• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Florida Holopawlooza 2010 ..Weekend & PICS

JW

Contributor
Loc.
Hobe Sound
Whoohoo, got my carbed cleaned out and drove it to work today, idles like a brand new Japanese car

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
Good news. What kind of scratches did you end up with on your truck? I got a couple of nice thick pin stripes in my paint.

I repacked my front bearings last night. One was completely dry and fine, while the other side had some water in it. Disassembled the locking hub to make sure the seals are clean and in good shape.

JW

Contributor
Loc.
Hobe Sound
thanks Mark, your rig looks awesome too! I think I faired ok with the scrathces, haven't noticed anything too bad yet, still got some more cleaning to do. I have a really hard paint so I should be ok and can buff some out. it needs a few scratches on it anyway to look right

Still got to change the axel fluids and check the hubs, I have a slight leak on one of the rear wheel bearing so will be changing those and the seals out over the weekend.

Already looking forward to March, let me know the dates when set

thanks,
Jason

Revelation

Bronco Guru
eya I ended up with matching stripes on both front fenders, but the minor scratches sure beat trashing another radiator.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Mine actually idles and runs too! (now that i have FOUR filters to catch all the rust from the tank!)

Got to love Ethanol!
Dont think I will have to worry about the rust in the gas, except from the sending unit, Wonder if I could find a stainless sending unit?

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Hey Allen did you get that t case fixed or did you have to swap it out? Did you ever figure out what happened to it to cause it to lock in gear?

alien74

Loc.
tampa fl.
Hey Allen did you get that t case fixed or did you have to swap it out? Did you ever figure out what happened to it to cause it to lock in gear?

Not yet, it popped out of gear with 10 miles to go and had to drive in low range to get home. got a pipe and rammed it back. daily driver still with noise but i carry a two foot pipe with until trade it out. unfortunately it might be my adaptor shaft bearings or gears. probably going to drive it till it blows.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Got to love Ethanol!
Dont think I will have to worry about the rust in the gas, except from the sending unit, Wonder if I could find a stainless sending unit?

They do make em stainless. I got one somewhere but I can't remember where.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Yeah cowboy it's Suburban Estates. We have a couple of guys that own property out there, thus having keys to get in. It's a fun place to go and Butch has a real nice setup for us at his camp.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Its been a long time since I have been there, used to go alot. There was a fella who used to ride a dirtbike and hang out by the gate. We called him Kickstand Doug. He aslo was an EB nut. Those pics brought back some memories.... many nights bogging to pine island and lots of beer.... good times! We stopped going after our camp was vandelized time and again and switched to River Ranch. I still have my place at RR but I dont know if I will ever go back since I moved to VA......