• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bailie Bilt - Project "Quarter Horse" 8-14-08 Pics With Wheels/Tires Finally!!

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Slick - we certainly appreciate your kind words!!!

I think some of the best engineering is still yet to come. Gordon's ability to shape metal and fabricate blows my mind as well.......have I mentioned yet that I am just the flunky that gets to participate and pay for this build!?! LOL

I'm getting ready to go down to the shop and take some pics of the dash I've been working on as soon as the daughter goes down for her nap.......hope everyone likes it. The dash fab is all me and I hope Gordon likes it too.....????

Dale

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Finally got a break in the rain clouds so my internet would work.........for those of you who don't live in the midwest don't know what you're missing!!

I should be building an Arc with all the freakin rain we've had and KEEP getting. Something like 20" or more in June. Everything is flooding!!

Anyway, here's what I've done so far to the dash; moved glovebox over about 3 1/2" to make room for rollbar, removed speaker grill and ashtray, removed heater controls, lowered ignition and wiper holes down to bottom of dash, plugged speedo and getting ready to finish plugging the rest of the unused holes in the dash.

I will be inserting the AutoMeter, Phantom gauges that came out of another project. I will be running a speedo, tach, fuel, water, volts, trans temp, and oil gauge.

Once finished, the dash will be sandblasted and nice thin coat of filler and off to be painted and graphics by Gordo.

Dale

Attachments

• 1 Dash.jpg
    1 Dash.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 2 Dash.jpg
    2 Dash.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 3 Dash.jpg
    3 Dash.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 84
  • 4 Dash.jpg
    4 Dash.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 5 Dash.jpg
    5 Dash.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 6 Dash.jpg
    6 Dash.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Got out to Gordons today around lunch........MUCH progress has been made.

Mods:
Front shock hoops are done and shocks are mounted. Next, we will start on the front hoop system that ties in the body, fender, grill, etc. We're hoping that this will be complete by the weekend.

Once again, after this is complete, we just have a few more odds and ends to finish before we rip it all apart, weld up the bottom side of frame and off to sandblaster.

We are getting REALLY close now!!

Also, threw in a pic of the BC Bronco's quarter protecters that will be mounted to the body and the WH Proflow hood that is ready for fitting.

Hope you guys like what we've done so far!!

Let me hear ya......we would like your feedback and/or questions.

Dale

Attachments

• A Front Shock Hoops Top View.jpg
    A Front Shock Hoops Top View.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 43
  • A Front Shock Hoops Passenger2.jpg
    A Front Shock Hoops Passenger2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 38
  • A Front Shock Hoops Passenger.jpg
    A Front Shock Hoops Passenger.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 71
  • A Front Shock Hoop OH Passenger.jpg
    A Front Shock Hoop OH Passenger.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 43
  • A Front Shock Hoop Lower mount.jpg
    A Front Shock Hoop Lower mount.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 64
  • A Front Shock Hoops Driver.jpg
    A Front Shock Hoops Driver.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 54
  • A Front Shock Hoop Overhead.jpg
    A Front Shock Hoop Overhead.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 48
  • A Front Shock Hoops.jpg
    A Front Shock Hoops.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 62
  • A Hood.jpg
    A Hood.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 35
  • A Quarter Guards.jpg
    A Quarter Guards.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 122

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Looking great, I'm jealous. Ha! Typical Gordon, working with one hand phone in the other.;D

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
You KNOW Gordon....lol.....I know you do!!

It is funny....everytime I'm over there....that cell phone is glued to his ear. Or he's going up devils staircase while he's talking on the phone!!

I swear if he didn't have a phone...it would he scary how much he could get done.

Dale

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Biker - Are you talking about the rear/middle tube or support piece? If so, that actually dies and is welded right on top of the stock crossmember.

We can make any one anything......Gordon's shop is always open....lol

It would take some serious trimming to fit one of these shock mounts to a stock body.....now the rears on the other hand wouldn't be that big of a deal, other than a 2" body lift.

Dale

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
You know we talked alot about that possibility when we starting thinking about the quarter horse project and even though we have not totally x'd the ideal.........we have determined that it would be difficult to build a "fits-all", coil system. Not to mention that tech help that would be required after the purchase was made and shipped.

With that said, you do know that Gordon is pretty much working/building/modifying Broncos on a full-time basis now!?! He is currently working on several other projects; building custom, one-off roll cages, custom front bumpers, paint & body work, ground-up's, etc.

I think what makes Gordon really unique vs. a lot of other companies out there is that he will customize his product to satisfy the customer and doesn't get hung up on "this" is the design and "we" cannot vary from that......!!

Wait until you see Darrell Lewis new "rock" crawler. Granted, Darrell build the drivetrain, etc.....Gordon did all the body work, paint, rock guards, bumpers and roll cage.......it turned out fabulous.

Dale

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
just curious... How did ya come by the Boe-Tie drive train??

That is 1 serious set up... to just have "lay'n around"

LoL, and also for curiosity sake, what made ya decide to build an early bronco?

I am not a chevy fan, if ya couldn't tell ;) BUT I still respect a-lot of their products. I actually like the old K5's... not as much as the EB, but still a cool ride.

I will say, I'm glad to see this work done on a bronco rather than sum-thin silly like a S10.

Any-how, ya interested in yer reply!

:cool:

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
With that said, you do know that Gordon is pretty much working/building/modifying Broncos on a full-time basis now!?! He is currently working on several other projects; building custom, one-off roll cages, custom front bumpers, paint & body work, ground-up's, etc.

Yeah. Saw both the cages he built for Mike Mudd. Figure it won't be long till another cage builder steals the idea. There is no "fits all" 3 or 4 link set up out there either. I think he needs to market atleast the arms. And if it were easy everybody would be doing it.;)

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Well.....I don't want to tell the "whole" story just yet.....save the excitement for an up and coming feature article in bronco driver............but, I bought another, very proven, rock-crawler from a friend. One of those deals I couldn't pass up. I had already decided to build a rock crawler....actually the bronco had already been purchased and we were starting to plan the build when this deal came along.

We orginally were just going to swap bodies and be done with it...........once we dug in a little, we found several things that bothered us, as well as, the realization that it wasn't going to be that easy, therefore, we decided to go full-on with the bronco chassis, etc. The engine was sitting there.....I know for a fact that every part in it was brand new when built.....it is pushing somewhere around 350-400 horses.....it will literally light up all four 42's....combined with the fact that it already had the 700R behind it with an Atlas transfer case behind that. I realize that I could install both of these behind a ford engine, but it would require a couple of adapters.....I really like the ideal that I don't have adapters that could potentially lead to a "weak" link. The engine is a 383, stroker out to a 392......with all the good stuff inside it!

Hope this helps a little.

Dale

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
ah... so the 383/392 was in the crawler you bought?

LoL, ya had me wondering how that intence of a set up would have been sitting around.

I guess I was hope'n to hear a good story about how the GM vehicle it was in was rendered a donar vehicle ;)

HeHe, too bad the guy who built the crawler the drive-train came from didn't use a 351 or 460 to start with! :D But I suppose if it were my rig that statment would mean more!

keep up the good work!

:cool:

1sorbronc77

Loc.
Kellyville, OK
Looking forward to the maiden voyage, you and Gordon give me a call and I'll be there! I dont think my "Broncnstein" will keep up with this monster you have created......

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Keepin' up is ALL relative isn't it????

I mean....look at Pepe....he can keep up with the best of em....sort of!!

Everyone who watchs this thread will know when we make the maiden voiage.....obviously, it will be at Disney.

Dale

Big One

Loc.
Bartlesville, Ok
Looking forward to the maiden voyage, you and Gordon give me a call and I'll be there! I dont think my "Broncnstein" will keep up with this monster you have created......

Travis said w/him at the wheel of the Beater, he'll be able to keep up;D ;D

Its looking great. Can't wait to see/hear it run again................