• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Florida Holopawlooza 2010 ..Weekend & PICS

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Thanks for all the great pics guys. Is it time for the spring run yet?

I do have a couple of professional photographers that may be interested in coming on a run with us and take Pictures for us at no cost other than maybe a beer or 12. Just a thought.

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
I told this to the night riders at the fire when we returned.

The night ride on the gator loop was fun.....once we hit the home stretch. My son Ian and I are not too fond of skirting deep water holes with 2 wheels up on the side. I know we are not going to tip, but the tilt of the truck adds to our nervousness. Chris (Yank) reassured me that if he could make it, so could I. He had a full tank of confidence fuel though.

At one point we were leaning over nicely with water coming in the door. I didn't want to be wet as well as cold, and turned to Ian and said "Why are we doing this?" Ian quickly responded, "Because we don't drive Jeeps."

Put a big smile on my face, and made the rest of the U-Bronco trip a lot more pleasurable.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I would like to see more mud slingin' action pics, or tight trail maneuvers too.

I am up for the next day trip up there. That place is fun.

SORRY ... I only have pics of who was around me !!!

only 2wd forced me to be with the not so much mud flicking group and that was fun to !!!!

THANKS TIM for bringing all the parts and let me know about the EBs you like to sale !!!!

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Wow those are some great pictures guys, they really make me jealous that I couldn't make it.;D It looks like everyone had a great time and I'm glad everyone made it home safe.

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
How long does it take get all that mud wash off thoes rigs

25 min at the local power wash just to get the cake off and a qick brush down still have mud between the flares and the fender on one side.. still have stuff in the frame rail behind the bumper...this was just a inital clean

Revelation

Bronco Guru
How long does it take get all that mud wash off thoes rigs

Took me about 30 min. to clean under the truck, under the hood, and wash the outside. But that is not a fair measure cause that Stainless sure cleans up easy.

Ned

Loc.
Hollywood Beach
Great pictures looks like lots of fun, wish I could have made it! Hopefully buy spring I can be out there as well!

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I did not get a pic of the parts trailer, but a 4 core that was on it replaced this.

Attachments

• IMG00125-20101106-1629.jpg
    IMG00125-20101106-1629.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 10

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Franko, Did you tell everyone there how much fun OCBR is?? And how they all need to go to it next year??
Jamey

Yes he did! Were all looking into getting a bus and making the trip. Have a few problems, the school board doesn't have any extra short buses to spare.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Yes he did! Were all looking into getting a bus and making the trip. Have a few problems, the school board doesn't have any extra short buses to spare.

Maybe we could rent this one!

68504d1194680686-your-ultimate-truck-stomper.jpg

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Heck we could buy that with the money from the 50/50.%)%)%)

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know there used to be a medium yellow bus like that on 50 outside cleremont!

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
You know you had a fun weekend when you take the bottom screw out of the locking hubs and it makes a puddle on the floor.:cool: I got the tires changed back to street mode and cleaned and repacked all the front bearings. I could hear the sand in the bearings when spinning the wheels. Still haven't had time to actually wash mine but I kinda like it being dirty. Spent 30 minutes with a stiff bristle brush and the shop vac cleaning the inside of ole Gunny tonight in hopes to not get eyes full of sand on my ride to work in the morning. Might still wear the goggles to be safe.

As much fun as I had this weekend the single best thing that was accomplished from this years event is that........my wife now gets it. She has never been able to wrap her head around the whole Bronco thing. She has supported it from the beginning but she never really grasped all that is involved. She didn't really understand the brotherhood aspect, and didn't understand my desire to upgrade things as they broke or needed replacing. But after seeing the wide variety of rigs that were there, from mild to wild, and noticing the limitations of some versus others she is starting to get it. She was impressed by the willingness of everyone to help anyone who needed it, whether it be a can of carb cleaner or 3 hours of laying on your back helping to fix someone elses rig. She always knew Colton loved my Bronco but she really got to see it first hand this year. She told me tonight that she was on board with anything I wanted to do with Gunny as long as it was in the budget. She really enjoys the other ladies that come and can see that there are other wives or girlfriends that support their men too. She really enjoyed herself this weekend and is looking forward to Corbit in March.

cwarren87

I'm bummed I missed it this year, it looks like everyone had a great time. I couldn't get the Bronco registered in time to bring it out.