• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire recommendations

EODMike

I'm getting ready to be running again, hopefuly sooner than later. I have 15 inch rims with really old tires (21 years at least because that's how long it was sitting when I got it) that work fine for rolling it around the garage/driveway but won't see the road. My question is: What tires would you all recommend for all terrain, mostly street driving for like 33s? Current tire size is 31/10.5/15 but I want to go up a little. Thanks in advance.

Mike

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I’m a big fan of bfg ko2’s for mostly street all terrain. I’ve run those and Goodyear duratraks and liked both. The bfg are a little quieter and wear longer. The Goodyear’s have a bit more aggressive tread pattern but still ride nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSBX

Contributor
I like the Goodyear Duratrac. They work good offroad an on the street. Fairly quite and I get good tread wear.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Take a look at Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 All Terrain. I am happy with a set on my 2WD street truck. And they are aggressive enough to be an all terrain.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I put Cooper ATPs on mine and they were quiet, good road manners, and good in dirt. They’re even halfway decent in snow! I have them on several vehicles

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I've just put a third vehicle on BFG KO2s.
I've got the Bronco on 33-1050-15s.
I put my 4X4 Tacoma on them, and now my Silverado 4X4.
Even though the Silverado will never see a trail, I feel these tires are a good because of their low noise and good road manners.

Also, with KO2s, you can get replacements just about anywhere. Even Costco and Walmart carry them. I felt that was a good point since off-road tires can see a lot of damage.

OP
OP
EODMike

EODMike

I’m a big fan of bfg ko2’s for mostly street all terrain. I’ve run those and Goodyear duratraks and liked both. The bfg are a little quieter and wear longer. The Goodyear’s have a bit more aggressive tread pattern but still ride nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I am thinking of going with the BFGs. I like the look and they should fit no problem on my rig.

OP
OP
EODMike

EODMike

I've just put a third vehicle on BFG KO2s.
I've got the Bronco on 33-1050-15s.
I put my 4X4 Tacoma on them, and now my Silverado 4X4.
Even though the Silverado will never see a trail, I feel these tires are a good because of their low noise and good road manners.

Also, with KO2s, you can get replacements just about anywhere. Even Costco and Walmart carry them. I felt that was a good point since off-road tires can see a lot of damage.

Thank you, I am looking for 33-1050-15. So that will work.