• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Survived the Tornado! The rig wasn't so lucky!

bosshoff

Contributor
Red Cross

Just remember, you can text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 from your cell phone account.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Yeah, but that goes to the general fund rather than oklahoma tornado specific relief. Still good but just saying.

OP
OP
JK

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
Well some good new finally! Found a rental today, so me and the fam will be out of Hotel Hell by the weekend. I was even able to lock down a place with a 3-car garage, so once things settle a bit surgery begins. I've never done any real body work, so it might end up going to a pro. Like was said before, I might clean it up and drive it as is for a bit, then start replacing body panels after I've driven her for a while. Or maybe my impatience will get the best of me. Anyone have a set of front fenders they want to make a deal on? Could also use a rust free windshield frame, and some bushwacker flares.

JustinFro

Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Joel - You might contact Darrall Lewis up here in Tulsa. Tons of parts. PM me if you need his number.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I may have a good deal on a windshield frame with good glass. Although shipping may be ridiculous. Let me check what shipping would be and see if I can't help you out.

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Found it.

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/our-ministry/donate-online/

One of the most awesome experiences of my life working with the people. This is just one team. There were dozens of teams from 42 states all over the city. Pretty unreal.

That is great news to share. I am always worried about the donations going to pad someone pocket. I donated to my Church which sent the money to a local Church in the area.

Greg

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Need some door inserts??

Mrs. BroncoDesign here. We would like to comp you a set of inserts if yours did not survive. I really couldn't tell by the pics. God Bless.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
hope all is working out, please post up if we can be of any immediate help.
(very nice of you Mel, i knew you were the class of the operation ;D)

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Well some good new finally! Found a rental today, so me and the fam will be out of Hotel Hell by the weekend. I was even able to lock down a place with a 3-car garage, so once things settle a bit surgery begins. I've never done any real body work, so it might end up going to a pro. Like was said before, I might clean it up and drive it as is for a bit, then start replacing body panels after I've driven her for a while. Or maybe my impatience will get the best of me. Anyone have a set of front fenders they want to make a deal on? Could also use a rust free windshield frame, and some bushwacker flares.

Leave them body pannels all dinged up, run the 4-5's with us at super lift then do the body.

OP
OP
JK

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
Mrs. BroncoDesign here. We would like to comp you a set of inserts if yours did not survive. I really couldn't tell by the pics. God Bless.

That is incredibly kind of you. I know that the inserts have some holes in them. I planned to see what fiberglass repair would cost. I will have an opportunity this weekend to clean them up and see how damaged they are, and if repair is an option.

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
That is incredibly kind of you. I know that the inserts have some holes in them. I planned to see what fiberglass repair would cost. I will have an opportunity this weekend to clean them up and see how damaged they are, and if repair is an option.

Hmmm.. you sound like almost too nice of a guy... ;D

Go ahead and take her offer and maybe you can donate those to someone with a trail rig that doesn't mind a little tornado rash...

Greg

OP
OP
JK

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
Hmmm.. you sound like almost too nice of a guy... ;D

Go ahead and take her offer and maybe you can donate those to someone with a trail rig that doesn't mind a little tornado rash...

Greg

That sounds like a plan. Anyone have a rig in Oxford White that would like a set of weathered inserts? Eventually I'll also have a weathered hood and a weathered set of front fenders to donate. Once a I find some replacements that is...

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
I will donate to a great cause for some beat up inserts!! I will even drive to Moore and help you wrench on your Bronco... Shoot, I will even buy dinner!!

matts460

Wow what a thread! Man i dunno i dont think i would fix it up for awhile Just what it needs to be safe to drive, so i could brag it had made it through the big tornado!!! LOL Glad you made it through that crap safely! Mabe now youll get a better house and an even better Bronco out of it all. A nice fresh start!

OP
OP
JK

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
Mrs. BD, would you like me to contact you offline to talk through it?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I will donate to a great cause for some beat up inserts!! I will even drive to Moore and help you wrench on your Bronco... Shoot, I will even buy dinner!!

Count me in as well for whatever is needed.....especially if you're buying dinner okorangebrnco!!:p Kidding of course;D

OP
OP
JK

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
I really need to get the ride cleaned up. Once I get some stuff moved in this weekend, I'm gonna wash her down and get a real assessment of the damage. I know it's all screwed, I just need to find out "how" screwed. Any Okie brothers have a set of fenders or a glass hood for sale? I'm thinking I'm gonna need the hood before I do much driving. The hood is missing a nice chunk right at one of the pins.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Glad you and yours are safe.

On a lighter note, I guess this proves that the EB's aerodynamics prevent it from flying with 270 plus mile an hour wind.

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Sorry I didn't get back sooner but we were at the All Ford show here in Pa. all weekend. Send us an address to mstandley@broncodesign.com and we can get a set out to you. Things are crazy here so it may be a few weeks until you see them. I will send you a tracking number when they ship. If your flares are in worse shape then the inserts we could send those instead, but if you had flexible flares they probably wont work for you since ours are old school. Let me know.....