jbbies

Loc.
Durango
Mine 68 sport has throttle control and "ranch hand" swing away tire holder It doesnt seem like there really was that many options.. Does anyone have pictures of the dana 30/44 combo how do you tell mine seems to have some strange things about it when we were trying to find parts.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I just got a regular 73 with beltline chrome only but has chrome vent windows, no door chrome.

Itsa67

I added a couple of pictures in my gallery for those that were asking. They are not exactly current but at least you can see the roadster mirrors.

bombollis

Loc.
Wayzata, MN
ive got an early 67 wagon with the block heater option...also has a factory chrome round driverside mirror similar to a 65 mustang but not that of a roadster...

ive also seen a 70's model with sliding side windows on the hardtop...