• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

a newb in the bronco world

jimmyhat

A couple answers to a newb in the bronco world?

One im getting a pretty much rolling chassi and body tub and all parts
Will be sandblasting painting welding new panels in over the next few months etc... Hopefully i can have this project done really soon.

Anyways i have a 91 5.0L Engine wiring harness all ready sitting and im wanting to use it.

Wondering if the earlier 302 oil pans will work on my engine?

Also going through the galleries been seeing other types of seats in ealrier broncos kinda want to use something else that will look slick and comfortable.. What are some of you using for seats?

And the last one is im not sure of the lift i want in my bronco but looking into the 4.5 or 5 inch lift will be running 36 inch mtr tires. debating on pieceing the kit together since i have bilstein shocks already and some extended ford shock towers. So what would be a good piece together kit for a 4.5 - 5 inch kit/ who would you purchase your chassi bits from?

OP
OP
J

jimmyhat

12790Bronco_Clean-Up_016.jpg

I also want to know if more people are doing this kinda thing? Would like to get some dimensions or find out if someone is making these tube nose inners? I can and will make my own but when i saw this i was sold on it right from the get go for my project..

OP
OP
J

jimmyhat

oh and where do i find the diamondplate pieces for the rear ? Seen them on some rock crawlers

ctay

Quick question... Isn't there a problem with running with no inner fenders? Won't water, dirt and rocks get up in the engine compartment eaiser? My front end is toast and I am thinking about 'tubing it, but I do have a little worry about water getting up into stuff it shouldn't...
Be curious to see what people that are running this type of setup think.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I tubed mine. The motor and everything else really does not get that dirty and the engine runs alot cooler. I dont drive it down the road on rainy days so that me or may not be a problem. I mostly trail ride it. I make it alot easier to work on, but you have to do a little more work to mount things.

Attachments

• 76BR25.JPG
    76BR25.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 76BR26.JPG
    76BR26.JPG
    244.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 76BR30.JPG
    76BR30.JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 76BR31.JPG
    76BR31.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 38

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
rcmbronc said:
I tubed mine. The motor and everything else really does not get that dirty and the engine runs alot cooler. I dont drive it down the road on rainy days so that me or may not be a problem. I mostly trail ride it. I make it alot easier to work on, but you have to do a little more work to mount things.
That's pretty slick bronco. Is that a garage or a house:eek: very nice

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Jimmy, where did you get that picture. i know of someone who did that very thing and would be more than happy to share information if he has it. The garage looks familiar so that very well could be his design.

What are you planning on for a tranny? if you're thinking a stick, you might consider doing some of that lift in the body for clearance. Body lifts are good because you gain clearance while leaving the drivetrain and the center of gravity lower. i run 3.5" of SL and 2" of Body lift with 35's and I need to trim the factory front fenders. you should be able to run 36's with 6" of lift and some trimming.

J.D.