• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's With the Attitude?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I am usually a lurker here. It is a very small bronco world though, I happen to know both of those guys from other forums. It would be abnormal for Ranger to step on anyone's toes. He is a lot friendlier than most in keeping with this thread. He is the type who would not say search noob.

Here's to the hope for a friendlier bronco forum :beer

offtopic...

btw I should be a little more active. A gentleman has been convinced that I wouldn't be such a bad owner at all and I have sourced a running, driving, 76 EB that is not falling apart for $500 ;D

I suggest starting a Newbie thread with pics! Sounds like an awesome deal for $500. We promise NOT to tell you to Search! ;D

Seems there is always 2 sides to each story and I imagine the truth is somewhere inbetween. Kinda like Clemens and McNamee . . .

here here
beerchug.gif

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
OK, the sideshow between Ranger429 and br0nc0xrapt0r has been beat to death, with neither following the rules here about personal attacks. So either drop it completely (preferred) or take it offline.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Now, back to the topic at hand... As others have said I think this site is pretty good about the cold shoulder "do a search" type of responses. Sure it happens, but it seems to be fairly isolated. Maybe I've just not noticed an uptick lately.

I agree that if all you're going to say is "do a search" then you should just move on to other threads and let other members (who may be in more of a helpful mood) respond. Yes, lots of the same questions get brought up again and again. It's a public forum. It's just the nature of the beast. If they bother you then just skip them over.

What I do see happen sometimes (and I think it's a fine response) is someone will reply with a brief answer and then a link or two to past discussions which answer the question in more detail. I don't see that as being rude. I think it's helping the guy out, both by answering the question and letting them know where more info is. It also reminds them about the search feature and maybe gives them some ideas on the search terms you used successfully to find the topic. I think many people try to use the search and either aren't familiar with it or just use search terms that don't find their answer.

Maybe I'll post something in the Test & Help forum with some tips on using the search tool. It's definitely not perfect, but there are some tips to get the most out of it. Not having an "exact phrase" search is a problem, I agree. I've heard in the next software release it might be added, which would be nice.

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
O-kay let me begin by saying I'm sorry ?:? .. I'm new to the EB world as well as this site.. I do try to do a search, before I start my two finger typing.. I know I asked repeated questions about A/R drop downs last week, but at this stage in my build I wanted to make sure I brought what I should and know when we're installing the part/s they will work..
I will say this , I'm also a member of the Jeep - Zuki sites ,I found this site to be top notch everytime I asked for help.. So pat your backs and thanks for helping this newbie out..;D

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Thanks dude, I try to have fun on here. Besides all I have is a 2 and 3 year old to talk to all day long so its nice to talk to folks with a sickness similar to mine ;D . Plus I am a post whore so ya know ;D ;D

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Thanks dude, I try to have fun on here. Besides all I have is a 2 and 3 year old to talk to all day long so its nice to talk to folks with a sickness similar to mine ;D . Plus I am a post whore so ya know ;D ;D

lol post whore I know nothing about that! so if you are as nice as I think you are, when are you gonna sell me those soft upper door frames?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Haha, I need to copy them and then I'll sell them to a roadster fan most likely. I'll let you know though.

broncomania

Loc.
nc
ranger , audra, and wood i didnt know ya'll joined up here. welcome to classic. 3 great friends of mine over on fsb. ok, back to topic. sorry.

cobralee

Loc.
Northwestern OK
Okay, color me guilty for yet another uncut, biggest tires thread. I apologize. This would probably make a great topic in the FAQ. I have found this site and all the people to be VERY HELPFUL and I was and still am very appreciative of all the help in this thread:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97106

Due to their help I now have a very sharp reliable 71 to drive while I start putting back parts for the resurrection of my 68 instead of two that need a ton of work. Seriously though, there is no reason to be rude if somebody starts a subject up for the umteenth time. If you don't like the subject move on to some other area where your knowledge can be helpful.

Last edited:

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Gotta love it when your thread where you are just randomly talking and clearing your head gets up to 55 posts in it from people trying to talk some sense into you ;D ;D

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hahaha, only if I am wearing the Hannah Montana wig and rolling in the Pink EB ;D , hey can you help me find a rubi nv241?

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
this one is in AZ for 1100 Sheeeesh!!!!!-RUBICON UNLIMITED 241J/4-1RATIO AT 4.0-2K there is one in Turner ORe for a manual t for 650

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
And this thread jacking has been brought to you by the 2008 Jeep Rubicon, Its a Jeep thing ;D ;D ;D

Back to our regularly scheduled group hug ;D ;D

Audra

ranger , audra, and wood i didnt know ya'll joined up here. welcome to classic. 3 great friends of mine over on fsb. ok, back to topic. sorry.

I was here before you were! :p :cool:

I'm everywhere bronco ;)

I actually used to have posts so not really sure what happened there. (or maybe certain forums don't count!) I joined a few years ago and answered some centurion bronco questions. Then like a year later I pm'd someone and thought I answered the thread about some bronco driver mags for sale. They were all bent out of shape because they didn't think the mag catered to just their type of rig anymore :p