• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI & Explorer Serp Swap – (First Start - RUNS!)

skerrybronco

Loc.
Montreal,Canada
My only remaining issue is the crappy throttle cable. I've been messing with the BCB throttle bracket and setup trying to get full range of TB motion without having super-sensitive throttle response. I've tried the progressive throttle modification (viper wolf) and that helped but the travel of that cable is still rough and not smooth. Slow to raise the pedal off the floor and that's with excessive return springs on the BCB bracket. I finally call uncle and ordered a Lokar throttle setup that will pull from the rear. Hopefully I have better luck with that setup moreover the BCB unit.

congrats on being up and running, no leaks etc.. must feel great,
myself I will be using the new lokar cable I had for a carburator. I trial fitted everything, looks like it will work fine. But I am not there yet, still just buttoning up the cooling waiting for a shroud to arrive. so I can do a water test, then fuel then upper.....
couple pics here
cheers

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248839

sizemoremk

It's working fantastic once you get the right gasket in place. My whole issue was using the wrong (big water port) gasket. With the small port in place and properly installed, I'm 100% sealed with no leaks and fantastic cooling.

Thanks, I discovered that my gasket were indeed the larger coolant port version...
Which is upsetting because I asked for the gaskets for a 69 Mustang when I got them. They didn't seem as drastically bigger as the ones in your picture though. They seemed to be just barely too big... The number on the gasket was MS90361...

This last set of gaskets I used do however seem to match up about perfectly with the lower intake side though... Which mine is the 86-93 style. I don't have new gaskets in front of me yet, but would the older style gaskets with the smaller coolant ports not have the reverse issue since the coolant ports on the lower intake are bigger?

It doesn't seem like the smaller gasket would seal against the bigger ports on the intake side? Like the bead on the gasket for the coolant port would be intruding into the coolant port on the intake manifold???

How did the MS90103-1 gaskets look against your lower intake?

Thank you sir!

TOOLMAN

Congrats on being up and running. It looks awesome. I'm doing nearly the exact things you did but add power brakes and a 1" body lift. It's been a long 4 months and I'm looking forward to firing mine up. Send some good vibes my direction!

OP
OP
xcntrk

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Congrats on being up and running. It looks awesome. I'm doing nearly the exact things you did but add power brakes and a 1" body lift. It's been a long 4 months and I'm looking forward to firing mine up. Send some good vibes my direction!
The 1" body lift will be great! I have the factory body mounts (0 lift) and it's a tight fit with an original steel hood. I have a nice 3/8" plenium intake raiser that I originally planned to use to block the EGR recirc port, but when test fitting that 3/8" raised the upper intake to the point where it interferes with my hood. So I couldn't use the raiser.