• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Silver Lake Sand Dunes July 18th-25th

swyman

Loc.
Blissfield
Just a update.....went to the DNR volunteer training this past Tues and want to correct my previous post. The DNR and volunteer workers can only "advise" that tires be aired down to proper levels to insure sufficient traction on sand surface. However, you will be turned out of the dune ready line while entering the park if you don't have a flag mounted or your correct stickers. One other thing I use as a gauge for correct tire inflation is wheel hop. If you spin and wheel hop really bad you have to much air in your tires. At the right level they will not wheel hop at all and just spin nice and smooth. Have fun and be safe!

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
[youtube]knGprAjtSoI[/youtube]
New Silver lake Pure Michigan commercial

[youtube]HdXDt3kf7kU[/youtube]
Nice Silver Lake clip

[youtube]sB_dcVUo1vI[/youtube]
I will be taking a day to cruise the bronco up the coast to Leland

[youtube]w5rbrE2pq2g[/youtube]
Always spend a couple days in Pentwater. Great town with some great restaurants.

Can't wait for this week to get here.

Hank

tad3790

I am bringing my EB for the first time this year to the dunes, but will miss your dates by a week. I arrive the 25th. We usually bring RZRs... this year with the help of a friend the Bronco won't be left lonely at home.

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I am packing up the camper tonight and heading out tomorrow morning. Can't wait for some relaxing and playing in the sand.

Hank

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
I am packing up the camper tonight and heading out tomorrow morning. Can't wait for some relaxing and playing in the sand.

Hank

Where's the pictures of the camper finished?
Going to have to miss it again this year stuck at the baseball fields again........
c68371b8a052d49c75ed71e816d5665a.jpg

At least it was nice enough to be able to drive the truck

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We were there from the 10th through the 19th and stayed in Sandy Shores also. Sorry we didn't get together. Did get to meet Sandman3 and see his awesome rig (351 w/Lightening Upper & Lower, 35-15.5 Claws...). We had a blast. I did break the T-Case with a day left on our trip, though. Time for an Atlas.

The red one's mine. :)

BT_0AEDQWHQxTMWE_OtOCNa4NlPyJqSEkfE6kEaCXb6n=w545-h307-no

uB5TEqjGT6pB1KyL3ZLmAlzu2sdXl3nv_MW3-ICS8Y1n=w1024-h576-no

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
5001craig, it was good to meet you on test hill. We were right next door to Sandy Shores at the state camp grounds. while my t case survived this trip, I've busted a few out there... looking at a 205 for next winter's project...
weather wasn't the greatest for the week but not too bad either. looking forward to next time out there during applefest...

Attachments

• smugshot_3597622-XL.jpg
    smugshot_3597622-XL.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 48

edgeoffroad04

Looking forward to seeing pictures from everyone. Will anyone be out there the weekend of August 14th? I will have my '73 out there. Looking forward to being back at the dunes!

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
I'm hoping some year I can make it to this with everyone. Life always in the way.

Daughter going to Chicago for dance Wednesday and then off to New York Sunday for dance. I'll be a professional chauffeur during this time 😂

I could drive up for a day but just not worth it. I'll be dead from driving 🚙🚙

Have fun 😎😎👍

brewchief

I'm hoping some year I can make it to this with everyone. Life always in the way.

Daughter going to Chicago for dance Wednesday and then off to New York Sunday for dance. I'll be a professional chauffeur during this time 😂

I could drive up for a day but just not worth it. I'll be dead from driving 🚙🚙

Have fun 😎😎👍

I drove up for the day last year, was a long day but worth it.

I've got my bronco loaded and bags packed, I will be heading up Friday morning, staying at sandy shore.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
edgeoffroad, I think all my gallery pics are from Silver Lake... check them out.
5001craig, does this look familiar? :)

Attachments

• JLF_8148-XL.jpg
    JLF_8148-XL.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 49

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
edgeoffroad, I think all my gallery pics are from Silver Lake... check them out.
5001craig, does this look familiar? :)
Awesome pic! I was truly impressed with your Bronco and your ability to drive it the way you did. I should have taken a video of you going (crawling) sideways all the way across Test Hill then hammering it up the rest of the way. WITH 35" tires and a pretty tall lift! No way would I have the balls to do that.

I go with my in-laws every year for this vacation. They were at Sandy Shores the first year they started having camping areas other than seasonal campers that stay all year long. Something like 30 years ago. All the others that go with this group have Jeeps and my father in law and I are the only Bronco guys. It's pretty funny when you come out of your camper in the morning to find a "For Sale--$500.00" paper taped to the Bronco (happened to my FIL). The Jeeps are pretty tough. Lots of stout 360's and one CJ-5 with a very stout 401 and AMC TH400. His rear drive shaft is actually 7" long.

h9O2vE-AFXaodz0j6MncgQEtvTwnlf1mJYwcyv7EGrDt=w1024-h576-no

My group I go with does a guys-only fall trip. I need to get my Atlas in so I'm ready. :cool:

trevorJ93

Loc.
Portage, MI
Should be there on the 25 driving up from kalamazoo for the day looking forward to meeting up with all of you both of these rigs should be there mine is the uncut one.
3a3c57e17542098258ef199d07f679b7.jpg

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
So far what a great week of weather here. Sunny and 70's. Bronco is climbing the dunes no problem. I was talking with my buddy Don who came up here with his family and this is our 31st year coming up here, how time flies. Here are a few pics.

IMG_20150717_174407089_zpshurw80xj.jpg

Bronco packed up and ready to roll.

IMG_20150719_104131268_zpsqunovgox.jpg

Camp set up.

IMG_20150719_141124850_HDR_zpsg9dcaduv.jpg

On the dunes.

More pics to come but not the best cell or internet service up here. : )

Hank

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Looks like fun Hank. Carper left work today and was rubbing it in all day😎

Be safe and post pics 👍👍

UOTE=Hank_;2733121]So far what a great week of weather here. Sunny and 70's. Bronco is climbing the dunes no problem. I was talking with my buddy Don who came up here with his family and this is our 31st year coming up here, how time flies. Here are a few pics.

IMG_20150717_174407089_zpshurw80xj.jpg

Bronco packed up and ready to roll.

IMG_20150719_104131268_zpsqunovgox.jpg

Camp set up.

IMG_20150719_141124850_HDR_zpsg9dcaduv.jpg

On the dunes.

More pics to come but not the best cell or internet service up here. : )

Hank[/QUOTE]