• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

F8 LUBR Build Thread

Audifan

Contributor
Jefe...I was snooping through your build thread for like the millionth time and I just realized you extended your passenger seat floor to match the driver side...Did you use the WildHorse storage steel piece to do it or something else?

If so, did you weld it in or bolt it? was it a pain to paint/bedline the inside of the compartment?

I'm getting ready to install the WH piece on mine in the next week or so. Current plan is to weld it in, but trying to think through painting and bedlining inside and the covered floor area.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Met up with some buddies (No Hay & RODRIG3911) last Saturday for Cars & Coffee:

QzmUb2i.jpg

Got a lot of compliments on the restoration, especially the body lines and paint color:

7nI61Fl.jpg4

Complete detail and ceramic paint coating tomorrow and our first big car show is on Saturday. I also have a Bronco Driver magazine shoot after the show. Got the tailgate letters on:

piQ1e2I.jpg

I installed 3M paint protection film inside the door sills, on the gas gaps and around the ignition to protect the dash. Can you even tell its there?

6ZpfRzd.jpg

Tried changing out the shift indicator bulb to LED but the bulb I bought was too tall. Ordered this instead: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...d-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/3551/7577/

Everything inside the steering column was replaced with new parts as well including the turn signal switch and wiring:

DRKhHiw.jpg

New LED bulb for the gear shift indicator:

9sfTeSc.jpg

Jefe...I was snooping through your build thread for like the millionth time and I just realized you extended your passenger seat floor to match the driver side...Did you use the WildHorse storage steel piece to do it or something else?

If so, did you weld it in or bolt it? was it a pain to paint/bedline the inside of the compartment?

I'm getting ready to install the WH piece on mine in the next week or so. Current plan is to weld it in, but trying to think through painting and bedlining inside and the covered floor area.
Yes I used the WH storage box (part # 3601) and had it welded in. We did not spray bedliner in the tub as it was already done so we painted the box black and then covered with sound deadening and the vinyl flooring:

OSbX6ep.jpg

Half way thru the trim install. I think this how it should have come from Ford originally:

8t6yspI.jpg

Last edited:

Audifan

Contributor
Awesome!! thank you for the pictures. Thats exactly what we're gonna do on mine as well, even more excited having seen these pictures.

Planning on mounting my amp in the new compartment as well.

Thanks again.

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How did the ebrake turn out? Mounted on the kick panel? Gorgeous stallion!

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Awesome!! thank you for the pictures. Thats exactly what we're gonna do on mine as well, even more excited having seen these pictures.
Planning on mounting my amp in the new compartment as well.
Thanks again.
We also thought about mounting an 8" or 10" subwoofer in that seat box and moving the amp if it didnt fit. Im still thinking about adding a sub
How did the ebrake turn out? Mounted on the kick panel? Gorgeous stallion!
We are going to tackle that after the big car show this Saturday. It looks like its going to be a simple install without modifying too much. Just a 2.5" slice of metal out of the firewall. Planning on mounting it directly above where the stock cable comes through and sealing that hole up.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
OK, so enough keeping us in suspense......how did it go this weekend?

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
OK, so enough keeping us in suspense......how did it go this weekend?
Ditto! I missed the big show Saturday.
Pics of your ride at the Rotary show and Bronco Driver mag shoot?
haha! The car show was a huge success! They must have had 450 cars and there were times when 20 people surrounded the Bronco. Overwhelming response from people, they loved every little detail. I must have talked to 100 different people about it. I also met people who have Broncos locally and want help finishing theirs or want to join the local club. Just after the detail and ceramic coating:

0ZiRdp6.jpg

Drove it to the show the night before as they had a dinner for everyone:

A8Sbn0s.jpg

Covered it with my Hellcat cover. You would think a cover that is for a car that's 4' longer than the Bronco would fit. Nope!

cQfWrJy.jpg

In the morning we set up our hitch mounted chairs made by Hammaka. They were a huge hit:

ndpsf2V.jpg

With the hood shocks you can leave the hood half way propped open like above but people wanted to see the engine bay so I raised it up:

KZZ5W9d.jpg

I was so busy talking to people that I forgot to take more than 1 photo during the show. I did find these online from someone else:

X3FvM0B.jpg

I used a car show door prop rod and had the drivers door open so people didn't have to lean over or try to crawl inside:

z4m3OLC.jpg

4PM rolls around and I still have 2 people asking questions about the gas caps. I fire it up and get a text from the Bronco Driver photographer that he was 45 mins away. We race home, unload of all the chairs and used an air hose to blow all the dirt off from the show. We somehow made it to Saguaro National Park with 4 minutes to spare before they close the gates:

P1IdkWT.jpg

Then the lighting got perfect. These are slightly edited cell phone pics:

g6Nc4yw.jpg

0fqlr1t.jpg

5P4B62v.jpg

Here are a few teasers from him:

4Sf0BrQ.jpg

5X2GujE.jpg

gqHylH1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I have another car show Dec 31st at the Nova Home Loans Bowl Game Tailgate. 175 cars on campus next to the stadium. Might even get some TV coverage (CBS Sports 4:15PM on NYE).

I did get contacted by the editor of Hagerty magazine who wants to run a small piece on the Bronco build in an upcoming magazine.

Perfect weather out so I went for a cruise with the Raptor:

Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6WkJCPFzIW/

1OvhkeC.jpg

Last edited:

RVZIO

Loc.
New Smyrna Beach
I know I could read you posts all the way but could you tell me the wheel rim and tire size you show in your last pictures.
Thank You

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I know I could read you posts all the way but could you tell me the wheel rim and tire size you show in your last pictures.
Thank You
16x8" Black Rock Yumas with 275/65/16 BFGs. Basically a 32x10.50

Where did you get your seats upholstered?
A local shop here on the southside called Baca Enterprises. Its run out of an old house. Each room is stacked to the ceiling with fabric haha

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I love looking at your truck man knowing i had a small help achieving your look you wanted! beautiful! awesome to see you out enjoying every minute of it!

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I love looking at your truck man knowing i had a small help achieving your look you wanted! beautiful! awesome to see you out enjoying every minute of it!
Thank you sir! The powdercoated pieces were such a nice touch on the build!

Car wash next week and then the car show!

az-bowl-2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Since I had it cermaic coated all it needed was a quick detail wipe down and it was ready for the show:

SP8zZto.jpg

Pulled in at 6:50AM and almost all of the cars were already parked:

52owVAG.jpg

Sun just starting to rise:

0Gyx1lJ.jpg

Got my Hammaka chairs set up and waited for the crowds to arrive!

N7dDbZ9.jpg

c3nzLOz.jpg

f5N7KrM.jpg

xZH65UU.jpg

Majority of the people at the tailgate were from Wyoming and they said they could fish or hunt from these chairs:

Gt8bsWI.jpg

We walked around the show and only saw 1 truck that we thought could beat us for Best Classic Truck. Check this thing out:

attachment.php

attachment.php

He wound up winning that category but I was shocked to hear my name called for Best Paint out of 175 cars!

fVsuWJG.jpg

Last edited:

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Congrats on the win. looked like some pretty cool cars and trucks. I'm guessing the truck is late 40s Diamond T

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Congrats on the win. looked like some pretty cool cars and trucks. I'm guessing the truck is late 40s Diamond T
Correct! Thats gotta be a custom bed though. As soon as he pulled into the lot I knew we lost haha