• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 Bronco Build

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I love them too. I can't wait for the body shop to be done so I can mount them and see what the final product is going to look like.

Part of the build process is patience though..... Right?

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Most of the Body Has been painted, Doors have been Hung and Tailgate Installed. Adjustment needed still. Actually looks like a Bronco again.

Body Color is Ford Estate Green (ST code).

The Grill is complete and assembled, the Fenders and Flares are already painted too with the Glass Hood soon to follow. It will then have the final rub and buff.

Lots of assembly to do still. All stainless hardware with grade-8 for the cage.

Hopefully, it will be done at the body shop in a couple weeks and back home in my shop for final assembly.... Hopefully.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Paint Mock Up.jpg
    77 Bronco - Paint Mock Up.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 77 Bronco - Paint Mock Up 2.jpg
    77 Bronco - Paint Mock Up 2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 77 Bronco - Paint Mock up 3.jpg
    77 Bronco - Paint Mock up 3.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 77 Bronco - Paint Mock Up 4.jpg
    77 Bronco - Paint Mock Up 4.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I installed the Tires and Wheels today. Here a peek.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco Body Mock Up Wheels.jpg
    77 Bronco Body Mock Up Wheels.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 181

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can you put a tape to those tires to see what they actually measure out at? Didn't see if you mentioned it already, but if not, it'd be good info for the database.
Too many times we find the size claims are a bit off, so it'd be nice to get a little confirmation.

Especially with them mounted on the wheels and some weight on them.

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
285x75x17s - Nitto Trail Grappler MTs

Method Racing Wheels - 17x8.5" with 4.75 BS - 1/4" spacer in front and 1 1/4" on the rear. (even width track)

The tires mounted on the Bronco are 33 1/4" tall. Just shy of 33 1/2" which some "35s" actually are. I agree with you and have no idea how some tire companies measure their tires.

As you can see the fenders are cut, but not extreme at all for basic flares. I have a WH 2 1/2" SL lift with 1" BL. After installing the flares I will see if I still want the 1" Body Lift. (drive train is installed)

I will install Off Road style Bumpers front and rear with Winch and Tire Carrier. But I will also have the much lighter Soft Top. The Roll Bar does add some weight too, but over all the suspension may settle about an inch of so.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool. Thanks for the excellent info!
I had a set of General Grabber Mud's that were, like you said, that same size. They were 35x12.50x15's and came up to right below 33.5" (though I think that was on the vehicle rolling-diameter). My set of BFG muds of the same rating were exactly 34" tall on the same vehicle.

Not sure if it's important enough to archive, but I think it would be good info for those looking for their next tire if we had a thread with tire model and size, and their exact mounted sizes.
At least I think it's good to know that kind of stuff.

Was the rear spacer simply for track reasons? Or were there any clearance issues with a shock mount or brake caliper hose or the like?

Thanks again.

Paul

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I put the spacers on from the start, so I am not sure if there would be any additional clearance issues without them with the 4.75 back spacing.

Just for track reasons only. I do this with all Broncos with Cut Rear fenders. Looks better too, I think.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Purchased the remaining Weather Stripping yesterday including the door seals from Metro. Metro is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. Previously with Metro the fit has been much better and you don't have to SLAM the doors to get them shut as with other products.

Rest of body should be complete next week, then back to my shop for final assembly. Still A LOT to do.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Now it is starting to look good. Got the Fender flares installed yesterday.

Finishing the doors with weather stripping (From Metro) and other details today are next.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Rear Fender Flare.jpg
    77 Bronco - Rear Fender Flare.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 128
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Not sure of Brand of flares. They were on the truck when i got it. Standard Fiberglass flares to me.

Just cleaned up, prepped and painted. Added the Black Rivets which I like a lot better.

Here is another picture of progress today.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - left Side.jpg
    77 Bronco - left Side.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 169
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Got all the front end pieces on this morning. Still some minor adjustments to be done, but overall pretty good.

I am very happy with the color choice and the Black wheels and Soft top will set it off nice.

Gonna have either Hanson or Protofab Front and Rear Bumpers with Winch and Tire Carrier painted body color.

Here are some pics from this morning.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Passenger Body.jpg
    77 Bronco - Passenger Body.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 77 Bronco - Front Body.jpg
    77 Bronco - Front Body.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 77 Bronco - Driver's Body.jpg
    77 Bronco - Driver's Body.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 135
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Fireheadedone - Thanks, I have been anticipating doing another Bronco in the Ford Estate Green for a long time now. She is still quite dusty from being in the Body Shop with other projects going on, but when rolled out into the Sunshine it looks great!

Windshield should be in, Weatherstip and Soft Top Installed and other Body Adjustments completed tomorrow.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Got her out and gave the Bronco a bath this morning.

Here are some pictures of progress.

Black Soft Top was installed just after pictures were taken.

Should have windshield and Door weatherstripping in later today or tomorrow.

Than back from Body Shop to start assembling and finish.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - 77 Bronco Driver Front.jpg
    77 Bronco - 77 Bronco Driver Front.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 77 Bronco - Washed Driver Rear.jpg
    77 Bronco - Washed Driver Rear.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 77 Bronco - Washed Driver Side.jpg
    77 Bronco - Washed Driver Side.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 232
  • 77 Bronco - Washed Rear.jpg
    77 Bronco - Washed Rear.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 207

Bferrari

Could you post a couple pics of how your cage ties in at the front, thanks!

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I do not have any pictures of the tube and windshield frame connection.

Front section of cage, although it is very strong DOM tubing, was just for a windshield support with the Soft Top.

The front of the Tube "crimps" down and is welded to a plate. That plate is bolted to the windshield frame using the existing holes.

Hope that helps.

pbets756

Rguest3 great thread. I love the color. Is the Ford estate green a standard color for the 77 bronco? Is there metallic in it? Also do you have the paint code for it. I am soon painting my 76 and really love that color. thanks Paul

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
pbets756 - Ford Estate Green can be found on the Ford Explorer and F-series from 2000 to maybe 2008. (ST) is the paint code. The body shop came up with a few shades of the ST when the code was put in. We went with one of the Darker Shades.

Has metallic in it and looks great in the natural sunshine.

Thanks