• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bailie Bilt - Project "Quarter Horse" 8-14-08 Pics With Wheels/Tires Finally!!

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Pepe could come to our house for some TLC ;D I think he'd enjoy
our stable, tall grass.....and plenty of water.;)

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
We got the front tube clip pretty much finished. Tranny and power steering cooler are mounted and ready to go. Rear fender wheel wells have been cut for final finish. Roll bar has been started. We put a hard top on so we could fit the roll cage......just had to take a picture with the top on it. This thing is a beast!!! I'm so freakin excited now I can't see straight.

Gordon called an hour or so to tell me the steering column was delivered today and he was going to start mocking it up.

I'll be in Mexico all next week so there probably won't be any pictures for a little over a week............but, there should be some major progress while I'm gone. I'll post some pics as soon as I return.

Dale

Attachments

• A Front Tube Clip.jpg
    A Front Tube Clip.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 157
  • A Fender Mount.jpg
    A Fender Mount.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 154
  • A Clip mount.jpg
    A Clip mount.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 100
  • A Clip on Firewall.jpg
    A Clip on Firewall.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 124
  • A Rear Fender Cut.jpg
    A Rear Fender Cut.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 157
  • A Tranny Cooler mount2.jpg
    A Tranny Cooler mount2.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 138
  • A Tranny Cooler mount.jpg
    A Tranny Cooler mount.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 122
  • A Roll Cage.jpg
    A Roll Cage.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Oops! I will not be running a hard top.

Attachments

• A Hard Top.jpg
    A Hard Top.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 231
OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Got back from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico late last night.....dang it!!

Got out to Gordon's this morning to find out what he's been up to since I've been out of town........WOW.......he got some stuff DONE!!

Check it out:
Radiator came in and is now mounted. If this doesn't keep the beasts lungs cool...I don't know what will!?! 17"hx31"w, 700hp rating.

Hydraulic steering box is mounted to the firewall. This is a totally custom location. We studied the truck for a long time before we decided to go directly to the firewall. Obviously, we reinforced the firewall....this way we have all kinds of clearance near the stock location on the frame, plus we were able to completely eliminate the lower steering shaft.

Rock skiis have been blasted and welded to the body....DONE.

Roll cage is nearly complete....got a couple of gussets and a few OH SHOOT handles, and seat hoops and it is done.

All frame and body mods are projected to be complete by thursday and dissembly started by Friday.

I'll be picking up the frame, suspension components, roll cage, etc. the first part of next week and take to the powder coater.........we are really getting close now!!!

We are projecting to start the reassembly in 3 weeks.

Please keep posted!!

Thanks for looking

Dale

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
For some reason...the pics did not upload in the last post.

Here goes again!!

Attachments

• Roll Cage.jpg
    Roll Cage.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Rock Skiis.jpg
    Rock Skiis.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Lower Steering Column.jpg
    Lower Steering Column.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Steering Column.jpg
    Steering Column.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Steering Box.jpg
    Steering Box.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Radiator Side.jpg
    Radiator Side.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Radiator Passenger.jpg
    Radiator Passenger.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Radiator.jpg
    Radiator.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Roll Cage3.jpg
    Roll Cage3.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Roll Cage2.jpg
    Roll Cage2.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 118

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Welcome Home!
hehe - some of us knew of the progress....
wish I could have seen your face!
Hope you had a GREAT birthday.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Thank you.....it's good to be back home. I was working hard as well.........just so happens I was doing a little OCBR marketing on my birthday in Mexico. I have a picture of me next to a 120 lbs, striped Marlin that I caught wearing my 06' OCBR shirt.

I will post that picture in a day or two (on my wifes camera)

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Very nice build, I personally am open to "liberties" being taken. Engine doesn't matter to me. Watching someone build something breathtaking is the ticket. I like a curve ball, keeps me thinking. Kind of like the first guy that wanted to cut the rear quarters. I'm sure he had guys around him say, damn, you're going to ruin it...

Now I did see a beat up trans am with a 351W and a c-6 powering that puppy...the cross member was a chunk of chain strapped to the trans and frame rails.

Nice build Dale and Gordon!!!

John

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
It's official.........the tear down has began....actually, it is done. Got out to Gordon's yesterday to wrap up a couple of loose ends and then start tearing it down.

Initially, we anticipated that the teardown would take all day, but we had this beast completely dissassembled in about 3 1/2 hours.

Gordon is due to get the body back from the blaster today and will begin the final body and paint work.

I am taking the frame and roll cage to the powder coater tomorrow.

I should have some updated pics in a few days.

Dale

Attachments

• Hood and bumper.jpg
    Hood and bumper.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Hood side view.jpg
    Hood side view.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Axles.jpg
    Axles.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Powdercoated wheels.jpg
    Powdercoated wheels.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Teardown.jpg
    Teardown.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 60

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
hehehe - just like a kid in a candy shop!!!!;D
Of course you are only :eek: 49-50 days from OCBR!!!!

Big One

Loc.
Bartlesville, Ok
Thank you.....it's good to be back home. I was working hard as well.........just so happens I was doing a little OCBR marketing on my birthday in Mexico. I have a picture of me next to a 120 lbs, striped Marlin that I caught wearing my 06' OCBR shirt.

I will post that picture in a day or two (on my wifes camera)

I'm pretty sure it was the wife that reeled in that Marlin;D ;D

OCBR's getting close, is Q-horse going to be there?????????
Theres always room in the "BEATER" if you need a seat. hahahahahahahaha

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
The "wife" reeled in her Marlin and I reeled in "mine". Hers just happened to be about 100lbs larger than mine........imagine that!

I can comfortably say now that Quarter Horse will be at OCBR (98%). I will know more next week. I'm taking chassis, rollbar, etc. to the powder coater tomorrow.

Just talked to Gordon and said he would be finished with body work and paint by next saturday. He picked up the blasted body today and said it is in pristine condition.

I'm anxiously keeping my fingers crossed that the next two weeks will provide some awesome progress......pics to come!!

P.S.
BigOne - when you going to post some pics of your "new" ride??? I promise I won't prosecute you!!