• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

This sucks - hit and run - again

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thats my worst nightmare is having someone F up all the hard work once I get mine done...can only imagine how pissed you are!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Thats my worst nightmare is having someone F up all the hard work once I get mine done...can only imagine how pissed you are!

I was so nervous having the 66' at Super Celebration. I know everyone is considerate, but there was so many vehicles pulling in, out, parking, driving one direction and looking at broncos in the other direction lol. Those original chrome 66' bumpers seemed to stick out about an extra 4' that week lol.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I was so nervous having the 66' at Super Celebration. I know everyone is considerate, but there was so many vehicles pulling in, out, parking, driving one direction and looking at broncos in the other direction lol. Those original chrome 66' bumpers seemed to stick out about an extra 4' that week lol.

My first hit and no note left was at a Bronco event. :mad:

And I really don't take it out that often. But at the same time I didn't put all this time and money in it to let it sit either. I want to be out enjoying it and I thought I was being careful. I know there's a risk every time you take it out but hell I haven't had a hit and run with any of my other cars but my Bronco gets two? Within months of each other? Just a string of bad luck I guess.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Do a selfie by the dent scantly clad so we can post it in "ladies modeling broncos :D

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Do a selfie by the dent scantly clad so we can post it in "ladies modeling broncos :D

Sure! Because I am sooooo willing to share my lady bits posing next to my banged up Bronco.

Attachments

• 16422326_10211809641186022_6203862091399218973_o.jpg
    16422326_10211809641186022_6203862091399218973_o.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 122

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I try to avoid large or crowded parking lots. My bigger concern is getting hit while driving so I avoid traffic and multi lane roads as much as possible.

I drove the same route to work for 12 years and never got hit. Then the office moved and I had to drive past a high school. I got hit twice in the first month.......at least I wasn't in my Bronco.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
My first hit and no note left was at a Bronco event. :mad:

And I really don't take it out that often. But at the same time I didn't put all this time and money in it to let it sit either. I want to be out enjoying it and I thought I was being careful. I know there's a risk every time you take it out but hell I haven't had a hit and run with any of my other cars but my Bronco gets two? Within months of each other? Just a string of bad luck I guess.

I can relate, I took a load of flying gravel across my grill, hood and windshield after the group pic at OCBR. Blue half cab from TX gunned it leaving the parking lot and sprayed a couple of us.................. :mad:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I can relate, I took a load of flying gravel across my grill, hood and windshield after the group pic at OCBR. Blue half cab from TX gunned it leaving the parking lot and sprayed a couple of us.................. :mad:

Did you run them down after? :D

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru

I'm so sorry that happened.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
That is a drag. Losers all over the place. But, driving the cool ride and getting a dent, is still better than not driving one!

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
If you park in a public lot it's likely dings and dents will occur sooner or later. If the store has video it's unlikely they'll provide any info because the possibility of incorrectly identifying the hitter opens them to serious liability. Not much attention is given to parking lot dings and dents because there are so many and no one is injured in an unoccupied vehicle. You go to a store and you park at your own risk. If you hit someone's parked vehicle in a lot leave a note identifying you then report it to your insurance company because your liability coverage will pay for their damage.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
inconsiderate bastages:mad: Kerri hope yours wasn't at OCBR too. hope you get the sob.
my wife hit my bumper on my bronco yesterday, with the expedition. not worried about the bronco as it has a steel bumper/tire carrier. haven't looked at the expedition yet, kind of scared to%)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
inconsiderate bastages:mad: Kerri hope yours wasn't at OCBR too. hope you get the sob.
my wife hit my bumper on my bronco yesterday, with the expedition. not worried about the bronco as it has a steel bumper/tire carrier. haven't looked at the expedition yet, kind of scared to%)

Been to TSC lately? :D

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

Her first hit and run was at OCBR last year, just west of the pavilion I think.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
What's new with this? Anything?

I spoke to my insurance person and they told me Lowes doesn't have to release any information about what's on the recordings. And they said when the time comes the stores have usually "reused the tapes" and don't have anything to show the police. That's if the police even investigate, which they probably won't since no one was hurt.

I'm taking it in on Tuesday to the body shop that painted the Bronco a couple years ago and the insurance agent is meeting us there.