• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 Rebuild.. What did you pay?

OP
OP
Tram

Tram

Bronco Guru
Hey Viper-

I'm about to order parts and I was looking over the list posted earlier in this thread..

I noticed the 26006C Master combo kit is listed to have friction clutch plates & standard steel plates in it.

I also noticed you pick up 2 sets of 26126X which is Steel, C4, OVERSIZED, Forward / Direct.

Do you just not use the steels in the master kit? Not a make or break price difference, I was just curious.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The thicker steels allow you to fine tune the clutch clearance.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
theres a guy down here who will do it for $3-400, if it's out if the Bronco. I've had 2 or 3 rebuilt by him, all were perfect.

OP
OP
Tram

Tram

Bronco Guru
theres a guy down here who will do it for $3-400, if it's out if the Bronco. I've had 2 or 3 rebuilt by him, all were perfect.

Sweet. That's a pretty good price, if it includes all the wear items.

I just picked up the parts for my build and parts were right at $350, but I had to replace the front planetary and direct drum.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
here in Winfield. It's a friend of mine who works at a transmission place but also does work on the side out of his own shop. About 60 miles S of Florence. I'll talk to him or get you a contact ## if you're interested

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Sweet. That's a pretty good price, if it includes all the wear items.

I just picked up the parts for my build and parts were right at $350, but I had to replace the front planetary and direct drum.

You going to a roller planetary? 3 or 6? I like the 3 it's strong, you wont be disappointed if you go to a roller planetary, I am assuming you went with a cut direct drum for more clutches? Try to get the fattest steel you can in there, they are the heat-sink and are just as important as the clutches.

OP
OP
Tram

Tram

Bronco Guru
I just replaced them with stock units.

Both were toast.

Planetary.

6959bb2a1db620e8e3e6f65e9139c9ec.jpg

Direct clutch drum.

0e975d7812d56a240317894f617127dc.jpg