• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Silver Bullet Bronco Build

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
3 Link with Warflares

Lots of work done, lots more to go, looks great. I like how the war flares keep the tires from sticking out. Brings the look together. I like all the tubing work but I love fabing stuff up too.

Any way to tell if the axle set up will cycle freely through compression and full droop?

I do like the warflares also, but the main reason I got them is to keep the local cops happy. Otherwise, I'd consider running this without.

Dan76

Wow got a lot done since I saw it last, looking beastly man!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How have I missed this build thread?? That is AWESOME - great fab work!!

What size tubing are you using for the front clip? I am a couple weeks away from bending my front clip on my trail project and am leaning towards 1". We only have 1" and 1.75" dies right now and I'm afraid that 1.75" will be TOO beefy.

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
How have I missed this build thread?? That is AWESOME - great fab work!!

What size tubing are you using for the front clip? I am a couple weeks away from bending my front clip on my trail project and am leaning towards 1". We only have 1" and 1.75" dies right now and I'm afraid that 1.75" will be TOO beefy.

Thanks for the complements, fabbing is a blast, since I'm basically a web nerd during the day, nice to do something physical.

The clip is 1 5/8 tubing, which I really like the looks of. 1.75" would probably look good also. I personally think it will look better than 1". Take care!

Dan76

Thanks Dan, how are the axles holding up?

Perfect man! Haven't had a single problem ;D . Except the 4.88s on the highway thats not very fun. Gonna get this thing done for SOB/?

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Perfect man! Haven't had a single problem ;D . Except the 4.88s on the highway thats not very fun. Gonna get this thing done for SOB/?

Trying to have it done for SOB! We'll see, what are the exact days of SOB? I really hope to make it!!! I have a bunch of buddies that are going to help me paint it over a weekend at my cousins paint booth, should be pretty sweet, painting it J@@p Rescue Green, i love that color!!!

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
This will be one mean ride when done. i appreciate all the info you give for the rest of us that are continually in "mid-project" mode.. Thx

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Ahh, I see. Lately, I've built the front and rear bumpers, finished the roll cage, and working on my swing away rear tire carrier and jerry can holder. Next I'll tackle mounting my rear 3rd row Yukon seat in the rear.

I'll post some pics hopefully tonight.

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Updated Pics 11/11/08 - It's Painted!!!

Okay, so it's been a while coming, sorry for the delay in updates. With two little boys and family, the only time I get to really work on this is late at night, and by that time don't have time for pics, etc.

Anyways, here's a long coming update:

Thanks to some patience by my wife, I have finished building everything, painted it and now am putting it back together. With the body off, I stripped the frame of old brackets, final welded all mounts, filled some extra frame wholes, etc. Then painted the frame with some industrial acrylic black. Also, my axles were done at the same time.

The color of the body we painted Jeep Rescue Green as it's a color I absolutely love, plus it's one my 2 year old's favorite colors.

Currently, the rims w/ beadlocks, bumpers, cage and quarter panel protectors are getting powder coated. I should have them back this week.

In the meantime, I've been putting things back together and started wiring the Fuel Injection with the RJM harness.

Pics coming right now!

OP
OP
zdaily

zdaily

Loc.
Rogue River, OR
Axle pics before paint

PA150322.jpg

Bed with patchwork before paint

PA150324.jpg

Rear with gas tank notch and seat mounts

PA150325.jpg

Rock sliders

PA150326.jpg

Front core support (note, this was my first piece made and we had to do a little filling on my first tube notch)

PA150327.jpg

Rear Cross member, shock hoop and coil mounts

PA150328.jpg

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great shots - congrats on the progress. What size tire are you going to run?