• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

This sucks - hit and run - again

Ksm

Bronco Guru
This is the second time in the last 6 months that my Bronco has been involved in a hit and run.

Yesterday my Bronco was parked well away from any other cars in the parking lot at Lowe's, directly in front of a security camera. It was early and I was in the store for 20 min. .... I come out and it's been hit! I talked to the manager who assured me that they would look at the security footage and just confirm that it was hit. I've called and spoken to three managers all who have told me different things but the last guy was like screw you we're not going to tell you anything without a cop telling us we have to. I wasn't asking for a licence plate just a confirmation that it happened. First they told me sure, then 24 hours later to go take a hike.

I filed a police report and will get a report number that I can take to my insurance but that's BS. They have footage of who hit me but since I wasn't injured they aren't going to bother with an investigation. (cursing like a sailor right now)

Attachments

• 20170205_112140.jpg
    20170205_112140.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 437

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
This is B.S. you did the right thing in calling the police. I did have a lawn truck hit my car one time while at the store people stayed and got the jerks plates and I called my insurance and the police. Good Luck

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Kind of makes you wonder if a Lowe's employee was involved....

I know, right? Seems suspicious that they were fine looking at the tapes until they actually watched them...and now they won't talk to me about it.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
That sucks. Unfortunately large corporations have large legal departments and they were probably told not to release without a warrant so they couldn't be sued by the person that hit you, it has happened.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dude, call your insurance company and then the place that your car was damaged and tell them it was one of their pieces of equipment. They will pay to have that fixed, thats why they clammed up. In my case a cart at a Home depo was pushed across the lot into the side of my car during a windy day. They tried to claim no responsibility and pointed to their silly sign on the wall. I showed them they did not care for their carts, left them all over the lot, and knew it was going to be windy that day. They bought me a new paint job on my new car.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
If it were me, i'd take a copy of the police report to the local judge and ask the court to subpoena their video. The video contains evidence of a crime and is perishable. The cops should do this for you. Many of those surveillance systems have a short time limit before they recycle or record over the data.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If it were me, i'd take a copy of the police report to the local judge and ask the court to subpoena their video. The video contains evidence of a crime and is perishable. The cops should do this for you. Many of those surveillance systems have a short time limit before they recycle or record over the data.

^^^^^ This right now, they have already probably, LOST your hour of recordings.

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
I had the exact same thing happen to my 79 at Lowes except it involved a shopping cart, similar to the post above. At first the store person said yeah, no problem, but the manager needed to be involved. The next day they wouldn't give me any info. :-[

I have three major dings in my 79 and all three were various shopping carts over the years. %) Just an FYI to the lazy people out there that won't put carts away in the return area when they're done.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Or..... you could go in, stick a videocamera in their face and say, "I'm here to request for a 2nd time, the security video which may show what damaged my vehicle in your parking lot.
I really (batting eyes nicely) would hope you would reconsider. I would hate for this entire video turning into an ugly viral incident bringing attention to your store and management in the national forum, all over a simple thing like showing me the video. "

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
The customer was just that a Lowe's customer. The are not ratting out someone who spends money in their store without a legal requirement. At least that is my guess, and it stinks! Sorry you have to deal with the damage.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Or..... you could go in, stick a videocamera in their face and say, "I'm here to request for a 2nd time, the security video which may show what damaged my vehicle in your parking lot.
I really (batting eyes nicely) would hope you would reconsider. I would hate for this entire video turning into an ugly viral incident bringing attention to your store and management in the national forum, all over a simple thing like showing me the video. "

That would be hilarious. I'm betting the manager wouldn't even come out.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
This happened to me in a Walmart parking lot. I had parked at the end, away from other cars, but the cart pusher deal ran into my truck. The guy that goes around gathering up all the shopping carts has this pusher truck that pushes all the arts back to the store and he basically couldn't drive....he cut the corner too sharp and the pusher ran all into my truck!!!It made the blood veins pop out in my head!!!!!

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
It is probably a clown that has never had to work for any thing never had any thing to be proud of: a product of our liberal government.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
My son had his tailgate literally destroyed at Lowes, about the same response as yours. Since they refuse to help, go in and tell them you're filing suit because one of their carts hit your vehicle. They can help or suffer the consequinces.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Dude, call your insurance company and then the place that your car was damaged and tell them it was one of their pieces of equipment. They will pay to have that fixed, thats why they clammed up. In my case a cart at a Home depo was pushed across the lot into the side of my car during a windy day. They tried to claim no responsibility and pointed to their silly sign on the wall. I showed them they did not care for their carts, left them all over the lot, and knew it was going to be windy that day. They bought me a new paint job on my new car.

That's like the signs on the back of gravel trucks saying they are not responsible for rocks hitting your windshield.

If they were legally valid you could put a sign on your car saying:

Not responsible for accidents

Then you wouldn't need insurance.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably a jealous Jeep owner. Sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Well the police officer said I have to file a different report since the security footage counts as a witness and it has to go through our state system.

So by the time the paperwork gets to them I'm kind of doubting they will investigate on something as small as this (even though it's earth shattering for me). And even if they do I'm betting the security footage will be gone by then.

I'll try again tomorrow but if they don't have to legally show me the footage they won't do it. No matter how big and scary I look at them. I will be talking to a district manager on how I was treated today. And I'll be shopping at Home Depot from now on :p