• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TERRIBLE service at BC Broncos

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Flash69 said:
Can you believe this thread has had 900 or so hits since 1 oclock today. Man bad news does travel.

Ha!
When I read the title I thought "oh man, this is gonna be a hornets nest!"

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
;D

LOL well I know I was known for always be'n a JBG fan and not all about BC in the past.

The truth is I have had as good as an experience with JBG as BC... better if ya factor in the fact that the shipping is but a fraction of a fraction of what it would be if shipped from BC... but they can't help that I'm in MI and they are in BFE.

! more SHADY SHADY SHADY :mad: TRUTH... If sum ass clown posted a "Bad Service @ JBG" Post you'd see every lil marry jump on that band wagon say'n how bad they suck... and it's 99.999% dealing with their internet orders or that they called them up and called their mothers unclean prior to explaining anything...

NOW, sum 1 shares a bad experience they had with BC and he's rude or has no clue about what he's talk'n about?!?!?!?!? :p That is beyong WRONG!

There is indeed always 2 sides to every story, and as well opinions are like ass whole's... everybody has one... and yers stinks like ass ;D

...but I digress

:cool:

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I did try and resolve my issue directly with Chuck (new EFI bracket was advertised as "powder coated" showed up bare, was told to just paint it or return it for refund, order took over a month to get, prices were changed, shipping cost comes as a surprise, etc). Chuck told me if I wasn't satisfied just return everything (on my dime). I certainly would have, but the items I purchased were unique to BC and I had no where else to go and needed the parts for my EFI conversion, so I had to suck it up and just deal with it. I was always polite, understanding and more than patient, but left wondering why me.

You forgot a few details. You ordered the EFI bracket before the prototype was finished and you knew it. It took longer to get them than we were told. No place did it say that the part is powercoated. We sent you the first prototype that we got that was right. Thinking we were doing you a favor by getting it to you without powercoating that we did not tell you was included anyway because you were in a hurry. When you complained I told you to send it back. It would seem you also forgot something else. I sent you a new powdercoated bracket and you were susposed to return the old one, it has not arrived yet. This is my policy. IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU GET FROM ME FOR ANY REASON SEND IT BACK WITHIN 30 DAYS. That is not a smart ass reply, it is a promise.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Mark Troy said:
Ha!
When I read the title I thought "oh man, this is gonna be a hornets nest!"

Hahaha... me too. This board's definitely not known for BC bashin or any sort of BC negativity.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
hehe

I think it's cool that chuck get's on and defends himself. BUT for that reason I think it's why people don't bash him... they'll form a bond with him etc...

I'll say that it seemed that our service was always good from there, but had a couple of issues... minor, but no worse than any other place. I do not think I've gotten any better or worse service sence I had joined the board... although I'll bet chuck prolly dose not have me on his buddy list in here lol... :-*

I have always liked BC and espically their products, have they been flawless in meeting my expectations... NO, but has anybody else...? NO! I have always liked all the bronco vendors... if ya let yer-self get all wound up on the lil details yer going to get an ulser...

There is plenty of business out here for all the vendors to get by... and WE NEED ALL OF THEM!!!!! why bash em??? do you all have THAT GREAT OF FABRICATION SKILLS??????? Cause I sure don't want to see any of them go!!!

baby_blue

Loc.
Laramie, WY
As always there are two sides. Me personally I think that catalogue prices are subject to change, but internet prices are real time. Only takes a couple of minutes to change a price on a website. I will still do business with Chuck, and JBG, and WH, and, and, and... The EB world is a small place folks.

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
chuck said:
You forgot a few details. You ordered the EFI bracket before the prototype was finished and you knew it. It took longer to get them than we were told. No place did it say that the part is powercoated. We sent you the first prototype that we got that was right. Thinking we were doing you a favor by getting it to you without powercoating that we did not tell you was included anyway because you were in a hurry. When you complained I told you to send it back. It would seem you also forgot something else. I sent you a new powdercoated bracket and you were susposed to return the old one, it has not arrived yet. This is my policy. IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU GET FROM ME FOR ANY REASON SEND IT BACK WITHIN 30 DAYS. That is not a smart ass reply, it is a promise.

hmmmmmmmmm.. ;)

COBlu77

Loc.
Arvada, CO
This is silly, but I'm basically being called a liar and a thief, responding to someone elses thread. All of the correspondence on the transaction, except one phone call that I made on 12/30/04 was done by e-mail's that document all the details exactly. I'd be happy to make them available to anyone who thinks I'm lying or exagerating. I really have no axe to grind with BC or Chuck, I was over it.

Chuck, I think it's you that have forgotten a few details and am greatly disappointed that you would stoop to calling me a liar online, when all the facts are documented in e-mails and online. I first found out about the product from a post that you put on this board about a new product - anyone can look it up. It was shown here and on the web site as "powder coated". I never knew it wasn't, in fact here's really what I was told
{From: Debbie [mailto:debbie@bcbroncos.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 11:24 AM
To:
Subject: RE: On-lin order

Your gas tank is going out today. The throttle and kickdown brackets are at the powder coater, to be picked up on Friday and hopefully shipped out with the rest of your order on Monday. We are sorry for the delay.}

This e-mail from Debbie was a response to my inquiry about the online order I placed 11/20/04. I received my order on December 23, 2004.
I never recieved a call, while waiting for my order. The only time we talked was on 12/30/04, when I received a strong e-mail from you and called to talk to you directly. I never was given an option of getting it quicker without powder coating or told it was a prototype. I never recieved a replacement or was told by you I would get a replacement. You said if I returned the one I had you would exchange it for a powder coated model when you got one in. I asked if you'd pay for the shipping and you said "no", it would only be a couple dollars anyway. I didn't and don't have time for the hassle and as Debbie told me in one of her e-mails "You could just spray paint them". Well I did.

The point is and was I just expected more from most of the posts on this site, but now I know what to expect.

Last edited:

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
sfaforester said:
Airman- who cares how sensative a human being "this dude" (as 74bronc likes to call him) is? ?:?

I have this funny feeling that the attitude would not be the same with the forum bruthas if it were a forum brutha with over 3000 posts. Just shows how some of us feel about a newbie.

Gotta disagree with you here man. I never looked at his post count and I usually don't.

As for the thread,

If anyone saw the thread title as anything other than calling Chuck out than I want some of your kool-aid. I have talked to Mark at JBG after one of their flame threads and there was more to the story.

I doubt any of the vendors have bad intent. I have heard of some bonehead policies from a few but what do you expect. These vendors are justs guys like you and me, not amazon.com and not sears. They are going to make mistakes. I think everyone needs to lighten up a little bit or go ahead and start "eutopiabroncoparts.com" where everything is a mass buy with free next day shipping and if you want to return something they come to your house and get it with a pizza and a 12 pack.

Until I see Chuck on MTV cribs with his 24 year old girlfriend sunbathing topless on his 80 foot yacht listening to Puff Daddy I'll asume he is treating me fair.

PS, if you ever help me out, I'll go to bat for you too.

Jeff in AZ

MI-Bronco

Yep, I just had to look at this thread and see if Chuck weighed in... It was no surprise that he did.

We buyers tend to be a fickle lot sometimes. Sometimes we don't say _exacatly_ what we want. Hey, I'm not bashing, just saying I'm the same way. Then, sometimes we get mad and rant. Problem is that ranting on this board might be like slaming democrats in Boston (not everyone will see things your way).

What I've found (after doing some digging on a JBG slam) is similar to what Chuck said... some details are forgotten, or left out. No big deal.

What I've also found is that the people that provide us with parts and support this board will truly treat us as we treat them. We need a little patience, or if we are in a hurry, tell them and buck up. Just cause we have an emergency - doesn't mean they have one!!

ok, I'm under the table, pelt away....

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
MI-Bronco said:
Yep, I just had to look at this thread and see if Chuck weighed in... It was no surprise that he did.

I may have missed something here, but didn't Chuck weigh in on the wrong complaint? I believe he replied to COBlu77's complaint, not 66Crawler's, who started this thread. ?:?

MI-Bronco

1975stroppebaja said:
I may have missed something here, but didn't Chuck weigh in on the wrong complaint? I believe he replied to COBlu77's complaint, not 66Crawler's, who started this thread. ?:?

Dang!! He sure did....

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Slick said:
;D

LOL well I know I was known for always be'n a JBG fan and not all about BC in the past.

The truth is I have had as good as an experience with JBG as BC... better if ya factor in the fact that the shipping is but a fraction of a fraction of what it would be if shipped from BC... but they can't help that I'm in MI and they are in BFE.

! more SHADY SHADY SHADY :mad: TRUTH... If sum ass clown posted a "Bad Service @ JBG" Post you'd see every lil marry jump on that band wagon say'n how bad they suck... and it's 99.999% dealing with their internet orders or that they called them up and called their mothers unclean prior to explaining anything...

NOW, sum 1 shares a bad experience they had with BC and he's rude or has no clue about what he's talk'n about?!?!?!?!? :p That is beyong WRONG!

There is indeed always 2 sides to every story, and as well opinions are like ass whole's... everybody has one... and yers stinks like ass ;D

...but I digress

Slick

It's different when someone starts a "Problems with JBG" and 50-60 additional posters come out of the woodwork and share similar problems or horror stories too. I think it is safe to say BC Broncos is not normally equated with bad service, and that is why only a couple of people come forward with similar stories. You are comparing apples and oranges.....but I digress.

You will always stand up for JBG, just as Chuck @BC Bronco has earned a lot of support. If I had some face to face time with either vendor, I might be a staunch supporter of one or the other, but I live in Texas--home of the non-Bronco supplier. So ALL my business is online and mail order, and therefore posts such as these are important to me.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
airman said:
Gotta disagree with you here man.

LOL, I was climbing on a soap box (it was a tall soap box) at the time.
:-* ;D

airman said:
Until I see Chuck on MTV cribs with his 24 year old girlfriend sunbathing topless on his 80 foot yacht listening to Puff Daddy I'll asume he is treating me fair. Jeff in AZ

Don't start that rumor. I'll remember I saw it here first. LOL

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
This is NOT a bash.

I've done business with BC Broncos a couple of times. Both times I was a little disappointed in the fit of the product but it was fixable so I kept it and went on. One of the items was not shipped when it was promised and that was a pisser because I missed a ride waiting for it. Both times I called to ask about the problem . The first time Debbie told me how to correct the problem and the second time Chuck did when I finally got in touch with him. Now maybe I expect too much but for the prices they charge I expect things to be right when I get it. The reason I had never mentioned my disappointments before was because nobody ever complains about them and I didn't want to catch a load of crap about it. That said, I don't want to steer anyone away from using them. They have good products that work great with some minor tweaking and everyone has problems creep up now and then. I would not hesitate to use them again in the future.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
66crawler said:
I just had the WORST experience with any vendor when dealing with BC Broncos. I ordered 3 items via their website. It took them 2 weeks to send me my items. I only received 2 of the items. I emailed twice before they were delivered asking for an update on when my order would ship with no response until the 3rd email.

After I received only 2 of the items, they called and left a message that the 3rd item price went up and that they needed to charge me more for this item and for shipping.

Now if you were running an honest business, wouldn't you honor you original price that I ordered from your online website and already processed the order for??

After discussing the virtues of bad business practices with the owner's wife, she came to the conclusion that she did not want to work with me on the price increase or extra shipping and that's just the way it is. So, I cancelled the order.

I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of Bronco parts from Jeff's, Duff, Bronco Hut and Wild Horses and had EXCELLENT business dealings with each one of these vendors. In most cases, these vendors were willing to bend over backwards to ensure great customer service. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for BC Broncos. I will NEVER do business with this company again and I would warn others to stay away too. :mad:
Let me start with a few facts. You ordered on 3-07 . We got your order on 3-8, your payment was by paypal. We shipped your order except the rubber on 3-9. We ordered the rubber from another vender and was told that the price was higher so you were called and we left a message about the higher price on the 11th. You called back today 3-15. You cancelled the rubber part of your order because we would not cover the extra and If you will look in your paypal account you will find your refund was returned a few min. after you canceled your order.
At this time we get rubber from other vendors and by the time we pay the shipping to us we make no profit, I am not complaining just trying to explain why debbie would not cover the extra $10.15 It did not take 2 weeks, what we shipped went out the 2nd day.
On to other things. The internet ordering is not less work for us. The only advantage to us is we have what you want in type and you can order 24/7, it is still the same or more work to prossess a order. It says on the online store that it will take a few days to prossess orders, if you are in a hurry please call.
We do not charge until we ship. If you pay by paypal the money gets to me when you send it, I have no control over that.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
sfaforester said:
Airman- who cares how sensative a human being "this dude" (as 74bronc likes to call him) is? ?:?

I have this funny feeling that the attitude would not be the same with the forum bruthas if it were a forum brutha with over 3000 posts. Just shows how some of us feel about a newbie.

This is terribly childish to even say this but I am going to anyway. You have to understand that I live in Southern California and have lived here most of my life. I grew up using the word "dude" and it is as natural as anything else I say. I apoligize if you or anyone else took offense to it because I meant no disrespect by saying it. And, honestly, if this guy had 3K+ posts, he would know why I was so quick to defend BC because of chucks reputation on this board, so yeah, he may have been treated differently if he weren't a newbie. Never did I say that he didn't have a right to voice his opinion just like someone with 5K posts.

69patriot76

Loc.
Centralia, WA
First, nothing personal meant to hurt you Leo. Qwest still sucks.

Second, after reading all these posts I realize now that Bronco owners are a very "special" bunch of people.

Third, I appreciate all the input you folks have thrown out about BC Broncos. I've never ordered from there, but, I may some day. When that day comes I will do what I always do when dealing with a vendor and try to have the best communication with them that I can get. If it goes South I am damn sure not going to share it with any of you!!! (who would after all this?)

I think most of you are taking this way too personally. I don't think that it matters what the original poster was saying anymore. He even apologized. I think you guys are just very loyal to BC and that is great.

Just imagine someone in the F250 forum somewhere being unhappy about how the side rear windows in a '96 extended cab pickup don't open and making a comment about it, then, having a Ford executive come in the forums to defend Ford. THAT would be something. Kudos to the owner of BC for speaking his part, though, I think it would have been best for all if the complaint never happened online (though I suspect the initial post was never intended to be seen by Chuck) and all the responses took place off line between Chuck and the poster.

Let's put this puppy to bed. Please. I can only see this getting worse if we don't just let it go and handle our business dealings privately and using any of the vendors "at our own risk".

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
COBlu77 said:
This is silly, but I'm basically being called a liar and a thief, responding to someone elses thread. All of the correspondence on the transaction, except one phone call that I made on 12/30/04 was done by e-mail's that document all the details exactly. I'd be happy to make them available to anyone who thinks I'm lying or exagerating. I really have no axe to grind with BC or Chuck, I was over it.

Chuck, I think it's you that have forgotten a few details and am greatly disappointed that you would stoop to calling me a liar online, when all the facts are documented in e-mails and online. I first found out about the product from a post that you put on this board about a new product - anyone can look it up. It was shown here and on the web site as "powder coated". I never knew it wasn't, in fact here's really what I was told
{From: Debbie [mailto:debbie@bcbroncos.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 11:24 AM
To:
Subject: RE: On-lin order

Your gas tank is going out today. The throttle and kickdown brackets are at the powder coater, to be picked up on Friday and hopefully shipped out with the rest of your order on Monday. We are sorry for the delay.}

This e-mail from Debbie was a response to my inquiry about the online order I placed 11/20/04. I received my order on December 23, 2004.
I never recieved a call, while waiting for my order. The only time we talked was on 12/30/04, when I received a strong e-mail from you and called to talk to you directly. I never was given an option of getting it quicker without powder coating or told it was a prototype. I never recieved a replacement or was told by you I would get a replacement. You said if I returned the one I had you would exchange it for a powder coated model when you got one in. I asked if you'd pay for the shipping and you said "no", it would only be a couple dollars anyway. I didn't and don't have time for the hassle and as Debbie told me in one of her e-mails "You could just spray paint them". Well I did.

The point is and was I just expected more from most of the posts on this site, but now I know what to expect.
Give me your name and I will find out why you did not the powdercoated part, or Debbie can look it up tomorrow. As far as posting e-mails if you feel like it please do, I do not like being called a lier either. So what I am saying is you ordered a product before we were finished with them, It took a while before we got them When we got the we called and left a message about them not being powdercoated. After a few days without reply we shipped it to you without powdercoating because we thought you were needing it. After you and I talked we shipped a new one to you.