• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
today, sanding sanding and more sanding. put some primer on some bare metal, and looking for a color i'll be happy with.

also re-painted my BC rocker guards and back bumper with the remainder of my POR15. oh, and cut off my stock radio antenna....

Last edited:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
ripped out old brake lines, started cleaning up PO wiring and cried........drank some beer in it too!

Revelation

Bronco Guru
got the bronco under her own power, drove it out of the rear garage, across the yard and into the drive way to wash the 9 months of restoration dust off her. was nice to finally drive! just got to mount the wipers, mirrors, rear bumper, shocks and exhaust. then she is complete! almost there =)

Well you have had six hours, is it done?;D

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
Changed the fluids, spark plugs, master cylinder, battery, bled the brakes and fired her up! Man, that sounded good after a 3 year slumber. New tires are on the way. The front disk brakes look a little rough, though. Kinda rusty. May need a new brake cylinder in the rear, too.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Took delivery!! And started ordering a butt load of more parts! ;D

Ratch

Contributor
got the bronco under her own power, drove it out of the rear garage, across the yard and into the drive way to wash the 9 months of restoration dust off her. was nice to finally drive! just got to mount the wipers, mirrors, rear bumper, shocks and exhaust. then she is complete! almost there =)

Is that a limelight 'Cuda I spy in the garage?

And it may be almost complete, but they are never done. Looks great though!

Ratch

Contributor
Scored a complete 97 mountaineer AWD on craigslist today. Was wrecked in the front, fire dept. had cut the ground cable because the horn was blowing. Got it home and clamped the cable to the battery post and fired right up! Got the donor for my engine and trans now.

fetorino

Loc.
Orange, CA
Some minor stuff

Put in a rebuilt and recurved duraspark dist along with new Ford Motorsports plug wires and Ford Motorsports big cap and rotor kit.

Also put a MSD 6AL box in and mad a new wiring harness from the firewall to the Box and temp and oil senders. Man the old one was crunchy. While I was at it I threw on a set of Al finned "powered by Ford" natural finish valve covers. Not a bad days work for minor tinkering. Had her back on the road the same day I tore into her so that's always a good thing.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yesterday: Started mocking up the front dress. I have bolts from 2 explorer setups and I'm certain I'm still missing a couple.

ghettoct

Loc.
williamsburg
Is that a limelight 'Cuda I spy in the garage?

And it may be almost complete, but they are never done. Looks great though!

its a 73 mach1 mustang i restored 2 years ago, got drafted to the bronco side by the wife...and your right about never being done..lol

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Both the Alt. and P/S belts took a crap on me today, drove 2 miles with no belts, temp hit 160 as I pulled into the parts store, new belts and on the road again.

Ratch

Contributor
its a 73 mach1 mustang i restored 2 years ago, got drafted to the bronco side by the wife...and your right about never being done..lol

Ok, tail lights looked close but the quarter had me confused. My buddy has a 'cuda and a 68 mustang. Your tail lights looked more like his 'cuda.

Line the horses up and take a pic!