• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arkansas Boys going wheeling you're invited

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Good luck Chad and if you need anything give me a call. I'm going to try and get of work at a decent hour tonight and get everything ready to go myself. I may not get a round to cleaning up my Bronco, and its pretty muddy and dirty right now, inside and out, but I figure you guys wont mind ;)

And don't forget, everyone is invited to attend, so if anyone has an opportunity to show up and meet this wild bunch, just come and out and have a great time :cool:

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
yA'LL HAVE A TON OF FUN AND BE SAFE!!!!! We'll be thinking of all of you, out there - having fun, and don't forget the pics!!!!!
Wish we could join you but at least Floyd gets to go home today!!!!!! so we're pretty happy just taking the trail home.

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Good luck Chad and if you need anything give me a call. I'm going to try and get of work at a decent hour tonight and get everything ready to go myself. I may not get a round to cleaning up my Bronco, and its pretty muddy and dirty right now, inside and out, but I figure you guys wont mind ;)

And don't forget, everyone is invited to attend, so if anyone has an opportunity to show up and meet this wild bunch, just come and out and have a great time :cool:

If I'm going to get this ready before Saturday, I'm going to need a push in the right direction.

anybody good at tuning carbs?

here's the thread... http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137680

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
I don't think I helped you much Chad...but sure hope you make it in the morning!

Alan, pick a CB channel so anyone late can find the group.;)

Like John said the weather is looking great also (75 degrees and sunny to partly cloudy). :D

You guys are not planning to go to town and get something for lunch are you? I think we will bring a sandwich or something. :)

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Well, I'm making progress Rick. I rebuilt the carb, but I still had the flooding. So, I turned my mixture screws in all the way and backed them out a half turn. Now it starts and runs again.

New problem, I've got a big time vacuum leak on the back of the carb. I guess it's that thick cardboard looking gasket that's leaking. Don't know.

%)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Hey Chad, those screws usually go about 1.5 turns out from seat and then adjust in or out by turn for final adjustment. But until you get the vacuum leak fixed I would not even mess with them.

I don't have any sealer on mine, if I remember correctly, but I guess you could put some on there to help seal it up. You would have to pull the carb, then apply and equally torque down the four bolts to snug it up, but not over tighten and let sit for a while.

And Rick, I just got off the phone with BJ from the park and they monitor and use channel four on the CB, so let's go with five for our group unless we find a bunch of other traffic on it after everyone gets there.

Oh, and BJ said for evermore there will be no payment required for our sponsorship of the Michael's Way Trail, just occasional maintenance when we are down there and he did not think it needed anything now.

I think John was going to do some trail planning last night, so we should be pretty well organized, and weather is going to be perfect.

I will have an empty seat and I know others will too, and with that I'm going back out to check things on my Bronco, and continue to get ready for a great day tomorrow ;)

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
I appreciate everyone's help and putting up with all the phone calls today.

Things were going really well, until....

Major knocking in the engine. Guess she isn't going anywhere soon.

?:?

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
And Rick, I just got off the phone with BJ from the park and they monitor and use channel four on the CB, so let's go with five for our group unless we find a bunch of other traffic on it after everyone gets there.

5 it is! We are loaded up and ready to pull out. Should be out to the park by 8 - 8:30 am.;)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I unexpectedly had to run out and work, but fluids are fine on mine and I'm calling it ready.

And Chad, if you need a seat I got one for ya, and my brakes are pretty much working too ;)

BIGED

Guru ????
Well im loaded and ready to go cant wait to do a little wheeling.
Went out this afternoon went up some forrest roads over magazine mt.
Have a few bugs but ill work on them later. Its time to wheel!!!;D ;D

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Well im loaded and ready to go cant wait to do a little wheeling.
Went out this afternoon went up some forrest roads over magazine mt.
Have a few bugs but ill work on them later. Its time to wheel!!!;D ;D

What time you think you will be there ED?

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Valerie just put my black Arkansas Boys Bronco Club shirt out on the chair for me, and now I am really ready for tomorrow ;D

See ya guys in the morning :cool:

60_avatar__epic.gif

rmfreeze

Loc.
Benton, Arkansas
Had a great time! Thanks to Ed for the extra seat. I snapped a few pics - not as many action pics as I would have liked. I'll post up a few here and more later - plus some vids.

Edit ... apparently the site wants some pretty small files and I'm getting tired of resizing. I'll upload somewhere else and link to it.

Attachments

• IMG_0074a.jpg
    IMG_0074a.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0031a.jpg
    IMG_0031a.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0029a.jpg
    IMG_0029a.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0032a.jpg
    IMG_0032a.jpg