• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Advice on vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
K

Karpin

I'm looking at buying a 76 bronco for my husband's birthday. I'm in canada. Where should I be looking

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
The classifieds here on the forum and/or get someone locally who really knows Broncos to inspect any car for you. (full disclosure I do have one of mine for sale in that section) Regardless you want someone who really knows Broncos to look any potential purchase over ahead of time. The biggest issues to look out for are rust, bad paint, electrical, and mechanical issues. There are a few dealers/names to avoid but I will not mention names openly as to not start a thread bashing them.

I have had had a few members check broncos out for me and I have returned the favor & looked at several close to me. There is a great group of folks on here.

Last edited:

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Canadian $$ I'm assuming? Still too pricy. Be patient when buying, there's a lot out there for sale, and about every combination you can think of. What motor, trans, original looking, mod looking are you trying to find?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Definitely a key factor, patience & wait for the right one to come along..

good luck

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Make sure its legit with VIN on frame matching Title. Hate for you to buy one, drive it back to CAN and cant get it titled in your name bc they wont accept VIN on glovebox door or sticker on door. A seller should be able to show you pictures of VIN frame if they serious about selling. Just my 0.02 cents!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The address of on the website has a canadian zip code. So it is all canadian.

That is a clean example. But WAY overpriced. The total lack of description does not help any at all. Photos are simply of the pretty stuff, no pictures of the common problem areas to see if it really is clean or just nice pain over rust.

If it really is clean, which we can't tell from what they posted, even with dealer profit half would be fair.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hi Karpin, honestly I would go get a wad of cash for your husband birthday and say here let's go buy a bronco. Sometimes it can take awhile to find a good one , and one your husbands wants.. its not something I would rush into cause you can get burned pretty easily . With prices going up you do get people doing rush jobs on them and passing them off as great when they are not. Its good you started here because people on this site look out for each other . Also what is the current exchange rate for Canadian dollars that might be the reason that one you at seems so high in US dollars.
Just my opinion. Good luck. I wish my wife would be looking at broncos for me

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Something looked wonky with the passenger side 1/4 panel.

I agree. Figure out what you want to spend and make it a family project to find a good one. They are out there, but there are a lot of dodgey rigs that need to be avoided.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
I have a Sister who used to nag me about selling my bronco to her. My bronc is a 67 which I have made my own....We looked at 30-40 broncos both in person and in print media. At least 6 months went by....and she was going stir-crazy...She needed to feel her hair in the breeze driving her pony. Each time we left the home of a bronco seller without a bronco..she would cry on the way home. It was really getting to be a labor of love due in part because I had my own life and my wife was getting envious of the time I spent with my sister. That last one was not my choice...It was green/white top...She was in love....You see she is a gardener by profession and this was to be her work truck/fun truck. I picked that pony apart....it did no good she had to have it. SO she paid way to much for something that had a very hard life. She was always having me repair it then complain about the costs of parts it needed. After 10 years of fixing her pony for almost nothing, then receiving abuse for ALL the money I wanted her to spend on it...I told her take it to a shop.....She said it was to expencive to repair...then gave it to me...as a gift....a worn out bronco....is really no gift....

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
That truck is up for sale for last year or two

The last two post are really good info, and the conclusion that should be drawn from them is don't get in a hurry. Take you time, if money is not an object, then don't worry about the price and buy the best truck you can find. Wait for a good truck to come along and buy it. Don't settle for something that needs a little work.

If you are like most of us, and money is of concern, time is your friend, wait out a deal, spend the time educating yourself daily on EB's. It took me 2 years to find the right vehicle and every day I just wanted to get one, but I waited and watched the market and took advantage of a lull in the market to get a good deal. You find the good deals by waiting for them and not getting in a hurry.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Canadian $$ I'm assuming? Still too pricy. Be patient when buying, there's a lot out there for sale, and about every combination you can think of. What motor, trans, original looking, mod looking are you trying to find?

FYI, the Canadian dollar is very close to parity with the US dollar right now.

N747JB

This is great advice!!!;D
I've been in the car business 25+ years and I can count on one hand the number of times a "surprise" or gift purchase worked out where everyone was happy! %)
I have seen people almost get divorced, I think one lady ended up with a black eye, over buying their spouse a vehicle. Now I won't even sell one for a gift, we agree on details and you take it home, if the other party is happy, we do paperwork. If not, we pick out a different car, works 95% of the time. Much better than trying to back out the deal after it's all done.%)
And I would venture to say most sellers aren't taking a Bronco back next week if your husband doesn't like it! %)
It sounds like a sweet idea, but the reality is if you don't know Broncos and get a bad one, which is very likely, you will feel bad and so will your husband. :-[

Hi Karpin, honestly I would go get a wad of cash for your husband birthday and say here let's go buy a bronco. Sometimes it can take awhile to find a good one , and one your husbands wants.. its not something I would rush into cause you can get burned pretty easily . With prices going up you do get people doing rush jobs on them and passing them off as great when they are not. Its good you started here because people on this site look out for each other . Also what is the current exchange rate for Canadian dollars that might be the reason that one you at seems so high in US dollars.
Just my opinion. Good luck. I wish my wife would be looking at broncos for me

MR-CYN

Loc.
NH
Give him a 'coupon' for one 'free' bronco as the gift. Then make dates out of looking at them, going out for lunch/dinner, breakfast, etc. As much as he'll love a gift you picked out for him he'll like the one he picks out for himself best. I hope your hair is in the wind soon, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.