• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electric Fuel Pump - Do It

Beer_Me

Posting this for anyone who may be on the fence with installing an electric fuel pump. For background, I have a '69 302 with 2100 carb and have fought starting issues and as of late a failed 2nd mechanical fuel pump. I've always been a purist in the sense that I wanted my Bronco to be as it was originally designed.

Well, after being tired of rough starts and failed pumps I installed a Carter 4070 with a Painless relay kit. What a difference it has made. It starts like a modern car and I feel like power is always there. I am still looking at oil pressure switches as failsafe, but the pump has been proofed out.

Maybe a humblebrag or celebratory post, but for those like me who were on the fence I say it's a great move.

Also, many thanks to this forum. The knowledge shared here is invaluable.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great to hear of your success! Thanks for the extra feedback too. Sure to help someone.

OP
OP
Beer_Me

Beer_Me

It has a relay and fuse. Currently no other switches but still to come. Wanted to get it wired along with new fuel lines to make sure that was the underlying cause to a variety of issues.

Would definitely be interested in any suggestions of switches.