• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buck Tag on my 66?

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
I was staring at the roadster tonight in the shop and happened to look down and saw what looks like it might be the buck tag. I had looked and hoped for it wired to the firewall, but this was bolted to the fender. Looks like it has the Ford oval logo on it at the end.....

Thoughts? Whatever it is, it has been there a while and has multiple coats of paint on it.

This was a June build FYI.

Attachments

• IMG_5596.jpg
    IMG_5596.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_5597.jpg
    IMG_5597.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_5598.jpg
    IMG_5598.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 112

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Not a buck tag. Engine tag? Carb tags are not rectangular. Can you make out all of the digits?

House

Minutia Militia
Yes, looks like an engine tag to me, usually found on the coil bolt.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree, my first thought was it looks like an engine tag usually found under coil bracket bolt. Odd that it's bolted to the fender, but a previous owner (or mechanic) may have stuck it there, hard to say.

Gently clean it off and see if it doesn't look something like this example picture -

yGX4xjP.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Ok fellas, here's the Tag with all the paint off. Looks like it is a match, since my 66 is a June build with a 289.

Pretty cool that it survived!

Attachments

• IMG_5605.jpg
    IMG_5605.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 36