• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

If the BRONCO didn't exist?

Heus33

Bronco Guru
A Tracker or an Xterra. My old Tracker was rusty but very dependable and cheap, not to mention very fun to beat up.

Love my Xterra - its like a modern 4dr Bronco. ;D Sadly, I'll be selling it when my Bronco is ready for DD duty.

If the Bronco didn't exist it would probably be an FJ for me - I remember plowing snow in my uncles old FJ.

Always thought the Nissan Patrol was cool too.

Attachments

• projectorson.jpg
    projectorson.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Nissan Patrol  1 Blue.jpg
    Nissan Patrol 1 Blue.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 41

Sporto

I had an Izuzu Amigo when I was stationed in NC. Decent daily driver but terrible on the highway and had no power to speak of, but it was a lot of fun on the beach and in the mud.

I actually liked driving it, sold it when I returned to PA...

There...I said it...

:-[

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Any '61-'66 Mercury Pickup 4x4
Merc4x4web.jpg

Or a '73-'74 Pathfinder Quadravan Ford
Quadravan4x4.jpg

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I hate to even think of no Broncos but if so I guess I'd just have to be happy with my F250, my two F150s, and my old 53 Willis.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Full size ford trucks from the 60s (thats what I had before the broncos)
Maybe a Scout of FJ
Never really liked jeeps, I liked the idea of the jeep just knew jeeps were junk.
Classic mustangs 65-68

Broncitis

MEB Founder
When I hit the lottery and get to assemble my dream collection of SUVs, I will be adding at least one version of each (because just like Broncos, you'd need stock, street mod, trail modified ;D) :

FJ-40
Range Rover Series I
Ranger Rover D90
Nissan Patrol

A few other euro / Russian of this type which I can not recall the names of.

Although quite capable and an american icon, Jeeps really do nothing for me at all, even the old ones. Way too many and not unique enough for me. The reason I have a Bronco and not a Jeep is the same reason I ride a Triumph and not a Harley or Honda.

bwnieder

Contributor
I would get a scout like my dad had when I was a kid. I thought it was really cool when the door would come open on corners and my oldest brother would fall out.

Ranchtruck

55-57 Chevy with Napco 4x4. I've got a 3/4 ton 56 GMC with a 58 chevy cab and nose and a 73+ stepside longbed that's partway through being converted over to 4x4. The 270ci six and SM420 are coming out and I've got a Cadillac 500 th400 np205 combo to go in. Need to find a PTO for the np205 to keep the PTO winch powered. Or find gears to swap the chelsea reversible pto from the sm420 on to the transfer case.

I don't like the dual headlights and grille of the 58-59's so it would be an early one. 5 window of course, can't have too much glass in a cab.

sriha

Another option for me would be a Cherokee, they are easy to come by and I have seen them do some crazy stuff like run without antifreeze while boiling the sludge off engine;D

I sometimes still miss my Tracker...

Attachments

• trail mud.jpg
    trail mud.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 17
  • three wheel.jpg
    three wheel.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 17
  • night time.jpg
    night time.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 16