• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arkansas boys(and friends)July 7th

OP
OP
BroncoJAK

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
I'm not passing up a good deal for either of them to get one.;D

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
By the way...how much is this MOROC competition going to keep us off the trails?

I'm pretty sure I'm coming, but things may change and may have to work on Sat instead. We'll see.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
You know, I don't really remember that part. I DO remember you about to have a conniption as raffle time got closer tho. %)
It was earlier in the day when I first suggested fuel filter. I enjoyed the flavor of your fuel by the way and think that reddish color may have been a southwest Arkansas flavor additive, uniquely robust, bold yet refreshing.

And that was no conniption fit, but I was fearful of having one if they had drawn one of Michael's many raffle tickets for a good prize and he had not been present.

You were right though, it did start an hour later than scheduled and Michael did not win anything anyway.

Which reminds me, thanks again for giving us your raffle prize :cool:

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
By the way...how much is this MOROC competition going to keep us off the trails?

I'm pretty sure I'm coming, but things may change and may have to work on Sat instead. We'll see.

I'm thinking there will still be plenty of adventure trail we can all enjoy, and the event may be fun to watch from parallel trail we may find as we navigate around their sections.

I hope you can make it and if you do, I promise to try not to conniption fit on ya ;)

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
It was earlier in the day when I first suggested fuel filter. I enjoyed the flavor of your fuel by the way and think that reddish color may have been a southwest Arkansas flavor additive, uniquely robust, bold yet refreshing.

Ohhhhh, THAT time. ;D Well there were a few break downs between that and the last one.:-* :-* :-* But I appreciate you anyway.

Well I got the fuel pump on a toggle switch which means I'll prolly leave it running sometime and blow it up and have to replace it again.

Looks like it might be getting wet.

I talked to BJ at the office, he said there should be plenty of 2s and 3s open (except for trails around the pipeline), but races start at 10 and will be both days.

I'm still contemplating tho. But I'll load the bronco just in case.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I drive mine to each and every one we attend, even the very far away ones and love it ;D

Of course, I don't have a trailer or tow rig either ;)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
And here is our Hot Springs weather forecast for the weekend :cool:

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s. Northeast winds 5 mph. The chance of precipitation 40 percent. Average rainfall less than 1/10 inch.

Saturday
Partly sunny. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 90. East winds 5 mph. The chance of precipitation 20 percent in the afternoon. Average rainfall less than 1/10 inch.

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the upper 60s. Northeast winds 5 mph. The chance of precipitation 20 percent in the evening. Average rainfall less than 1/10 inch.

Sunday
Partly sunny. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. South winds 5 mph in the morning...increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation 20 percent in the afternoon.

Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Northeast winds 5 mph. The chance of precipitation 20 percent.

rmfreeze

Loc.
Benton, Arkansas
And here is our Hot Springs weather forecast for the weekend :cool:

Sounds like the typical summer Arkansas forecast: hot with a chance of rain. If it's pouring in the morning I won't go - otherwise I'll be there.

I ran into a nice fellow tonight at a gas pump with a dark blue 77. He indicated he went to OCBR last year and I told him about this thread and the meet tomorrow. He said he might show up.

OP
OP
BroncoJAK

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
I'm loaded and ready to go. Even bringing the tent with hopes of spending the night in fellowship with a cold beer around the campfire. Talked to Monte this afternoon, looks like he'll be a no show. Been there in the rain a few times. If you stay on the rocks like on Fun Run you get some great traction.

Allan, check those lug nuts before you head out.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Michael and I are planing on leaving about five and should be there a little after eight. We can be contacted by cell at 870-307-1939 when we have reception.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I'm loaded and ready to go. Even bringing the tent with hopes of spending the night in fellowship with a cold beer around the campfire. Talked to Monte this afternoon, looks like he'll be a no show. Been there in the rain a few times. If you stay on the rocks like on Fun Run you get some great traction.

Allan, check those lug nuts before you head out.

Lug nuts are checked and that alternator wire was actually not the wire but internal to the unit, so we took advantage of the lifetime warranty and are really ready to go now :cool:

We too are bringing the tent and looking to one heck of a great weekend ;D

See ya guys in the morning.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
Yall have fun. With all the rain this week, I now have a great Saturday to make up for some no cruising days. So I'll be sweating in the woods while yall are having fun. But FYI, my door is fixed as well as my fuel pump, and I even have my winch controler out and connected as we speak. Have fun boys.;)

rmfreeze

Loc.
Benton, Arkansas
So I'll be sweating in the woods while yall are having fun.

I think we did our share of sweating in the woods yesterday. %) I lost the nut off the radius arm-to-frame mount and the arm popped out on Bilstein's Ravine. It made it the rest of the way out of the trail before the tire rubbing the flare got my attention. Fortunately nothing broke and Bubba spotted the bushing back down the trail. We walked Bilstein and Bulletproof back and forth a couple times searching for the nut and washer but I probably lost it on the drive down. I got some cardio in yesterday climbing those hilles. :) Thanks to everyone for the help looking for it and to Darrell for driving me into town to get a nut and some cotter pins. We used a high lift, winch and rachet straps to get it back in place. ;D

cootvon

Loc.
Little Rock, AR
man... wish i coulda been there. we ran into the party's hostesses on thursday night. K let out the "is jeff invited too" to which they replied "of course he is.. jeff make sure you come!" so i had to go to the shower.
it was the last one... next monday is the big day. can't wait.

It's about time for me to pick you guys' brains on a few things. namely getting my doors to shut right... i'm tired of the leaks. monte should know something about doors shutting correctly :) after that it's time to do the
brakes. i know nothing about either...but i'm ready to learn. I'll be selling the B2 soon so i'll have a couple bucks to throw at the bronco.

jeff

and... I WANNA SEE PICS! I actually look back on the weekend thinking "man i bet they are having a good time". first time i've missed riding around sweating :) can't wait for ocbr. i still need to register! WHOOPS!

mstark

Loc.
Batesville Arkansas
We just made it back, and what a great weekend. We got lost and found ourselves on some fours, so we turned around and went back to do Fun Run. Afterward at camp some yota guys talked John into running some level fours (Peterson's Ultimate Adventure 2003 and Four Fingers) and Peterson's was the trail we had ended up on earlier that day. John walked right up BOTH of the fours with out any real body damage or major stucks. We had to use the strap onceto get him over some slick rock, but otherwise he did excellent.

This means it's time for all of us other Arkansas guys to ante up. Hope you guys are ready, because I am. :cool: :-*

OP
OP
BroncoJAK

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
I'm home now too. Got back from HS a while back but we had to go out for dinner. For some reason I had a real hankering for Chinese food. ;D ;D ;D
The couple of 4 trails, if you want to call them that, were a blast. One of them was the one Robert backed out of.%) ;D Turned out I got a cracked frame around the steering box for my effort too.

And I want everybody to know I got Allan Stark on not 1, not 2, but 3 of the 4 rated trails Saturday.