• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thinking about producing trail covers...

is thre interest in a revivied "saddle up" type trail cover?

• Total voters

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
I also have "the other guys cover" one of the 1st, used hard and its held up great!

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
O.K...
Tasker, thanks for the measurement offer. You're "second" to none.

Jeffie, I was practicing my zen fiberglass trimming. Blindfolded? Is there any other way?
Serguei says he can do the bikini with the clear sun roof if Missy wants it for $165.

Daryl, Per the above, I was trying to reach your level of indestructability. Instead of becoming one with the force, the only force I felt was the cut off wheel bouncing off the bone.

Response sounds good. I'll get it going as soon as the sample one gets here. You all have Ben (NGA) to thank since he's the little bird that put the bug in my ear in TN and got the sample headed here.

Rgds, Mike

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
BTW-
The surgeon checks his work on the carnage tomorrow. Think I'll get a pic of the Frankenstein thumb unbandaged and make that my new avatar..

Daryl- better put the guard back on your grinder since some moron (can't imagine who) removed it.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Thanks Ben! Now Mike has one more project to do.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I have both versions. I have been towing with mine for 5 years or how ever long its been and have had no issues so far.

longer straps would be nice and longer door flaps I don';t see why they could not extend down the rockers, I run soft door & inserts and longer would keep the rain out of the bottom of the doors.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
if you only had the those "three" seconds left.....just enough time to move your thumb ;D

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Thanks Ben! Now Mike has one more project to do.

Bax, You sound like my wife ;D

Tasker, If you and Jeff don't pick up the pace next year, (and I have time to adjust the shift linkage so Mel and Jason can actually find reverse), your reign will end!! Think about it, ROOKIES almost beat the champs on their first try. Better start juggling with your angle grinder and the blindfolds. :cool:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
NEXT year, me and the Magic Man will do the course WITH the trail cover on it! ;D

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Always a critic and a showoff in every crowd....

Went to the Doc this morning. He says I haven't torn the tendon loose again/yet but there's always today.

Ben- I was in the shop as soon as the anesthesia wore off which kind of pissed the doc off. Unfortunately, I can't glove the hand so its all stickied up from resin. Made parts last week (slowly) and good progress on the Trail Tub sides over the weekend despite Mel making me take time off. They should be in fill prime today, then wet sand, final prime, wet block, and buff for molding.

This is going to be my new avatar;

Attachments

• July 18 2001 009.jpg
    July 18 2001 009.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 120
  • July 18 2001 001.jpg
    July 18 2001 001.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 104
  • July 18 2001 003.jpg
    July 18 2001 003.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 91
  • July 18 2001 006.jpg
    July 18 2001 006.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 99

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
At least you have a sense of humour about it, looks nasty. glad it wasn't worse Mike....

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Me too Tasker. A litttle longer and I'd have been looking for the piece on the floor.

OK Ben, Heading to the shop now. You can punch me in...

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I don't remember the slant version. Was that for someone without a family cage?
I liked the family cage version, but it would be cool to offer it with some sort of rear support that breaks down (for storage) for those without a family cage.
You'd only have to make one cover then too. It could drop into the rear bed post holes so no cutting would be required.
I'd definitely be in if the price was right. My seats are getting beat on this year.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I would like to get one in family cage style and longer to cover down to the rocker.

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Hey Mike, nice stitching on your thumb!!! Hey maybe you could get whoever did that to help sew the covers?????%)%)%)

He better have been good. His sheep skin on the wall said HAAAVUUUUUDDD medical school.
Don't want to see the bill....

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Bad news-
Got a call from Carl that he'd picked up the broncos and parts but no trail cover. The PO had sold it. Anybody out there got one thats sevicable (good original shape) we could borrow or trade for a new one once they're done? :-[

Mike

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
How long do you need it? Going to the wrench and roast at Drew's in a couple of weeks and could bring mine down......OR ship it down and pick up then? let me know....

Last edited:

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
Bad news-
Got a call from Carl that he'd picked up the broncos and parts but no trail cover. The PO had sold it. Anybody out there got one thats sevicable (good original shape) we could borrow or trade for a new one once they're done? :-[

Mike

I got the full cage version, let me know if you need it