• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone sell a caliper rebuild kit?

T4x4R

Contributor
Powder-coated my calipers and need to put new internals back in. pistons, seals etc. Anyone sell a rebuild kit or know part numbers? Thanks

OP
OP
T

T4x4R

Contributor
they were a front disc upgrade kit from the PO. best guess ive gotten from nappa is maybe chevy calipers? They didnt know other than that. They look better now! just dont work....

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
DIFFERENT bores, will need to find out first

OP
OP
T

T4x4R

Contributor
heres some pictures

looks like the bore of the piston is 2 3/4"'s

Attachments

• IMG_1773.jpg
    IMG_1773.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1775.jpg
    IMG_1775.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 42

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Yep gm calipers ..Id start with late 70 's early 80's blazer/ 1/2 ton pickup applications ,,raybestos or Carlson should have kits easily found ,,,also there are rubber bushings where the slide pins are and they are in a separate kit

OP
OP
T

T4x4R

Contributor
thanks! Ill post part numbers once i get them. Cheers

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... i'M GOING TO SAY any of the Good Parts story's will have a rebuilt kit.
Now I'd never rebuild a caliper . you buy rebuilt one.& Get a warranty . as the rebuild kits some times cost as much as the ReMan caliper .
... Napa & Carquest. Maybe Oreally.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
... i'M GOING TO SAY any of the Good Parts story's will have a rebuilt kit.
Now I'd never rebuild a caliper . you buy rebuilt one.& Get a warranty . as the rebuild kits some times cost as much as the ReMan caliper .
... Napa & Carquest. Maybe Oreally.

X2.....I would not rebuild....buy reman and have a warranty......

Tim

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not unless you're sure whatever manufacturer's parts were used were the later calipers.
By far the most common Bronco conversion is the pre-'76 calipers. So I would use '75 as your go-to numbers first.

For all I know the rebuild kits are all the same, but the calipers changed in the late seventies in some aspect. I just don't know the details.

Paul