• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what to do with my Tbird EFI

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
Can't decide what to do with my 93 thunderbird EFI
I am still having problems with it and can't decide if I should bag it and go with a mustang harness from summit and get the mustang parts I need.

Or get a computer tuner to fiddle with the computer setting and such.

Or just keep beating the dead horse and hope I can figure out the problem.

The first two cost about the same but I'm flat broke and trying to get a new truck....

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
Hard to beat a good OEM setup. Love my tbird 5.0L. There isn't really much tuning support for tbird ecm's.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
Everything is 93 Tbird even the ECM
I did put a 95 mustang ECM in it to see if it would run better, runs a little better but it seems to run about the same.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
So should I use the mustang ECM or the Tbird?

There a little different according to the chart but the main problem I have remains.

Edit,
I'm stupid, I was looking at the 93 mustang spec's

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
So should I use the mustang ECM or the Tbird?

There a little different according to the chart but the main problem I have remains.

Edit,
I'm stupid, I was looking at the 93 mustang spec's

The big compatibility difference between the '94-'95 mustang and the '93 t-bird ECM is going to the MAF and possibly injector size. Nothing else is significant.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
Ill throw the Tbird ECM in then.

Still back to square one.

Just don't know what it could be...maybe the O2 sensors or exhaust leaking past the donuts? There tweaked a little bit and think air is leaking past the donuts..

I just don't know what else it could be...