• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Mrs Biff

Loc.
PA
Finished up the dual marine wiper motor swap. Cherokee arms shortened. Switch that syncs and fresh wires through the windshield frame. Loads of fun under the dash and feeding wires.

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Fixed carb gasket/adapter leak
Ordered my third set of mufflers. Gotta get the sound just right.

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
WHAT have you tried and going with now?
New 351w mild build with Duffs Long Tube headers:
Badly hacked up 2.5" from the 302 that hung down too far for me with what I think were old Flowmaster 50s from about 15 years ago - Sounded awesome but wanted a little quieter.
Bought a used 2.25" Duffs Customizable System off a great member here that came with Flowmaster 40s. I knew this was going to be too loud, but it did sound mean.
I just tried the Cherry Bomb Turbos and they sound good at idle and cruising but finding I like the sound of chambered mufflers better.
Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow Series should arrive on Monday. Im hoping the smaller 2.25" pipe and the "Delta" version of the 50s will put where I want to be.

Anyone need a set of Cherry Bombs with only a few miles?

Last edited:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I hear that...had some Summit flow master knock offs with duals on my 73 and ended up switching to a Magnaflow with duff's single exit.....Can't wait to hear it when it finally starts!

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
New 351w mild build with Duffs Long Tube headers:
Badly hacked up 2.5" from the 302 that hung down too far for me with what I think were old Flowmaster 50s from about 15 years ago - Sounded awesome but wanted a little quieter.
Bought a used 2.25" Duffs Customizable System off a great member here that came with Flowmaster 40s. I knew this was going to be too loud, but it did sound mean.
I just tried the Cherry Bomb Turbos and they sound good at idle and cruising but finding I like the sound of chambered mufflers better.
Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow Series should arrive on Monday. Im hoping the smaller 2.25" pipe and the "Delta" version of the 50s will put where I want to be.

Anyone need a set of Cherry Bombs with only a few miles?
I had good luck with the Flowmaster 70 series 2.25" dual inlet and 3" single outlet. They list the 70s as "Mild tone" I am not sure the difference between the 50 and 70 soundwise, but I sure wouldn't want it any louder, but I run no top and no doors and have a driver side exit.

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had good luck with the Flowmaster 70 series 2.25" dual inlet and 3" single outlet. They list the 70s as "Mild tone" I am not sure the difference between the 50 and 70 soundwise, but I sure wouldn't want it any louder, but I run no top and no doors and have a driver side exit.

yup the 70 series is quieter with the 50 series listed as "moderate" tone. I have no top as well. Fingers crossed. One muffler just arrived, looks like the other on Monday. (n)

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Was able to dissect the fender air box without removing the fender. What a stemmed and sawzall can do when performing surgery. Hoping this will help in reducing under hood temps a little. Just need to close up the hole in the fender now.

Also replaced the tranny fluid.

Attachments

• IMG_3831.jpeg
    IMG_3831.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3829.jpeg
    IMG_3829.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3827.jpeg
    IMG_3827.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 63

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
I put one of these on my old OEM steering wheel back in 2018, and I liked it so much, that since I put a new OEM wheel on recently, I decided to put the same brand leather steering wheel cover back on. I have had great experience with this. Protects the wheel and is less slippy and hot in the SC sun with no top. They sell them in a bunch of colors. It was hard to a find a decent steering wheel cover that fits the large circumference, but skinny diameter of the OEM wheel. Its real leather and comes with the needle and correct thread. I am sure its chinese made like everything else on Amazon, but this company is still around in 2023 from when I bought the 1st one in 2018, so that counts for something I guess.
NOTE: If you decide to get one for an OEM wheel. The size is "L -" (as in L minus) that wraps around with zero overlap on our skinny wheels.
Its only about $20 (+the 6 pack of beer you will drink while sewing it on :ROFLMAO:, because you will ) Its not really hard at all to get good results. Anyway its Aully Park size L- in whatever color.

20230922_171618.jpg 20230922_162725.jpg Screenshot_20230922_173207_Amazon Shopping.jpg

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Fought with this all weekend long. What a pain. And unfortunately it’s still sitting on the seat. Not gonna happen with the dash in and a radio.

6440b5d20966e2c4334ce11d484b494e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
Fought with this all weekend long. What a pain. And unfortunately it’s still sitting on the seat. Not gonna happen with the dash in and a radio.

6440b5d20966e2c4334ce11d484b494e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't even know how it would be possible with the dash and radio in :confused: