• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

jaredsport'73

Since im a newby to the forum let me catch up. All started Aug '09- chevy disk conv.,asto hyd boost,arb locker in the front, chevy 1ton tre (waiting for lift to install tie rod over), fab simple bumper front & rear, aux air comp and tank in rear w/ hose reel, fab floor pans driver and passanger, fix rust in rear floor, hurculine interior tube, duff floor shifter's, fab 3-speed shifter cover, rebuild rear drums, paint dash panel, 3G alt, saginaw p/s pump w/ cooler, nodular chunk with nodular daytona pinion suport surrounding nascar "H" case detroit locker and 4.11 yukon gears, and finally ordered 31 spline axles so i can put that chunk to work. Thanks for letting me vent about my progress.

ghettoct

Loc.
williamsburg
we brought out bronco home

thought not technialcally "what have we done with our bronco today so to speak...we finally got a 71 bronco and cant wait to start the rebuild. i happened upon a deal where i did some minor body work and paint for a buds 66 mustang and got in trade a 71 bronco with 302, 3 speed and factory PTO winch.

but tomorrow i can assure...we will do something to our bronco. looking forward to searching the forum here for information.

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
thought not technialcally "what have we done with our bronco today so to speak...we finally got a 71 bronco and cant wait to start the rebuild. i happened upon a deal where i did some minor body work and paint for a buds 66 mustang and got in trade a 71 bronco with 302, 3 speed and factory PTO winch.

but tomorrow i can assure...we will do something to our bronco. looking forward to searching the forum here for information.

Welcome, great site, TONS of info. What part of CT are you in?

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I actually got to work on my EB project today. All though it's not much it was nice just getting out there and tearing into in it. I removed the fenders, cut the front clip off and removed the PS box which I have to ship because I sold it to another member on here.

In one of the pictures the little man decide to help for a while with the pry bar. All he wanted to do was smash stuff with the pry bar. He got bored real quick and went back inside. He did ask if we could paint. I tried to explain that painting is a long ways off right now.

The next plan is to install the explorer motor wit the ZF and 205 case so I can build a cross member for the trans and case. Then I will work on the hydro boost and 4x4x2 box install with the 78 tilt column. As money permits I hope to start buying sheet metal soon but with being in school full time now my funds will be even more limited and still racing BMX doesn't help the funds out either.

Maybe tomorrow I can find the time to install the motor and trans.

Attachments

• eb no clip.jpg
    eb no clip.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 22
  • eb helper.jpg
    eb helper.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 21

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
love the pics of the little guy.....it's his Bronco afterall...............

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
My bot has on his little welding gloves. he has a little welding helmet and a little had held torch looking welder thing that makes all kinds of noise when you pull the trigger. I think I have pics some where of him welding on the bronco when I was home one day.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I actually got to work on my EB project today. All though it's not much it was nice just getting out there and tearing into in it. I removed the fenders, cut the front clip off and removed the PS box which I have to ship because I sold it to another member on here.

In one of the pictures the little man decide to help for a while with the pry bar. All he wanted to do was smash stuff with the pry bar. He got bored real quick and went back inside. He did ask if we could paint. I tried to explain that painting is a long ways off right now.

The next plan is to install the explorer motor wit the ZF and 205 case so I can build a cross member for the trans and case. Then I will work on the hydro boost and 4x4x2 box install with the 78 tilt column. As money permits I hope to start buying sheet metal soon but with being in school full time now my funds will be even more limited and still racing BMX doesn't help the funds out either.

Maybe tomorrow I can find the time to install the motor and trans.

Good progress but why do you still have the hood on?

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I was to lazy to close the garage door so the hood could be opened up more to get to the hood bolts.

Maybe I will pull the hood tomorrow if I have time. It has to come off before I drop the engine in it. I have a full day tomorrow with some other duties like home work and I have to meet the new BMX team sponsor at the track to do some data collecting with the Ripxx trainig device. Also have to collect data on the road bike as well so they can test the new software.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Went through the cooling system, flushed it out, installed a complete fan shroud, cleaned up underneath a little bit, need to get some more fluids to top everything off before the Rubicon!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Went through the cooling system, flushed it out, installed a complete fan shroud, cleaned up underneath a little bit, need to get some more fluids to top everything off before the Rubicon!

AND get a new hat out to Tasker!

Broncodude646

Loc.
West Yellowstone. Mt
rear brakes and e-brake cables....removed the old stock j-shifter and am fabing a twin stick..the ole' girl got spoiled this year with all the upgrades...new tires wipers and int. switch...washers ...power brakes...130 amp alt.....body mounts ...headlights ...stereo ...front seats ....exhaust... bout friggin' time to drive this ole' girl a bunch.!!!!