• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

This sucks - hit and run - again

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good luck dear, hopefully won't hurt the pocketbook too much :(

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sure! Because I am sooooo willing to share my lady bits posing next to my banged up Bronco.

To quote a country song..... "I'm gonna show 'me what little girls are made of, gunpowder and lead......"

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Took it to my body shop yesterday and it looks like the hood was smashed over to the side as well. Not sure if they'll realign it or what. She's going to go over it today before the insurance guy gets there.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Took it to my body shop yesterday and it looks like the hood was smashed over to the side as well. Not sure if they'll realign it or what. She's going to go over it today before the insurance guy gets there.

Good luck n fingers crossed for ya.;)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

never ending process ain't it... uggh. hang in there

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Got her back and she's as smooth as a Dallas second wife. My body shop had kept my original paint so I didn't even have to worry about the color not matching!

Big smiles

Attachments

• 20170306_170457.jpg
    20170306_170457.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 99

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Glad it's back home. You need a force field around that pretty truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry you and your Bronco had to go thru that, but glad the shop did such a great job. If only these old trucks could talk, the stories they'd tell.... Hope karma catches whoever did it and didn't have the guts to fess up.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Sorry you and your Bronco had to go thru that, but glad the shop did such a great job. If only these old trucks could talk, the stories they'd tell.... Hope karma catches whoever did it and didn't have the guts to fess up.

Me too. I'm honestly surprised how easy it is to hit another car and just drive away. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I did that.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Me too. I'm honestly surprised how easy it is to hit another car and just drive away. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I did that.

I was waiting on my wife one day while she ran inside WMart and as I sat there right in front of me a woman in a big ole suburban whips in and clips the car beside her. Knocks out tail light and creased the rear quarter.

Woman backs out real quick n finds anorher spot to park. We left before owner of the car came out. I thought about snitching if owner had came out before we left.

Maybe wally let them look at cameras ?

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I was waiting on my wife one day while she ran inside WMart and as I sat there right in front of me a woman in a big ole suburban whips in and clips the car beside her. Knocks out tail light and creased the rear quarter.

Woman backs out real quick n finds anorher spot to paek. We left before owner of the car came out. I thought about snitching if owner had came out before we left.

Maybe wally let them look at cameras ?

Based on my recent experience Wally probably did not.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I spoke to my insurance person and they told me Lowes doesn't have to release any information about what's on the recordings. And they said when the time comes the stores have usually "reused the tapes" and don't have anything to show the police. That's if the police even investigate, which they probably won't since no one was hurt.

I'm taking it in on Tuesday to the body shop that painted the Bronco a couple years ago and the insurance agent is meeting us there.

It's also possible their cameras were down and they didn't want to general public to know about it. Some security cameras are so grainy and crappy they aren't worth poo out in the parking area. The good cameras are in the store (zoom in and read your text message) for loss prevention and the entrance/exit usually in case they have to identify or send out a BOLO with the local LEA.

My experience: I had a two year old car and parked at the farthest spot in the lot on a windy day and came out to find a rusted out mini van parked next to it and a huge crease in my door. People see nice or rare and they become little children. A lot of adults turn into little children when no one is looking.

The whole, I'll-show-them-attitude is all too common, especially thanks to social media. People like to throw lit cigarettes in open windows of nice cars as well FYI.

Typically, failure to leave information after hitting another vehicle is a Class A misdemeanor.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Lots of folks, just DO NOT care these days.........