• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

does anyone sell an EFI kit???

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
I see some guys are scrappers and sell specific items we want. Like the astrovan hydroboost. I got that on here.

The explorer serpentine conversion. I am working on a deal to get that here.

Does anyone sell all the used parts to put a fuel injection system on my 302?
I would rather buy from a scrapper that knows his stuff than go and hunt it all down myself. We don't have any junkyards around here. Plus I don't have time and patience to buy one piece here and there.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
I would suggest you search out a good engine/race shop and have them do the work. It will cost a few grand to have it done but if they are reputable it will be done right and should last a long time.

Jim W.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I see some guys are scrappers and sell specific items we want. Like the astrovan hydroboost. I got that on here.

I would rather buy from a scrapper that knows his stuff than go and hunt it all down myself. We don't have any junkyards around here. Plus I don't have time and patience to buy one piece here and there.

Buy a complete Mustang motor and an aftermarket harness.

OP
OP
Joker11

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Jim3336,
uh, why would I pay someone to install it?
I am perfectly capable.

76bronco,
I don't need a whole motor.

Maybe I wasn't clear on what I was looking for.

I just wanted to know if there were any members or vendors that sell the fuel injection system from donor cars so that I can just buy it all from them in a complete kit. No need to go hunt down individual pieces.

Thanks for the replies guys!

FYI, I bought an Edelbrock Fuel injection system for my 66 chevelle. The only downside is that it lacks timing control. Which is why am looking at a factory donor.

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
i have an unmodifed harness and a few other parts if interested. i used to make harnesses and sell them, but i have no time these days.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My plan has been to find a wrecked or a whole care with a blown motor. Then do the intake swap and wiring harness etc.. onto my 302 out of my 77. The mustangs are hard to find for a decent price, but the 88-94 thunder birds with the 5.0 are pretty easy to find pretty cheap.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The trouble is the parts are worth more than the whole. You can buy the whole car for less that piecing together a "kit". Add in labor to pull all the parts, and whiney people complaining that there "kit" is nothing more than a pile of junkyard parts.

All the kits will simply be brand new in the box aftermarket kits.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Jim3336,
uh, why would I pay someone to install it?
I am perfectly capable.

76bronco,
I don't need a whole motor.

Maybe I wasn't clear on what I was looking for.

I just wanted to know if there were any members or vendors that sell the fuel injection system from donor cars so that I can just buy it all from them in a complete kit. No need to go hunt down individual pieces.

Thanks for the replies guys!

FYI, I bought an Edelbrock Fuel injection system for my 66 chevelle. The only downside is that it lacks timing control. Which is why am looking at a factory donor.

You're not getting it.

The trouble is the parts are worth more than the whole. You can buy the whole car for less that piecing together a "kit". Add in labor to pull all the parts, and whiney people complaining that there "kit" is nothing more than a pile of junkyard parts.

All the kits will simply be brand new in the box aftermarket kits.

Yes.

You're going to be in it more effort and money swapping EFI to a tired 302 in a Bronco than just pulling the engine complete. It's easier to just pull the old carbed engine and swap in the EFI engine that's ready to go. I'm telling you this from experience.

Complete engines are cheaper than the accessories. I just bought another EFI 5.0 for $450 here in Reno for my sister's Mustang, I highly doubt you can buy all the parts you need for even twice that.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
If you shop you can buy a good running thunderbird or cougar for less than an engine alone would cost

Pull the engine and harness and computer etc
Then sell the cougar at a crusher for $275

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Wrecked 5.0 Explorers are everywhere, just sayin!

I do sell harnesses and computers for them for people that are piecing it all together. There are others on this board that sell 5.0 accessory kits, intakes etc...So you could probably source everything you need from the classifieds here with one or 2 calls.

But, like others have said, you could probably find a wrecked donor cheaper than piecing it all together.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
I have a Mustang upper and lower, TB, injectors, fuel rail, computer and harness for $200 plus shipping. The harness needs to be reworked for a Bronco buts all ready to install.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru

Do you have a price range in mind as to what you'd pay for this scrap sourced kit?

Maybe that would help. See some guys think that a guy will do all the work and then sell a complete set up for 200 bucks, but Fox stuff is getting harder to find, plus the harnesses are starting to become brittle.

If your set on Fox, I'd buy a new EFI harness specifically for the Bronco...not chasing old electrical gremlins is worth that to me.

Then, if you find a old EEC, apparently the capacitors leak, so you'll want to replace them on the motherboard.

Just giving a heads up.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
YES, Several TBI systems to choose from. The venders sell them along with 100's of places on the net. Holley, FAST, Howell, EZefi, and others.

Mounts to the existing manifold and the kit is complete. Expect to pay 2K and up for these kits.

Looked at going with TBI but went with sourced parts from the yard.

Tim

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'm sure someone on here would put a "kit" together for you for the right price. Make a low price offer - no bites, then raise what you're willing to pay until you get a taker. I suspect you'd end up in the $1500 + range if it includes a new or modified harness.

That said I'd suggest sourcing it yourself including modifying the harness. I know you said you don't want to do that but that's the best way to know the system and learn exactly how it works. Helps in troubleshooting issues that may arise later. Good luck.

OP
OP
Joker11

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Thanks guys.
I appreciate it.
I paid $3,600.00 for my edelbrock fuel injection kit.

I might look at the MSD atomic as an alternative to ford efi.

I obviously dont have the junkyards to source from like many of you. Or else I probably would have.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV

n59rob

Loc.
Sweetwater, TN
I was able to source a plug and play Ford EFI harness modified for the Bronco tested with a ECM (included in the price) and shipped for a total of $225.00. Clean harness, clear instructions, and am very happy. He had also done a harness for me when I was building a FFR roadster replica. I will pass on the info to anyone that wants to PM me. Not sure about posting it here as he has not become a member, although I have encouraged him to.