• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arkansas Boys going wheeling you're invited

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Last of them! Sure is a lot of mud on your bronco compared to all the others JW. ;)

When I went outside this morning it was washed...little gift from my son-in-law. They returned the borrowed ignition box for me so I could get back on the road. It has been a great weekend.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
We did have a great time, and not only that, I didn't get a single tick on me the whole day :cool:

Took the wife and dog out today, and we are covered with those vermin now. But what the heck, it will be fun picking them off each other later ;)

LOL, Good luck sir.. ;)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Well, I ordered a rebuilt Motorcraft 2100 today to replace my old one. I was thinking about rebuilding it myself but when I found out I could get one thru Advanced Auto direct from the factory for a hundred and nine bucks, and have it in hand Thursday, I just couldn't pass it up :eek:

BIGED

Guru ????
Well, I ordered a rebuilt Motorcraft 2100 today to replace my old one. I was thinking about rebuilding it myself but when I found out I could get one thru Advanced Auto direct from the factory for a hundred and nine bucks, and have it in hand Thursday, I just couldn't pass it up :eek:

That dosent sound to bad just bolt up and adjust. I know if you hadn't been loading up in the carb you would have went right up Michael's Way.;D

BIGED

Guru ????
As far as the mud goes I think it was that young man with the heavy foot that was the muddy one. Not to name any names;D ;D ;D

"BRADLEE"

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country

Wow, that sounds like a good deal Alan. I bet Chad wishes he had done that since he had all that grief with rebuilding his and loosing that washer and all. You will not regret that purchase, and when we get to Howiepalooza you are going to be in great shape!:)

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru

That is a good deal. I bet that takes care of your loading up problems.

Alan, just a suggestion, but you might want to check out your drivers side lockout before you head to Howiepalooza. I bet it could use a cleaning.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Yep, I'm going to do the drivers side this weekend, and I noticed that big o-ring was missing on the passenger side when we had it off. We have a hydraulic shop here in town that has a whole wall of just o-rings and I was thinking about going over both sides, and replacing that missing one. Don't know that those o-rings will keep the muck out or not, but I figure they gotta help.

And again, thanks to everyone who helped me out with that, I think we had my Bronco back on the trail in less than fifteen minutes, and it sure works better in four wheel drive ;)

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR

That sounds like a real good deal.

I was looking for some parts for mine on ebay today and ran across some rebuilt MC carbs for $240.

Do you mind doing me favor and taking a look at the bottom of it for me? I'm curious if one of your mixture screws sticks out farther than the other like mine does.

photoImage.jpg

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Wow, that sounds like a good deal Alan. I bet Chad wishes he had done that since he had all that grief with rebuilding his and loosing that washer and all. You will not regret that purchase, and when we get to Howiepalooza you are going to be in great shape!:)

lol, 10-4 good buddy!!

I don't think I have to say it, but...

Be careful when you remove the carb spacer!!!

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Hey Chad, I just went out to the garage and took at look at Michael's old carb, it's a Motorcraft and both mixture screws are sticking out about the same as your long one is in the pic, maybe just a little less, but definitely both sticking out.

rmfreeze

Loc.
Benton, Arkansas
Here's another I put together from a few small clips on Michael's Way. The resolution is reduced when I converted the video's but I think it came out nice.

[youtube]TaMKuJ5mi0k[/youtube]

vstark

Nice way to find out you just spent $109.00.... so what am I getting for equal or greater value ? ;)

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Hey Chad, I just went out to the garage and took at look at Michael's old carb, it's a Motorcraft and both mixture screws are sticking out about the same as your long one is in the pic, maybe just a little less, but definitely both sticking out.

Man that's sure is odd. I took both mine out tonight and the screws are exactly the same length. I don't know if they are original or what the deal is now.

Oh well, I guess I'll just play with it.

Those videos are pretty sweet, Robert. I guess we found our official audio/imaging/video man for the club. hehehe

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Nice way to find out you just spent $109.00.... so what am I getting for equal or greater value ? ;)

lol, I suppose it could be worse. We have a guy at work that shoots clay pigeon competitions and he just droped 15k for a new shotgun!!!!!!!!!

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Great videos Robert ;D

And hey Chad, I noticed in the mixture screw pics the one on the left shows less spring coil compression, indicating it was not screwed in as far, look at the pic and you can see what I mean.