• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arkansas Boys going wheeling you're invited

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Hey Alan, I don't think you'll want to run without a choke at all. It's really needed when starting up in the cold weather. Heck, just bring the parts along to Howiepalooza and we'll put it on for ya. That is if you can wait that long.;)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Thanks Don, I think the problem is with the brackets that came with my ten dollar help section manual choke cable kit, it's pretty flimsy and the cable wants to bind while the brackets flex, etc.

But otherwise, the carb is working great ;D

crewdg

Loc.
Heber Springs, AR
Hey Alan did the Carb box have an Advance Auto Part # on it? I have Oreillys and AutoZone close but no Advance but should be able to cross-reference it.
I was thinking that if the new manuel choke on mine won't work, then I may try a 2-Barrel with an adapter for my 4-barrel intake. :)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Here are a couple of part numbers off the box ;)

Champion Part # 6-315

United Part # 7-7227

This is the Motorcraft 2100 and it comes with a thermal choke which can be converted to manual with the addition of the kit I am having problems with.

This carb runs great and is one heck of a deal at 109.00 with a 20.00 exchange.

crewdg

Loc.
Heber Springs, AR
Here are a couple of part numbers off the box ;)

Champion Part # 6-315

United Part # 7-7227

This is the Motorcraft 2100 and it comes with a thermal choke which can be converted to manual with the addition of the kit I am having problems with.

This carb runs great and is one heck of a deal at 109.00 with a 20.00 exchange.

Thanks Alan, I may see about one if I can find an adapter too. I really don't want to swap intakes right now. Anyone know of a good inexpensive 4 Barrel to 2 Barrel adapter? Found some on Summit but not sure which will fit the 2100. Thanks DK

BIGED

Guru ????
Alan glad to hear you got that carb lined out . see yall in about 12 days

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Thanks Alan, I may see about one if I can find an adapter too. I really don't want to swap intakes right now.

You have plenty of time to swap. Heck, you put an engine in just a few days before OCBR one year. Or is it that there is to much time for Howeipalooza and not enough pressure to get it done?;D ;D ;D

I'm surprised O'Reilly's doesn't carry them. ?:? Did you call anyone in Sedalia?

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I think you may be right Rick, it's running great. It starts right up and is very snappy, a whole lot more power and no blubbering. I have not yet had it off road but I can really notice a huge difference on road. I also changed plugs, fuel and air filters, changed oil and lubed. I still need to clean up the drivers side locking hub and do rock lights.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I talked to Valerie about making us some venison jerky for Howiepalooza and it looks like she is going to fix us up ;)

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
mmummmm....JERKY!...............:cry: DURN, guess we're gonna miss the jerky too!:( Oh well, enjoy some for us!