• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

small block chevy in a eb

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
I call bullshit! After the money and time you have put into your set up.....if your truck was wrecked the only thing you would be doing is waiting by the mail box waiting for the insurance check!! ;D

But Shawn, maybe Arsenio needs that insurance money to be able to purchase the chevy motor mounts for his swap.;)

OP
OP
teamsideways

teamsideways

Loc.
ruskin.fl
we'll i should have known that i would'nt get any real help....but it's fun reading all the comments,..i have friends that race stock cars so i'll see if they have a bell housing, the motor is easy i have a 355 that was i my camaro that ran ih the 10's that i'll use..hopefully it wont break the trans or transfer case, my buddy has an exhaust shop so thats not a problem either..........i'm used to the haters anyway i drive a ford and work at a chevy dealer,,,i also have a 23 c cab model t

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
we'll i should have known that i would'nt get any real help....but it's fun reading all the comments,..i have friends that race stock cars so i'll see if they have a bell housing, the motor is easy i have a 355 that was i my camaro that ran ih the 10's that i'll use..hopefully it wont break the trans or transfer case, my buddy has an exhaust shop so thats not a problem either..........i'm used to the haters anyway i drive a ford and work at a chevy dealer,,,i also have a 23 c cab model t

I hear ya dude. This is a great place to get info but there are definitely a bunch of haters here. Do whatever you want to do with your private property.

Dude seriously

Loc.
Everett
attachment.php

That looks like JP's rig.

fetorino

Loc.
Orange, CA
I'm not a hater

I just think you are a kook. I have some good friends that are kooks and do stupid Sh*t.

Really a 355 that runs 10s, sure no problem sounds like a great drag motor. There are 5.0s that do that also but it doesn't make it a good motor for a Bronco. It's all about the combo.

So now that I know you want to put a high rpm SBC in your Bronco with a stock 3spd behind it I stick behind what I said in my first post; Bad idea.

Good luck with that..... xoxo Hater

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
alright don't hate.....what all do i need to put a sbc in my 76 bronco?
what bell housing will work with the stock three speed manual?
does anybody sell motor mounts for this conversion?

i've been looking but i can't find enough info on trans input shaft pilot bearing differentces either.
I'd start with a call to Advance Adapters. http://www.advanceadapters.com/
They have all sorts of combinations available. Even if you could find one to mate a SBC to your three speed, this may be a good opportunity to just use the GM 700R4 overdrive auto tranny. That way you would only need an adapter to the transfer case. The Advance Adapter part number for that is 50-2706. Jeggs or Summit will have the chevy motor mounts you need.
If you stay with as much OEM equipment as possible, you are gong to find that your car will definitly be easier to find parts for.
Good luck, and pay no mind to all the jealous rant you'll hear. ;D

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
i bought a bronco with a SBC connected to the stock 3 speed. I still have the adapter plate. PM me if you are interested in it

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
i think im gonna start a new thread on "how do i get a heep motor in my bronco" just so i can watch it turn into a realty TV show like this thread ;D

John.in.AZ

Yep what a bunch of stuck up haters. A LS motor swap might be a great thing but a 355 built for the drag strip will suck badly.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I can't believe you all claim to be "Bronco enthusiats"! I am a hater of chevy engines in Fords - and proud of it! LOL :p

Even hot rods - 32 Fords with SBC's in them - hate 'em. Much better with a flattie or other Ford engine. ;D

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
I come from a family that has loyal owners of both fords and chevys. The bronco is personally my favorite but I love other Fords and mostly older Chevy cars and trucks. Swap any part you want but to me the engine is the heart of the vehicle and it "should" match ford to ford and chevy to chevy. I cant believe this thread is even on here. At a minimum this should be in the off topic section.

woody6852001

Thanks for the input devin, i understand gears just fine- isn't the 302 a short stroke motor? meaning its happier running at higher rpms? which could also represent more fuel burning to get the same power that you would get out of say a 350? which is happy around 2K? I do feel that ill stick with a roller 5.8l rather than spending lots of money doing a chevy swap

OP
OP
teamsideways

teamsideways

Loc.
ruskin.fl
we'll, ya'll weigh the cost to build a 10 sec. chevy aganist the cost to build the ford 302.
also i love chevys, but i have had a bronco for 30 years and it's been non running for most of that time because of the lump between the fenders.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Due to the frequency of human-bear encounters, the B.C. Fish and Wildlife Branch is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen and any persons that use the out of doors in a recreational or work related function to take extra precautions while in the field.

We advise the outdoorsman to wear little noisy bells on clothing so as to give advanced warning to any bears that might be close by so you don’t take them by surprise.

We also advise anyone using the out-f-doors to carry “Pepper Spray” with him is case of an encounter with a bear.

Outdoorsmen should also be on the watch for fresh bear activity, and be able to tell the difference between black bear feces and grizzly bear feces. Black bear feces is smaller and contains lots of berries and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear shit has bells in it and smells like pepper.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
On a less comical note:

Why use any adapter at all? I'm not familiar with chevys, so I may just be talking nonsense. Why not run 350 with 700r4 with NP241 or 231C? If you are spending this much money, why not just bolt on an atlas and call it a day?

OP
OP
teamsideways

teamsideways

Loc.
ruskin.fl
this is fun! the ls1/4l80/4wd all from a gm truck will go right in if i make mounts,crossmember and driveshafts,stand alone trans computer and carb the 5.3