• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DD/Trail pony Early Bronco build **Cobra EFI it LIVES**

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I hung my cooler down almost touching the ground. I filled it up cooler first, then attached the hoses, then slowly filled hoses. Then attached hoses to PS box, then slowly filled it up. Next I attached hoses and filled them up with fluid. Attached hoses to Sagi pump. And slowly filled it up with fluid. At that point I would turn the wheels from lock to lock with engine off and wheels in the air (use extreme caution). I must have done that for a couple of days. Then I would start the engine for like 10 seconds and turn wheels from side to side with wheels in air again. I did that off and on for about a week. All the while I was checking the fluids in the Sagi. I may have went way overboard but I didn't have any vomiting or air bubbles. Eventually I let the front end down and turned the wheels with motor on.
Good luck!

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
It's bled and running great, I cannot even get it close to 190 on the temp gauge. All I need to do is take it off the jack stands and bolt the rear driveshaft back up.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
First impression, a bit hard to get going since my idle was a bit high, need to lower it. Once I got it out on the road I gassed it and after that I wanted moar! Lots of power and a sexy exhaust note out of the super single I am extremely happy! And the 3G alt to boot! the lights used to dim and the fuel pump would bog if I turned on my electric fans, well not anymore! This baby is almost ready to hit the open road to OCBR "390 miles one way" and I am getting anxious. Next on the list will be making a 37" spare and body armor. I need my shocks back from bilstien but they said that I will have them soon.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
First drive to work yielded good results. I flogged it the whole way after letting it warm up and it's holding strong with lots of power and no leaks. The hottest it got was 190 and no more than that. I am getting a little bit or that hard to crank symptom on a hot restart so I may need a little less advance. The power steering pump feels a tad weak but I have two so one will get sent to lee's and get rebuilt for more volume and pressure before I add ram assist.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Glad you made it in to work aiight mister... "mister "kinda ready for" ocbr" lol

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Glad you made it in to work aiight mister... "mister "kinda ready for" ocbr" lol

Hey it could go right now but I would have no spare, crappy shocks, and no body armor lol She will be all ready soon, very soon.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Bilstein has been great through all this answering all of my emails very promptly, great customer service! Anyway they said the shocks should be ready to ship by tomorrow, just in the nick of time!

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
So I have been driving the bronco quite a bit and I am soooo glad I did the engine swap! I only have one issue in the form of a wandering Idle. If I start it up in the cold morning it will be hitting 1500-2000 rpms. If I adjust that then it will not stay running in the heat of the afternoon. I'm going to chock this up to the fact that it was 55 in the morning and 108 in the afternoon. Not much else done but I did finish the spare tire and rim today.

Attachments

• IMAG0541.jpg
    IMAG0541.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
OCBR has come and gone and the bronco did great. I kept it kinda mild only doing 2's 3's and a few 4's due to the stock front axle shafts and the 1 yr old in the back seat. I'm still going to do the EFI conversion in the future however my Q-jet was seemingly unstoppable. H-boost is also going to be in the works as well as a new cage, bumpers, bed armor, tire carrier, and some other do dads. Beadlocks are going to be a priority also seeing as my tires got pretty tore up at 12 psi and traction was pretty dificult at times.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I determined that I need the following: New rims, Ram assist, hydroboost, RCV shafts, and a winch. I'm up in the air about making a new cage, buying one, or adding on to the one I have now.

I'd like to get the fuel injection done too but it's not that big of a deal since the Qjet is running so good.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
New wheels are finally assembled and on the bronco, what a pita. I also went to the Chickisha swap meet today and got my hands on two of those little portable air tanks for 10 bucks so I'm going to start cutting those up and working on an OBA system. I also have an open spot on the motor for another alt, makes me think about an on board welder too.

Sorry bout the crappy cell pic, it was too dark. I'll take another tomorrow.

Attachments

• new wheels.jpg
    new wheels.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Also the tire shop lost a bunch of dyna beads when they took my tires off the old rims, crap. I must have about 10 oz still in each one so I put two shot glasses full of .25 seamless airsoft BB's in there too. If I still get the shakes then I'll get some more dyna beads and funnel them through the valve stem.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I am getting a little hop and vibration above 50 mph I think I'll put another 12oz of dyna beads per tire but it's not a real priority since I don't go very fast or far to get to-from work.

Attachments

• IMAG0669.jpg
    IMAG0669.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG0670.jpg
    IMAG0670.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0671.jpg
    IMAG0671.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMAG0672.jpg
    IMAG0672.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Thanks Skiddy , did you get that steering box fixed yet? It was a broken sector shaft right?

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
man, ur bronco sounds tuff! what exhaust is it? the new wheels look killa!

Thanks, the exhaust is a super 44 2.5 inch single on WH shorties. It didn't sound like that before so I think it has a lot to do with that cobra motor :cool: