• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ultimate Raffle Bronco!!

scbronco

Loc.
Sumter, SC
there is way more than 200 bucks of steel there... more like 450 to 500 for my area, maybe a lil cheaper in bulk, but not much... the plate portions are where alot of that gets spent, and their craftsmanship is remarkable. if they were mass produced they would be in the 3k range, so being that they are handbuilt to order, i can see that price being fair from the builders perspective. maybe a little high, and i certainly wouldnt pay it, but that is completely due to just not needing it... just my .02

OP
OP
J

jwtrapper

Loc.
Van Lear, Kentucky
Nemesis does some outstanding work. When I first started gathering parts for the build Nemesis contacted me about doing the cage. I had to tell them no because someone else was lined up to do it. I had 5 different places that wanted to do the cage. When I met Rob and Paul out at Easter Jeep this spring I got to see their work first hand, I was very impressed. I knew after that we wanted them to build the cage for The Bronco. I am very happy that they agreed after first telling them no. It is truly an awesome cage.

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You have to figure at least $50 an hour labor, and if it takes 3-4 weeks to build it custom to your rig...I can understand that price. I just had my '69 halfcab chopped 3", so I know how fast labor can add up! %)

Let me know when I can buy a few tickets for this MONSTER!

joe

Bronco Guru
Nemesis does some outstanding work. When I first started gathering parts for the build Nemesis contacted me about doing the cage. I had to tell them no because someone else was lined up to do it. I had 5 different places that wanted to do the cage. When I met Rob and Paul out at Easter Jeep this spring I got to see their work first hand, I was very impressed. I knew after that we wanted them to build the cage for The Bronco. I am very happy that they agreed after first telling them no. It is truly an awesome cage.

they do very nice work, indeed!

joe

Bronco Guru
You have to figure at least $50 an hour labor, and if it takes 3-4 weeks to build it custom to your rig...I can understand that price. I just had my '69 halfcab chopped 3", so I know how fast labor can add up! %)

Let me know when I can buy a few tickets for this MONSTER!

I don't know, maybe it's just me but that seems like allot of time. Ask DRBRONCO about how long it took them boy's in Wisconsin to 4link his rig and cage it, completely done in a weekend. well almost ;D

Hats off to them though...it is AWESOME!

either way I'm sure I'll be purchasing several hundred tickets next year. ;)

ren71

Bit my tongue long enough, why is everyone praising that POS cage? Just by looking at it, you can tell it's an inherently inferior designed cage than most of the well designed family style cages out there. All show IMO and would hate to see such a capable bronco possibly roll down a mountain at the hands of an inexperienced raffle winner who put his faith in that foldable mess. Emperor's new clothes or something
0902100852a.jpg

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Allright guys, I posted the information about the cage to help out those that might be interested in getting one done because it is a very nicely built and designed cage. The guys at nemisis volunteered their time and materials to contribute to a good cause and deserve the opportunity to gain a bit of business from it which again is why I posted it. Please do not muddy this awesome thread up with so much negativity. These guys are working their butts off volunteering their time all for the cause of raising money to put back into the land. Lets show some respect.

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Bit my tongue long enough, why is everyone praising that POS cage? Just by looking at it, you can tell it's an inherently inferior designed cage than most of the well designed family style cages out there. All show IMO and would hate to see such a capable bronco possibly roll down a mountain at the hands of an inexperienced raffle winner who put his faith in that foldable mess. Emperor's new clothes or something
0902100852a.jpg

Coming from a 5 post newbie, it wouldn't have offended me for you to bite your tongue longer.

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
0902100852a.jpg

First, the cage is a custom design to enhance to appearance of the Bronco and draw attention to the design and builder. The company makes it money by showing new and innovative designs. YOU may not like the cage, but the cage was built to draw attention to the Bronco and help sell tickets. The company has been around a long time and have built numerous cages, so I am fairly confident that the cage can withstand a rollover.
Secondly, since you disapprove of the cage design, I am assuming you will not be buying ANY raffle tickets. I personally would not build a Bronco like this, but will that stop me from buying tickets and SUPPORTING our state association and our continuing efforts to keep trails open???? NO, I will be buying alot of tickets......My $.02

ren71

Coming from a 5 post newbie, it wouldn't have offended me for you to bite your tongue longer.

Since when did post counts have anything to do with safety or common sense. Damn right I'll speak my mind when I see something as flawed as this being praised and encouraged. By all means, continue with your circle jerk to get your post count up bud.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I would have to agree on the strength of the cage from this view... but I only see a side wiew so there could be a lot not seen that would answer the doubts... while different in appearence and that cool look of being in motion with the sweeps, I would have to question the integrity in a roll situation for the rear passenger BUT I dont think it is designed as a family cage and considering it is way befier than the old style roll bars like what my EB has, I think it is 100X better than what I have... just my $.02

That being said, just like many women... I wouldn't kick it out of bed for leaving crums so where can we get the tickets at?

Stoneman

Loc.
Silver Spring, MD
I think the cage looks awesome....hard to deny that. If it were my build (and I planned to wheel the rig), I would probably request some kickers to support those swept pipes. It would ruin the look, but would put the question of it folding up on somebody to rest. If it was going on the street and light trail riding, I'm not touching it. It's one of a kind and looks cool as hell.

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
I just don't see how this cage is any weaker than any other cage out there. Unless you tie the cage to the frame, they are all only as strong as the body metal they are mounted to. I don't see how this is any different. Spend the extra time and money and attach it to the frame and then you have a strong cage.

This cage had to requirements, 1. fit under the soft top that has been chosen for it and 2. there is no back seat planned so make it look good and useable.

But hey, maybe Ren71 can design a better one. Good thing he is here for us going forward.

Looks to me like they met those requirements.

Stoneman, you have a good point on the kickers, that would probably help a bit.

JWTrapper, you guys are building a awesome rig, I can't wait for tickets to go on sale so I can contribute to the cause. Also, sorry your thread got hijacked.

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can't tell in the pictures how thick the metal is for the gussets that have the Nemesis name cut in them, but would think if they are heavy enough material they would help support those bent tubes.

Either way, it looks great and is probably at least as strong as the Smitty Built bars used in many of our EB's. Could it be made stronger? Maybe, but then I am not an engineer with the spec's in front of me so why should I (or anyone else) be guessing how strong it is.

Keep up the great work guys and thanks for supporting our cause.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Nothing wrong with that cage in my opinion. I'll buy a ticket. Better than the smitty single bar with two back drops I currently have on my truck.

OP
OP
J

jwtrapper

Loc.
Van Lear, Kentucky
Just found out today that the drivers side header is right where the driveshaft needs to go. So we are on the lookout for a shorter style header or some stock manifolds. What do you guys have in mind? I am willing to trade out the set that came with it, I'm sure that they are James Duff headers.

OP
OP
J

jwtrapper

Loc.
Van Lear, Kentucky
T&T Customs will be bringing The Bronco down to Denver on Saturday. It is going to be out at the Jefferson County Fair Grounds for the Toy's For Tots event. Not a lot of the parts are on it yet since it is still being built but you will be able to check out the cage the suspension work and drive train. We won't be selling tickets for it just yet but you will get to check it out.

The Suspension is done and after this weekend it will be going to Addicted Off Road for some rock sliders.