• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll Cage Options? Lets see some pics

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
I asked him to delete that kicker bar. Instead have a bar that connects from the B pillar to the c pillar level with the top of the bed rail. Mine is also the big man option.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
So I take it your going to do some serious offroading and rock crawling with yours? It looks amazing though great job!

Yea that's what I read. Im wondering if anyone here has their cage. Hmmm

So after reading some threads on other sites, is it necessary or what is the deal with welding the windshield to the cage?

Also, is there any plus to making the seats mount to the cage other then stronger when heavily offroading?

You would not weld the cage to the windshield, they need to move slightly independently.
The vendors sell little turn buckles that you can tie your cage to the windshield to keep it from flopping around with the top off.

If the seats "and" your seatbelts are mounted to your cage it is safer whether you rock crawl or not.
In a highway accident at 70 mph a serious barrel roll of your eb could occur.
Even if the cage and eb separate from one another you will still be strapped into the cage snug as a bug in a rug.....and you will likely be alive.....

Roll cages are not just for offroading.
The worst roll overs occur out on the highway at speed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

Loc.
San Diego
I asked him to delete that kicker bar. Instead have a bar that connects from the B pillar to the c pillar level with the top of the bed rail. Mine is also the big man option.

Ah nice yea I like that way better. if you don't mind me asking what did they charge you all said and done for that cage? And where are the bars without the tall man option?

You would not weld the cage to the windshield, they need to move slightly independently.
The vendors sell little turn buckles that you can tie your cage to the windshield to keep it from flopping around with the top off.

If the seats "and" your seatbelts are mounted to your cage it is safer whether you rock crawl or not.
In a highway accident at 70 mph a serious barrel roll of your eb could occur.
Even if the cage and eb separate from one another you will still be strapped into the cage snug as a but in a rug.....and you will likely be alive.....

Roll cages are not just for offloading.
The worst roll overs occur out on the highway at speed.

Very good point. Wonder if I could modify a family cage to hold the seats as well.

And do you have a example of this turnbuckle thing? My three friends with broncos ive never really seen their windshields flop like I hear a lot of guys have issues with.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
If I recall it was somewhere around $700 shipped. Keep in mind that is from Oregon to Michigan. That included the big man option and the pre-fitted options. But I also really can't remember exactly.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
item number 4207 from wild horses
4747_297_large.jpg

OP
OP
BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

Loc.
San Diego
If I recall it was somewhere around $700 shipped. Keep in mind that is from Oregon to Michigan. That included the big man option and the pre-fitted options. But I also really can't remember exactly.
That's not to bad! Ill have to give them a call :) Thanks!

item number 4207 from wild horses
4747_297_large.jpg

That's it? That's so simple.lol Do the windshields wobble that much topless?

67RT

Bronco Guru
Bottom plate locations

If anyone with these awesome basic 6 or 8 point broncobob cages can post pics from below mounting locations it would be great. Primarily interested in if they go thru floor support, and if aux tank had to be removed.

Also, if you have a hardtop please measure top of cage in front and rear. I can't get my hardtop back on before I take it to get cage done so I have measured, but want to be sure... If u can't no worries! I have the soft top Rampage on now and will make sure that goes up and down.

Nice cages everyone! Can't wait to get mine in.

BroncoBernie

Cage

Bailie............Love this cage. Mounted flat. seat belts mounted easy and the rears worked nice with the bars inclining forward to the bench seat.

Attachments

• IMG_8479.jpg
    IMG_8479.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_8480.jpg
    IMG_8480.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_8482.jpg
    IMG_8482.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_8485.jpg
    IMG_8485.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_8487.jpg
    IMG_8487.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_8489.jpg
    IMG_8489.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_8493.jpg
    IMG_8493.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_8494.jpg
    IMG_8494.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
@ blueghost93, I see you are in San Diego. You should check out West Coast Broncos. They aren't too far from you (Yucca Valley) and build really nice cages specific to your needs. I'm really happy with how mine turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_2694.jpg
    IMG_2694.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_2705.jpg
    IMG_2705.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_2702.jpg
    IMG_2702.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 420

BroncoBernie

Hello

@ blueghost93, I see you are in San Diego. You should check out West Coast Broncos. They aren't too far from you (Yucca Valley) and build really nice cages specific to your needs. I'm really happy with how mine turned out.

Hey K.. I picked up the seat belts you told me about on ebay worked great. Love your back bench seat Mastercraft stopped making them that way such a bummer wish they still did. So much safer if you get bumped from behind.

BroncoBrad

Loc.
Athens
Virga Customs does some really great work. Check out his facebook page. Tons of pics of previous builds and will customize to suit your needs.

OP
OP
BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

Loc.
San Diego
Bailie............Love this cage. Mounted flat. seat belts mounted easy and the rears worked nice with the bars inclining forward to the bench seat.
That's a nice cage. So many good options!

Wow that looks good. Does a hardtop fit over that? And the paint color is amazing too. What color is that?

Virga Customs does some really great work. Check out his facebook page. Tons of pics of previous builds and will customize to suit your needs.

I don't have face book but ill get on a friends and take a look :)

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Depending on shipping costs you may want a Roll Cage built locally.

Here is a pretty simple design that is made from 2" DOM tubing and is built by a guy here in Bradenton that builds cages for the NHRA cars. Extremely strong and has the "Triangle" for added strength. The feet on the bottom have matching Plates underneath that sandwich the body and can be tied into the frame as well. This one also ties in with the Windshield to help support with Soft Top. Painted body color.

Build a Roll Cage that is going to actually work if you need it. Don't build a Beauty Bar that might mount your 3-point seat belts and some lights that ends up being a "Mouse Trap" in the end.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Roll Cage.jpg
    77 Bronco - Roll Cage.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 378
  • 77 Bronco - Washed Driver Rear.jpg
    77 Bronco - Washed Driver Rear.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 406
  • 77 Bronco - Washed Driver Side.jpg
    77 Bronco - Washed Driver Side.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 424
  • 77 Bronco - Washed Rear.jpg
    77 Bronco - Washed Rear.jpg