• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Hinmaton

I’ve stripped the front axle out and removed all the brackets, getting ready to put the 3 link in. I’m toying with pushing my steering box forward a few two inches. Looks like I just need to clearance the body mount and trim some of the back of the inner grille. Locate and make the new holes. Any advice or words of wisdom on this process?
06ac597dacfaf1dcb73b207bc74a5694.jpg

addb571db5576fb218fb99dfaf38e988.jpg

Hinmaton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weevil

Rebuilding my D20 and hopefully getting the engine and trans cleaned up to install in my frame. I'd also like to get my shocks installed if my spacers show up today. And I still need to order my new gears and flares. And maybe my new tires... (This frame off thing is getting waaaay to expensive:-X )
Are you adding the J&B shift rails to the Dana 20
I did and really have enjoyed the ability to put just the front diff in for a dig to turn
( note to self ) easy on the front only in reverse

canzelc

Contributor
Got the explorer serp swap mostly finished up last night and going to get it out on the road today because as Captain Ron said, "if anything is going to happen, it's going to happen out there."

Attachments

• 20220114_172701.jpg
    20220114_172701.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 43

BroncoJimbo

Contributor
Long-term owner
Loc.
North GA
Solved the problem with the stereo not working but then decided to tackle the tachometer not lighting up. I have power to the lead for lighting, power at the base where the bulb goes but still no light. Grrr....

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Type in "Wild Horses 4x4" on Google search.

All you guys with PURDY Broncos get this stuff happening all the time but I had a friend send this too me this am.

My Bronco is pictured on Google. :)

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Hinmaton- slide that box as far as you can forward. Notch the bottom out of the grill out so you can gain as much clearance as possible. Body mounts are easy to mod so you can get the box fwd. If you are going FW on that axle you can move it forward a long ways before hitting any headlights or sheetmetal. Other issues but if you're 3 linking it you'll figure those out no problem. Looking good

Last edited:

SVTY SVN

Contributor
Loc.
LA/TX
Removed front springs/coils, cleaned up front end in preparation for undercoating, and front end WH 2.5” lift.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Kbpony sent me a photo of his mirrors. They look pretty cool but vibrate a little at high speeds.
But there maybe an explanation. It looks like he has eliminated the wing vent windows. If I recall correctly the piece that there are mounted to are not considered “structural”

hossbronco

Contributor
But there maybe an explanation. It looks like he has eliminated the wing vent windows. If I recall correctly the piece that there are mounted to are not considered “structural”
He cut off a lower bracket. If you install the lower bracket I’m sure it will be more stable.

Some people have used that same wing vent window eliminating kit to install Jeep mirrors, so there’s a decent chance it’s strong enough for mirror mounting. I can’t tell for sure.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Just put shock hoops on the rear of mine. Am going to re-cover the wife's seats this weekend and hopefully hook up the heated seats ;D
Would love to see more of the flex and shock mounts Tito

jmhend

Bronco Guru
He cut off a lower bracket. If you install the lower bracket I’m sure it will be more stable.

Some people have used that same wing vent window eliminating kit to install Jeep mirrors, so there’s a decent chance it’s strong enough for mirror mounting. I can’t tell for sure.
Good point.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Made some stainless steel brackets to mount my body lift space filling light bar attached using the bumper bolts. IMG_5194.jpg IMG_5195.jpg

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very nice. Super slim setup.
Is it filling the gap like you hoped? Looks good from here, but can't see all the way out to the ends.

paul

jray

Wiped off the rear differential when I noticed the new pinion seal I installed a month ago is leaking again, grrrr!

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very nice. Super slim setup.
Is it filling the gap like you hoped? Looks good from here, but can't see all the way out to the ends.

paul
Thanks Paul. It doesn't quite fill it up as much as I'd like being only a 30" bar. I could have gone 50" and filled up more of the sides, but I wanted to attach using the bumper bolts so the 50" would have been a stretch to mount without a lot of potential vibration in the light. There's still some gaps on both sides. IMG_5199.jpg