• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bailie Bilt - Project "Quarter Horse" 8-14-08 Pics With Wheels/Tires Finally!!

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Bigone - I tried to take you with me over there the other day....but you were no where to be found. Where ya been?

Dale

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
HAPPY 4th of JULY Everyone!!!!!

Hope everyone was safe and had a blast last night.

The Duck Creek (Grand Lake) fireworks were spectacular this year! Probably the best ever.

Dale

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
I agree with the Duck Creek fireworks. This was most likely the best year in the 20 years my family has been going up there. Hey Dale, not to be a jerk, But when that motors was last tuned by Donnie Crietz with the big block throttle body and such he figured closer to 500. But that is what I was told.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Keepin' up is ALL relative isn't it????

I mean....look at Pepe....he can keep up with the best of em....sort of!!

Everyone who watchs this thread will know when we make the maiden voiage.....obviously, it will be at Disney.

Dale

Let's see......Hot Spgs. the end of this month for Gordon's maint. & pre-runs..
I think August is open for a Disney run...;D

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
I hope this truck will have better brakes than the previous one. For some odd reason the last truck wouldnt stop unless it was in nuetral. I guess that was all the horses it had

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Fortunately.....I have one of the best mechanics in the industry helping me with the final stages of this project and "brakes" have been the main topic of our discussions of late.

Dale

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Got back to Gordons today to wrap up the battery tray box build. We're pretty excited about how it turned out.......this was an ideal I had a while back enable to give us a little more room under the hood while running dual batteries. I'm not sure Gordon had my enthusiasm in the beginning, but after it was complete, he was smiling from ear to ear. After viewing and discussing it after the last stitch, neither one of us can recall ever seeing this done on another bronco. Being that this is strickly a rock crawler and will more than likely never see temptures that a pair of carharts won't overcome, we decided to eliminate the stock heater all together.

Worse come to worse, I'll put in a mojave heater under the drivers seat of something.

We also started on the front clip hoop and by this time next week we should have the hoop complete, fenders stretched, cut and installed, along with the hood in place.

Hope you like it.

Dale

Attachments

• 1 Battery Tray.jpg
    1 Battery Tray.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 1 Battery Tray2.jpg
    1 Battery Tray2.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 1 Battery Tray3.jpg
    1 Battery Tray3.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 1 Battery Tray4.jpg
    1 Battery Tray4.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 1 Battery Tray5.jpg
    1 Battery Tray5.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 1 Battery Tray6.jpg
    1 Battery Tray6.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 1 Battery Tray7.jpg
    1 Battery Tray7.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 1 Front clip2.jpg
    1 Front clip2.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 1 Front clip.jpg
    1 Front clip.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 97

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Wow very creative!

I would not worry about the loosing the stock heater, it sucked anyway.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
UPDATE;

Man....although we are making lots of progress.....it is also seems so slow.....maybe I'm just too excited and anticipating driving this thing!

Progress to date:
Front tube clip is nearly complete (fender tabs are welded and fenders are bolted to it. We're gonna have to wait to complete the radiator support because my new radiator is on back-order (Lovely!*#^). Due to this engines history of getting a little hot, I bought a new Be Cool (700hp), radiator (17"x31"), dual pusher fans, reservoir bottle and switches.

Final cuts have been made on front fenders, grill, and rear fenders (pic of rear fender cuts not included yet). All excess body holes have been filled. Rear quarter protectors are mocked up and ready to cut. Roadster inserts have arrived and waiting final fit.

Dash mock-up is complete and now ready for final body work and paint with the exception of fan switches, etc, which will be put in after dash is painted and installed.

I think that's it for now........going back out Friday to work all day with Gordon. Should have more updated pics by friday evening.

Dale

Attachments

• 1 Front View.jpg
    1 Front View.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 120
  • 1 Inserts.jpg
    1 Inserts.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 1 Fender Section.jpg
    1 Fender Section.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 1 Inner Fender.jpg
    1 Inner Fender.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 1 Tube Clip.jpg
    1 Tube Clip.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 1 Dash.jpg
    1 Dash.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 1 Fenders.jpg
    1 Fenders.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 140

muddford

;D I want to know what type steering wheel you plan to put in QH!;D

Hopefully one that turns the wheels when it is turned!!!!!!!!!!lol
just bringing up a old times, I think I remember it not working,something about vice grips. We wont even talk about the stair case. HAHA Dale

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Bigone - you are cruzing for "Big" knuckle sandwich.....!!! LOL You KNOW who did the dash work.....but, thank you anyway.

2broncos2go - I am thinking pretty serious about welding a bunch of vicescripsts together.....lol. For those of you who are wondering what the heck we're talking about.......last year at OCBR, my steering wheel stripped out, so rather than sit up on the hill and pout, I locked the ole vicescripts on and down we went. I received some pretty interesting looks pulling back into the park.

Dale

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Did you nix the idea of moving the headlight buckets in? Certainly nothing wrong with the way it looks now.

And the steering wheel stripping is not the only issue you've had with steering.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Rouge - thats right....you were there at the top of the devils staircase when I lost my rag joint in Pepe....werent you?

Bighoov - Pepe definitely knows something is going on.....all the sudden he started leaked tranny fluid on the floor and is loosing pressure in the front right tire.....I think he's trying to mark his territory and show me that its not going to be easy moving him out of his spot in the shop!!!! LOL

Dale