• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Red Label 68 4.6 Terminator Powered Bronco

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
oh man! im so sorry that you got f*cked over! those guys need to pay for that stuff! i would have givin them a major beatdown once i saw all the damage! i honestly would have snapped and got thrown in jail. grrrrrrrr! i hate seeing stuff like this happen!

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
wow thats some bullsh..t dont people know how to treat other peoples stuff. man i would have called the cops at that moment i found things broken on my bronco. good luck n take them down hard

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Kinda hard to get clean pics of them, but here ya go, Headers:
RedLabelBuild62311006.jpg

RedLabelBuild62311005.jpg

RedLabelBuild62311003.jpg

RedLabelBuild62311001.jpg

RedLabelBuild62311002.jpg

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Man I hate to hear you had troubles......I hope you get everything worked out...

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
wow, those are some tight fitting headers! you would think for the price you paid, that he would have done a more professional job on the welds. im sorry you got hosed over the deal. any word about him paying for the damages?

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

So got the street wheels and tires and tried throwing them on to run it around for the final touch-ups. Setup is a set of OE 2011 King Ranch Wheels with the inners coated black wrapped in 37x13x20 Procomp Xterrain. The OE wheels barely contact the Currie High Steer so a set of 1/8" spacers will be needed to clear. Also surprisingly the '11 wheels have an inner lip on them that doesn't clear the rear hubs so the lip will be shaved off all the wheels. But it'll be a good setup for running around town and on the freeway and hopefully keep Mr. Policeman from feeling the need to give me a ticket.

Took all the springs off the rear shocks and it sits at ride hight with no springs and 200 PSI. Gonna be a tough setup so to not be too squishy, but I'll give Ballistic a call after the 4th and figure it out.

Other than that she's off to get the hood scoop fixed, a soft top made, finish the exhaust, final tuning, and then gears and lockers, and she'll be ready to go.

Here's some pics of how much further the OE SD wheels bring the rubbers in, and the rub issue.

RedLabelBuild63011020.jpg

RedLabelBuild63011017.jpg

RedLabelBuild63011018.jpg

RedLabelBuild63011021.jpg

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
WOW!!! Don't know what to say. That thing is really nice for sure.

Quick question though. I notice that you had some wiring pretty close to the headers in one of the pics up top. Is that gonna hold up being so close to the header. Looks like the positive wire going to the starter or something.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

WOW!!! Don't know what to say. That thing is really nice for sure.

Quick question though. I notice that you had some wiring pretty close to the headers in one of the pics up top. Is that gonna hold up being so close to the header. Looks like the positive wire going to the starter or something.

They were just laying there disconnected. There is a hose or two that we have to reroute though.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Update 9/17/11

Nothing huge just a couple pics of some small touches while we trouble shoot some issues with the Accel ECM. Got the 1/4" spacers on for tie rod clearance. Wiring guy wrapped the headers and fabbed a shield for the passenger side lines. And exhaust tips. When I get her back, plan will be to finish the trac bar and then drive her around town and commute to San Jose for a while before I do gears and to see where I want to go as far as gears, if I want to change or adjust spring rates/Shock pressures, and get used to the manual valve body on the streets. As soon as we get the ECM/Computer communication bugs worked out I'll post video of the Dyno tuning and results, with 37"s and 3.73 factory Superduty gears. Last time I dynoed the motor, trans, tcase, combo in the buggy on 42"s it ran 275 Horsepower at the rear wheels. So I'll be shooting for 350-400 on the 37"s.

Miata91511017.jpg

Miata91511014.jpg

Miata91511016.jpg

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
those are "rock" lights on steroids! goes with the rest of the trucks theme;D

I was just at the 4 wheel parts place and they had those on display. very bright, beefy, heavy and EXPENSIVE!!! typically used for a light bar above or in front of your rig.

I wouldnt mind upgrading to those but I would have to find something real sturdy to mount them to.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Update 10/4/11

So having some issues with the tuning. I'm almost positive it's the plugs. Talked to the owner of Campbell Auto who was more than generous enough to lend me an extra ECM to see if my ECM was fried. When I told him that we ran the vehicle rich attempting to take it to the show at Knotts Berry and fouled the plugs, they are done. He said that it could take as many as 3-4 sets just to dial the motor, and that it has to be adjusted to a close ballpark within 30-60 seconds sometimes in order to not foul the plugs. So plan is there is a guy in Placerville that is the guru with the Accel ECMs and the 4.6's, just gotta find time to trailer her up there.

So news of the rain caught me off guard and I had to run home and throw the top and doors on yesterday. Thank goodness my 6 year old can follow orders and lower the forks on the lift down while I lined the top up. She did awesome for her first time without me actually holding her hand. Nice and slow, no surprises. lol It's been a long time since I had the doors on, like the beginning of the build. The passenger side just needs to be adjusted, but the driver is about a 1/4" off, so I gotta check it out when I get more time and see if I can fix it or if I have to take it to a body shop.

Also finally decided on my coil rates and ordered. 100/150 front and rear. I had an old number that I had figured out by calculating a long time ago of 80/180, but no luck in finding that kind of specs so I had to ballpark it since it was tough enough finding ratings lower than 150s. Got the 100/150s from FOA. I'll post some pics when I get them on next week. All I have now are the pics with the top and doors on.

Miata10411005.jpg

Miata10411004.jpg

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
That thing looks good with the top and doors on it! I hope you get the tuning thing straightened out soon.